daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > History, Heritage and Period Architecture Discussions > Heritage Buildings & Monuments

Old June 20th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #1
gputhige
Maximuz

Likes (Received): 0

Hampi Architecture

Hi,

I am a 3D student planning to do a project work on any ONE of the marvellous architectural structures of Hampi. Unlike the general practise of using just reference images, I would like to build one of these structures to scale.

I would be very glad if anyone can direct me to a site/org/institution which does have the plan and elevation details of any of the structures in Hampi.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

GP
gputhige no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 25th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #2
radhika

This is a very good idea to create these monuments in 3D to exact scale. Why dont you try the Archaeological Survey of India. They should have the details.

Best Regards
radhika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #3
gputhige
Maximuz

Thanks Radhika for the response. Yes it is a good suggestion and I will try this. However, I was discouraged by many as to the support ASI can/will give me. Hence I thought if anyone has done some effort (out of their own curiosity) and is willing to share the data, it would be wonderful.

I am primarily interested in the general dimensions like the L,B and Height. If additional elevation details are available, it will be fantastic.

Rgds,
GPhttp://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/shake.gif
gputhige no está en línea   Reply With Quote