daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers Discussions of projects under construction between 200-299m/650-999ft tall.
» Proposed Skyscrapers



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #21
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,497
Likes (Received): 4363

Quote:
Originally Posted by boschb View Post
riyadh needs to build more small towers instead of a few big ones, beautiful project otherwise
i think riyadh needs to big and small towers, just opinion i wish to riyadh becoming like dubai...
K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #22
JC_Zwolle
Le penseur
 
JC_Zwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States of Europe
Posts: 1,656
Likes (Received): 66

^It never will be because western people wouldn't wanna go there.
__________________
My pics: Paris part 1, Paris part 2, Eurotrip 2010

Visit the Zwolle page!!

The man who knows too much.
JC_Zwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #23
GulfArabia
 
GulfArabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: KSA
Posts: 2,665
Likes (Received): 1513

WOW. So many racist comments...
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #24
Yaghuth
Registered User
 
Yaghuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,543
Likes (Received): 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Woah! What's with the attacks? All I said was that Riyadh is one of the ugliest Muslim cities in the world. How could you not know that already? Jeddah makes Riyadh look like Fallout 3 (not sure if video games are allowed in Saudi Arabia so I will say it is about a post-apocalyptic city). That being said, the building is nice, but the city is horrible. Done.
if you are that ignorant about Saudi Arabia what makes you think you can have an opinion about Riyadh??



Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_Zwolle View Post
^It never will be because western people wouldn't wanna go there.
wow , so you think only the cities with " westerners " deserves to look nice ??
__________________

iKHALEDM liked this post
Yaghuth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #25
ibib
Registered User
 
ibib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,665
Likes (Received): 2894

OK people, let's stay on topic. If anyone can post a intial designe or render...
__________________
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. Dr. Napoleon Hill
ibib no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #26
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش
 
Mesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Unaizah
Posts: 6,500
Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Woah! What's with the attacks? All I said was that Riyadh is one of the ugliest Muslim cities in the world. How could you not know that already? Jeddah makes Riyadh look like Fallout 3 (not sure if video games are allowed in Saudi Arabia so I will say it is about a post-apocalyptic city). That being said, the building is nice, but the city is horrible. Done.
lol
__________________
“Then send me to plummet with savaging words.”
Mesch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #27
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)
 
SNAEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,235
Likes (Received): 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Woah! What's with the attacks? All I said was that Riyadh is one of the ugliest Muslim cities in the world. How could you not know that already? Jeddah makes Riyadh look like Fallout 3 (not sure if video games are allowed in Saudi Arabia so I will say it is about a post-apocalyptic city). That being said, the building is nice, but the city is horrible. Done.
well , actually we have video games there
and having video games its not a sign of development,
and we didnt insult ur culture , they just say its boring ,that doesn't mean its ugly and blah blah blah... be more polite in your speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_Zwolle View Post
^It never will be because western people wouldn't wanna go there.
well, i kind of agree with that
westerns r brilliant and intelligent , but that doesn't mean we can't develop our cities ,also in china there r so many cities have been developed without westerns , so i guess we can do it and westerns and non-westerns All r welcome
__________________
GO SAUDI ARABIA GO

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul


iKHALEDM liked this post

Last edited by SNAEK; July 15th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #28
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers
 
SirAdrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 591
Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfArabia View Post
WOW. So many racist comments...
You clearly misunderstood what the word racism implies. Criticism cultural norms has nothing to do with it. Whether these comments belong on a skyscraper forum is another question.
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #29
3baaad 4 Jeddah
15-16/09/2010 AG
 
3baaad 4 Jeddah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Riyadh
Posts: 3,410
Likes (Received): 883

I notice
that every time we talk about saudi arabia
people start fight
why ????
come on guy's
if anyone want to share his opinion about the project or any project you are welcome
and the other shut the hell
3baaad 4 Jeddah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #30
JC_Zwolle
Le penseur
 
JC_Zwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States of Europe
Posts: 1,656
Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaghuth View Post
wow , so you think only the cities with " westerners " deserves to look nice ??
You clearly misunderstood my point. Western people are far more wealthy than arabian people. Ofcourse, there multibillionare oil sheiks, but they aren't enough to keep the exclusive brand-stores opened and to keep the restaurants filled. So they can build whatever they want, even pretty things, but if there's no one to fill all those buildings, you'll end up with a ghost town.
I don't think Arabians don't deserve their cities to look nice, I never said only western cities or cities with westerners deserve to look nice. I want all people on this planet to live in nice cities. I just said it wouldn't be possible for Riyadh, however that's just my opinion.

What you can also ask yourself is: do you really want your city to look like Dubai? I certainly won't. Dubai would be nice to stay as a tourist, and I certainly admire their ambition. However, it's just some huge towers and a lot of villas in the middle of the desert. That may seem nice at first sight, but I think it won't be very pleasant to live in.
Besides, the problem I above mentioned, the fact there isn't a wealthy middle class makes all the malls, the office towers and the condo-towers stay empty. I'm not sure if Dubai will ever get off the ground, but as it seems right now, it's heading towards the ghost town-scenario. They are still building a lot of towers and other things, but also a lot more towers and other buildings are on hold or have been cancelled. If it weren't for Abu Dhabi, Dubai would already have been bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAEK View Post
well, i kind of agree with that
westerns r brilliant and intelligent , but that doesn't mean we can't develop our cities ,also in china there r so many cities have been developed without westerns , so i guess we can do it and westerns and non-westerns All r welcome
Now that's racist. I never said westers are brilliant and intelligent or implicated that we are or arabian people aren't. Basically, all races are equally intelligent. Western people are more wealthy, but that's got nothing to do with brilliancy or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3baaad 4 Jeddah View Post
I notice
that every time we talk about saudi arabia
people start fight
why ????
come on guy's
if anyone want to share his opinion about the project or any project you are welcome
and the other shut the hell
Do I have to remind you that you are on a forum on which people can have discussions with each other? People like you start to fight, others are just having a polite and respectful discussion.
__________________
My pics: Paris part 1, Paris part 2, Eurotrip 2010

Visit the Zwolle page!!

The man who knows too much.
JC_Zwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #31
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)
 
SNAEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,235
Likes (Received): 978

Quote:
Now that's racist. I never said westers are brilliant and intelligent or implicated that we are or arabian people aren't. Basically, all races are equally intelligent. Western people are more wealthy, but that's got nothing to do with brilliancy or anything.
well , wealth comes from the intelligent , and business needs intelligence
and bout the racist things , u said "It never will be because western people wouldn't wanna go there"
it sounds like (people cant do anything without westerns)
dont be arrogant, and be more modest with other people
__________________
GO SAUDI ARABIA GO

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul

SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #32
patrykus
Registered User
 
patrykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,778
Likes (Received): 1794

But you do agree that almost all egineers, on saudi construcition sites are western/european/asian. And arabic ones are quite rare. The same with dubai, and any other arabic developing country. So in conclusion it turns out he was quite correct
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #33
ckm
Registered User
 
ckm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Flying
Posts: 4,090
Likes (Received): 156

I guess it will be able to hold the title of "the tallest building in Saudi Arabia that non-Muslims can visit"

Anyway, comparations between Dubai & Riyadh are not very opportune.

Riyadh is now one of the fastest growing cities in the world (expected +10 million in 2025), and most of its growth is due to local population (people migrating from small province towns to the capital, and natural birthrate).

Comparing a 2 million sq.m. country with +50 million people in a few decades (Saudi Arabia) with a city-state with no natural resources like Dubai is as unfortunate as comparing China with Singapore.

You can like one or the other, but they are completely different things to begin with.
ckm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #34
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)
 
SNAEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,235
Likes (Received): 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
But you do agree that almost all egineers, on saudi construcition sites are western/european/asian. And arabic ones are quite rare. The same with dubai, and any other arabic developing country. So in conclusion it turns out he was quite correct
well, i guess i just agree that western people r rich and intelligent ,but not leading the business in arab countries; in Dubai most the investors r arabs and indians ,in riyadh most the investors r saudis , my words were clear ,so u dont need to mix it up as what u want to hear
__________________
GO SAUDI ARABIA GO

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul


Last edited by SNAEK; July 16th, 2010 at 02:58 AM.
SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:12 AM   #35
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,497
Likes (Received): 4363

there lot of western businessmen they own lot of companies and towers!!!
K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #36
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)
 
SNAEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,235
Likes (Received): 978



i didnt deny that , when i said "most" that doesn't mean "there r no western businessmen there" that about dubai ,but in riyadh , absolutely there r few westerns businessmen , and we absolutely hope that they did some project in riyadh
__________________
GO SAUDI ARABIA GO

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul

SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #37
patrykus
Registered User
 
patrykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,778
Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAEK View Post
well, i guess i just agree that western people r rich and intelligent ,but not leading the business in arab countries; in Dubai most the investors r arabs and indians ,in riyadh most the investors r saudis , my words were clear ,so u dont need to mix it up as what u want to hear
Well, I wasn't talking about businessmans. It's your land, your oil and your money so obviously the most businessmans there are arabic ones. But with just a "vision" and money you can't build cities, great towers, and other projects. For now the reality is that arabs allways have to hire foreign engineers, manegers and workers. Thats just all about "doing anything without westerners". Not intended to offend anybody though, thats just fact Saudis builds now many universitates, and thats good thing. Probably after decade or something you won't need foreign intelligence, but for now its simply not the case yet.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #38
odnarivon
theTRUTHseeker
 
odnarivon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: AsiA
Posts: 37
Likes (Received): 0

riyadh can not be a bustling and alive city,it's boring same with the people.everything are controlled no freedom......malls anywhere in the world are lively,riyadh malls are too boring!
odnarivon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #39
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)
 
SNAEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,235
Likes (Received): 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Well, I wasn't talking about businessmans. It's your land, your oil and your money so obviously the most businessmans there are arabic ones. But with just a "vision" and money you can't build cities, great towers, and other projects. For now the reality is that arabs allways have to hire foreign engineers, manegers and workers. Thats just all about "doing anything without westerners". Not intended to offend anybody though, thats just fact Saudis builds now many universitates, and thats good thing. Probably after decade or something you won't need foreign intelligence, but for now its simply not the case yet.

thats really great speech my friend
in the past ; riyadh city was really need foreign people to benefit from their experiences ,and we still need their experiences "i admit that " , but i think we could depend on ourself now, but that will take a while , so thats what happen now ,we use foreign experts and develop education here till we could stand up by ourself , when i told u westerns r intelligent and brilliant , because they have preceded us in "science and technology" ,that doesn't mean they physically or mentally different form other people , and u were right when u said " money can't build cities " and i totally agree with that and i think i haven't mentioned or hinted about that, just to know that and don't get me wrong , so riyadh is still working hard,until it can to be a global city someday
__________________
GO SAUDI ARABIA GO

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul

SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #40
ibib
Registered User
 
ibib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,665
Likes (Received): 2894

Quote:
Originally Posted by odnarivon View Post
riyadh can not be a bustling and alive city,it's boring same with the people.everything are controlled no freedom......malls anywhere in the world are lively,riyadh malls are too boring!
Wonder if this has anything to do with tadawul tower
__________________
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. Dr. Napoleon Hill
ibib no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu