daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Cambodia forum > Cambodia > Infrastructure & Tourism



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #1
kvaaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 894
Likes (Received): 7

Prey Veng | Neak Loeung Bridge | Mekong Bridge 3 | 2215m | AH1/NH1 | U/C

Japan gives Cambodia US$131m for Mekong bridge

REUTERS , PHNOM PENH
Thursday, Jun 24, 2010, Page 4

Japan signed an agreement yesterday to provide a US$131 million grant to Cambodia to build what will be the longest bridge across the Mekong River and a major link in a regional transport network.

Construction of the bridge over the Mekong, at the town of Neak Leoung, southeast of the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh, is expected to begin soon and should be completed by 2015.

“It’s to contribute to the transfer of people and goods for Cambodia and all the Mekong region,” Japanese Ambassador to Cambodia Masafumi Kuroki told reporters at the signing ceremony.

Cambodia is still rebuilding its infrastructure with the help of foreign aid donors, after decades of war and turmoil that ended in the 1990s.

Travelers now have to use a ferry to cross the river at Neak Leoung, a major bottleneck on the main road between Phnom Penh and Vietnam.

Cambodian Foreign Minister Hor Namhong said the bridge would facilitate the transport of goods and people between Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and China.

“This bridge is very important, not only for Cambodia, but also for all countries in the Mekong region,” the minister said.

Japan took the lead at an aid donors conference this month when Cambodia was promised a total of US$1.1 billion in aid for this year, more than the government had been expecting, to support a goal of 6 percent economic growth for the year.
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Asian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,723
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvaaa View Post
Japan gives Cambodia US$131m for Mekong bridge

REUTERS , PHNOM PENH
Thursday, Jun 24, 2010, Page 4

Japan signed an agreement yesterday to provide a US$131 million grant to Cambodia to build what will be the longest bridge across the Mekong River and a major link in a regional transport network.

Construction of the bridge over the Mekong, at the town of Neak Leoung, southeast of the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh, is expected to begin soon and should be completed by 2015.

“It’s to contribute to the transfer of people and goods for Cambodia and all the Mekong region,” Japanese Ambassador to Cambodia Masafumi Kuroki told reporters at the signing ceremony.

Cambodia is still rebuilding its infrastructure with the help of foreign aid donors, after decades of war and turmoil that ended in the 1990s.

Travelers now have to use a ferry to cross the river at Neak Leoung, a major bottleneck on the main road between Phnom Penh and Vietnam.

Cambodian Foreign Minister Hor Namhong said the bridge would facilitate the transport of goods and people between Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and China.

“This bridge is very important, not only for Cambodia, but also for all countries in the Mekong region,” the minister said.

Japan took the lead at an aid donors conference this month when Cambodia was promised a total of US$1.1 billion in aid for this year, more than the government had been expecting, to support a goal of 6 percent economic growth for the year.
This is good news indeed.
Asian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Chadster93
Registered User
 
Chadster93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 507
Likes (Received): 2


Here is what it will look like:
Chadster93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #4
kvaaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 894
Likes (Received): 7

It looks like Vietnam's Can Tho Bride.
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #5
Asian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,723
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadster93 View Post

Here is what it will look like:

Not bad. So, we'll have the first cable-supported suspension bridge ever in the history of Cambodia.
Asian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #6
thekh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,001
Likes (Received): 54

Finally, Cambodia gets a cable bridge!
thekh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #7
MYPHNOMPENH
MBRkhmer
 
MYPHNOMPENH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,041
Likes (Received): 7

If this kind of cable bridge build to connect P-penh>>Arey Khsat is very good so that Arey Khsat not really look far from P-penh any more, somemore at night time this bridge's light can make our city look mor beautiful...! But it's just my dreaming.
MYPHNOMPENH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #8
KlaKhmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 976
Likes (Received): 1

It's a beautiful bridge :-).
KlaKhmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #9
SeeMacau
Moderator
 
SeeMacau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 20,499
Likes (Received): 381

Impressive !!

How long is it? and how many lanes?
__________________
Experience luxury and excitement at its best in Asia - Macau Cotai Strip
Over 20 hotels under construction with more than 60,000 rooms, Shopping Centers, Entertainment Facilities and Casinos.
SeeMacau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #10
KoolKool
Naked dream :)
 
KoolKool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vũng Tàu - Biolab
Posts: 10,083
Likes (Received): 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadster93 View Post

Here is what it will look like:
look like My Thuan bridge - our oldest cable bridge

Quote:
It looks like Vietnam's Can Tho Bride.
Can Tho bridge is much more bigger, a "huge monters".
__________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/koolkool93lovet/

----1 thằng con trai để trở thành 1 người đàn ông là cả 1 quá tŕnh, không giống như bọn con gái trở thành đàn bà rất dễ----
KoolKool está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #11
AsianDragons
Oz-Asian
 
AsianDragons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,448
Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYPHNOMPENH View Post
If this kind of cable bridge build to connect P-penh>>Arey Khsat is very good so that Arey Khsat not really look far from P-penh any more, somemore at night time this bridge's light can make our city look mor beautiful...! But it's just my dreaming.
my dream too, too bad 7NG didn't build the bridge
__________________
Visit the Cambodia Forum

Visit the Laos Forum

Visit the Myanmar Forum
AsianDragons no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #12
MYPHNOMPENH
MBRkhmer
 
MYPHNOMPENH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,041
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianDragons View Post
my dream too, too bad 7NG didn't build the bridge
Maybe the bridge that suppose to build by 7NG is not look modern bridge..! Or it's just the same with (Chroy Chang Wa bridge) so that PM Hun Sen did not approved.

For me, I think p-penh should has one bridge call as p-penh cable bridge so at night time p-penh look more beautiful.

Nowaday I think only Arey Khsat that suppose to have this kind of cable bridge because it's will become p-penh's distric in year 2015 according to city hall project.
MYPHNOMPENH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #13
bokator
Registered User
 
bokator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 382
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekh View Post
It's 1.9km long.



I think it built by Japanese company, but i'm not sure.
I think it's built by Khmer, Oknah Ly YongPath, Cambodian senator.
bokator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:17 AM   #14
LuvKhm3r
Asian kid
 
LuvKhm3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Phnom Penh
Posts: 1,124
Likes (Received): 1

Wow, that's one beautiful bridge. When will it be completed?
__________________
Cambodia " Kingdom Of Wonder"
LuvKhm3r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #15
AsianDragons
Oz-Asian
 
AsianDragons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5,448
Likes (Received): 165

above it says 2015
__________________
Visit the Cambodia Forum

Visit the Laos Forum

Visit the Myanmar Forum
AsianDragons no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #16
sopheaktr
Registered User
 
sopheaktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangkok - Phnom Penh
Posts: 418
Likes (Received): 10

NEAK Loeung Bridge

I think we should create a thread for this project



__________________
๏ | www.sopheak.net | ๏
sopheaktr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #17
yangkhm
Registered User
 
yangkhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 67

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKool View Post
look like My Thuan bridge - our oldest cable bridge



Can Tho bridge is much more bigger, a "huge monters".
Every cable bridges are the new. Cable bridge is the most modern.
__________________
Peace in your mind, Peace in the world!
http://www.pelnee.blogspot.com

Romantic Music

thainguu liked this post
yangkhm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #18
yangkhm
Registered User
 
yangkhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 67

Anyone know how long is it?
__________________
Peace in your mind, Peace in the world!
http://www.pelnee.blogspot.com

Romantic Music
yangkhm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #19
kvaaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 894
Likes (Received): 7

I don't know the exact length, but PM Hun Sen said it would be over 2km.
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #20
sopheaktr
Registered User
 
sopheaktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangkok - Phnom Penh
Posts: 418
Likes (Received): 10

why in Phnom Penh?
__________________
๏ | www.sopheak.net | ๏
sopheaktr no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu