daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #1
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

THE TROIKA | Kuala Lumpur (KLCC)| Lord Norman Foster (Foster & Partners)| 204m, 177m & 160m | Completed (2010)

Bandar Raya talking with parties to acquire 200ha in Klang Valley

By NURYUSHIDA LAILY YUSOF

HIGH-end property developer Bandar Raya Developments Bhd (BRD) is talking to several parties to acquire up to 200ha in the Klang Valley, chairman Datuk Mohamed Moiz J.M. Ali Moiz said.

The new landbank will be used to develop mid- to high-end properties.

?We are definitely looking for more landbank of between 120ha and 200ha in the Klang Valley. We are discussing with a number of parties,? Mohamed Moiz told reporters after the firm?s annual general meeting in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

BRD currently has a landbank of 283ha. The group is well-known for its high-end property development projects in Bangsar, but it is now moving more into the Kuala Lumpur city centre.

One of its main projects downtown is the high-end residential- cum-commercial development on 0.8ha in Jalan Binjai, near Hotel Nikko, which will have a gross development value (GDV) of RM400 million over the next two years, Mohamed Moiz said.

BRD plans to launch the project in the last quarter of this year, along with another residential project near Mont Kiara that has a GDV of RM120 million for its first phase.

In addition, the group?s RM1 billion Capital Square mixed development in Kuala Lumpur is expected to be launched this August.

Elsewhere, it plans to launch shophouses in Permas Jaya, Johor, in the next few months.

The company will also start work on a joint property development project in Lahore, Pakistan, by the final quarter of this year, Mohamed Moiz said.

BRD chief executive officer Datuk Jagan Sabapathy said that the group is expecting equal contributions from its property and manufacturing arms this year.

For next year, however, the property division is expected to contribute 60 per cent towards the group?s profit.

Its manufacturing subsidiary Mieco Chipboard Bhd will have a higher production capacity of 940,000 cu m a year, from 300,000 cu m currently, upon completion of its new plant in Kuala Lipis, Pahang.

The RM300 million facility is expected to be ready by December and to be operational by January next year.

Last edited by TYW; February 15th, 2013 at 09:00 AM.
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 24th, 2004, 05:27 AM   #2
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 46

Hmm...still got empty slot ke alongside Jalan Binjai
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:50 AM   #3
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Jalan Binjai - the area around Lorong Kuda is it?
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:53 AM   #4
ZaHiRnYa???

nearby that area i assume since KLCC condominium is also known as "THE BINJAI"
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:00 AM   #5
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

So it's same road with PNB Darby Park..that area still got space...maybe the car park behind Menara PNB?

Or maybe they are going to demolish the bungalow beside Nikko?
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:04 AM   #6
ZaHiRnYa???

Isn't the carpark behind PNB already part of KLCC area

I think most probably the bungalow la.
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #7
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

If it's the bungalow, then it's damn good! Just beside the subway exit! And will provide a corner view of Jalan Ampang. 400million development is sure a rather tall one..probably 30+ storeys
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:17 AM   #8
ZaHiRnYa???

I thought there are people who still live in that bungalow...
Old June 24th, 2004, 03:17 PM   #9
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa???
I thought there are people who still live in that bungalow...

I dun think the bungalow owner would wanna move out lah........he's a prominent doctor I think

I think the site would be behind Singaporean High Commission

Or could be behing Lotus restaurant (the car park beside Menara Tabung Haji)........
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:31 AM   #10
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong
I dun think the bungalow owner would wanna move out lah........he's a prominent doctor I think
Well...if they paid him with a handsome amount of money, I do think he will move out as well.
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #11
weilene

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Well...if they paid him with a handsome amount of money, I do think he will move out as well.
Cool, handsome money comes first yeh!!
weilene no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:29 AM   #12
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Not really. Sometimes emotions and sentimental values runs deep. I do personally know people who own expensive land near KLCC whom we're offered millions but were turned down. Sometimes it is just not money that talks .....there are many reasons behind every decision made
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:02 PM   #13
Greg

Likes (Received): 33

Norman Foster designs new Jalan Binjai Condominium

http://www.star-space.com/stories/st...07/05/br050704 Bandar Raya recently launched the RM1.2bil CapSquare project, on a stretch bordered by Jalan Munshi Abdullah, Jalan Dang Wangi, and Jalan Ampang.

The CapSquare project is a mix of commercial, retail and residential properties anchored by a 300m retail boulevard. The concept was developed in collaboration with renowned retail consultant Sudhakar Thakurdesai, who had worked on projects like the Raffles City Shopping Centre in Singapore, Orlando Marriot World Trade Centre in Florida, and Darling Harbour in Sydney.

Another upmarket project to be launched this year is a condominium block in Jalan Binjai, Kuala Lumpur, where the concept and design is being handled by Lord Norman Foster, a famous British architect.

This is from The Edge Daily paper: This project will be big!!
Mohamed said besides the RM1.2 billion Capital Square, another major undertaking was a residential-cum-commercial development project with a gross development value (GDV) of RM400 million in Jalan Binjai, Kuala Lumpur.

He said the project would be launched in the fourth quarter. The company was “very excited” about the project, which is located a short distance away from KL City Centre’s Petronas twin towers, he added.

“We believe it will take the market by storm,” Mohamed said.

Last edited by Greg; July 6th, 2004 at 06:03 PM.
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #14
THT-United
APPLES + SCRAPERS

Likes (Received): 153

Wow, the guy who designed the amazing HSBC Building in Hongkong is designing something here in good ol' KayEll!

Wonder how will that condo look like, eh?

Btw, Norman has become a lord? Wah, and all this while i thought he was still a Sir...
THT-United no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2004, 05:32 AM   #15
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

WOW! Norman Foster??? I can't wait for the rendering! It would look either steely or glassy then. I would love other well known architects to participate around this area
Old July 11th, 2004, 03:36 PM   #16
Greg

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by baqthier
WOW! Norman Foster??? I can't wait for the rendering! It would look either steely or glassy then. I would love other well known architects to participate around this area

only now I see that this corresponds to your post about the RM400 mio project near Nikko Hotel. Only news is that Foster will be the architect.
me:
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 05:17 AM   #17
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

didn't u guys see the rendering in the newspapers??

it does look cool

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 05:36 AM   #18
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Post! Star Epaper got ar??
Old July 24th, 2004, 06:06 AM   #19
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by baqthier
Post! Star Epaper got ar??
here got lah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLié-SJ33

I think those blue-glass "lines" at the middle of both towers have to be glass elevators...

I passed by the construction site earlier this week and the towers have started to rise out from the hole... I also saw that the elevator cores are exposed ones... Should be for the glass elevators, then?

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 06:17 AM   #20
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

huh? That's it? But it mentioned only a block liao in the article..not two. And also they could have said it's a KLCC project.