daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 24th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #61
preme3000

Likes (Received): 944

originally posted by Sulybreks
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #62
preme3000

orinally posted by litho
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #63
preme3000

originally posted by Sulybreks
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:55 PM   #64
preme3000

I will update with more when time permits
Old April 24th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #65
preme3000

Can the mods remove post #46 wtf is that?
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #66
preme3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Apparently ZRE is still the official vehicle country code for the DRC.
Fair enough, I wonder why they haven't changed it? ZRE represents Zaire but the country's name was changed mid 90s.
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #67
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Benin still has DY = Dahomey, a name not used since 1975.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #68
preme3000

Kinshasa during storm

Old April 29th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #69
preme3000

originally posted by Pius
Quote:
Large boulevards have become the norm in Kin

Courtesy of Yves Kumwamba
Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:06 PM   #70
preme3000

Old December 11th, 2014, 04:23 AM   #71
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #72
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by preme3000 View Post
Can the mods remove post #46 wtf is that?
I really don't know why they should remove that. These pictures can be found on a blog of an estonian traveller. (Here in English: http://tarmo-rtw.blogspot.nl/2011/08...ngo-part1.html ).

They show what type of self-torture traveling over land roads in Congo is in reality. It may not be what you want to show the world about your country, but you can't hide the truth away from the world.

First build a national network of paved roads, then come back showing pictures of 2x4 local roads in your capital. Those are worth nothing, if you can't even conctruct simple paved roads on a national scale. Spend the money you get from the Chinese wise, and invest in a decent national road network, instead of in some useless oversized showcases in your capital city.

suvi genije liked this post
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #73
preme3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswnl View Post
I really don't know why they should remove that. These pictures can be found on a blog of an estonian traveller. (Here in English: http://tarmo-rtw.blogspot.nl/2011/08...ngo-part1.html ).

They show what type of self-torture traveling over land roads in Congo is in reality. It may not be what you want to show the world about your country, but you can't hide the truth away from the world.

First build a national network of paved roads, then come back showing pictures of 2x4 local roads in your capital. Those are worth nothing, if you can't even conctruct simple paved roads on a national scale. Spend the money you get from the Chinese wise, and invest in a decent national road network, instead of in some useless oversized showcases in your capital city.
stfu
Old December 13th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #74
De Klauw

Likes (Received): 2454

I agree with aswnl 100%. These topics should depict the reality, not only new projects. We've seen that main road in Kinshasa a million time by now.

suvi genije, aswnl, verreme liked this post

Last edited by De Klauw; December 13th, 2014 at 08:47 PM.
De Klauw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #75
preme3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Klauw View Post
I agree with aswnl 100%. These topics should depict the reality, not only new projects. We've seen that main road in Kinshasa a million time by now.
I disagree with aswnl and didn't appreciate the undertone of his post so I've pm'ed him so that it can be discussed separately.

The country is unfortunately held hostage by an illegitimate government and president with low IQ to say the least hence the reason why there's nothing going on in terms of road development or any development of substance for that matter. There has been some bits of road developments in the Katanga province but that is a drop in the ocean and the level of the completed works are still pretty substandard in my book.

As for post #46, who classes that as a road or infrastructure of any type? It doesn't belong in a thread that's intended to show pockets of whatever little road infrastructure there is; and for the record there has been no sugar coating from my end as I've called it as it is many times in this very thread;

Quote:
Road infrastructure in the DRC is basically non existant, transportation of goods in done mainly by the congo river, air travel and an incomplete rail system. It can takes months to move goods across 1 000 km in the same country.

We are building from scratch, there is no government money, the challenges are huge. Here is an example of the types of joint projects with the chinese is going. This bridge has actually now opened, I can't locate new pictures of it but this is the construction stage.
Quote:
Maluku is an area in Kinshasa, in the Tshangu District.

Northern Congo won't be seeing any paved roads anytime soon, the government don't think - the leadership very reckless and ignorant. The only way I can see roads being built there in the next decade is if oil is discovered and they need export routes. Sad reality.
Quote:
The basic transportation network, as you can see, we are basically starting from scratch as far as all weather roads

[IMG]http://www.bbc.

Last edited by preme3000; December 13th, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #76
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

The mudbath in the post Preme 3000 is asking to remove because it may not be appropriate to show doesn't just happen in countries that don't have a good national transport infrastructure. We all know that's exactly how Russia's transsiberia highway looked like before 2005 or sometime around that every spring. The same thing happens to Canadian roads in NWT every spring or roads in Nord du Quebec. It's a normal problem occuring in unpaved roads in areas where there's a huge discharge of water. Presenting them might remind governments of the need of paving the road, wherever it is.

aswnl liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #77
aswnl

Quote:
I disagree with aswnl and didn't appreciate the undertone of his post so I've pm'ed him so that it can be discussed separately.

The country is unfortunately held hostage by an illegitimate government and president with low IQ to say the least hence the reason why there's nothing going on in terms of road development or any development of substance for that matter. There has been some bits of road developments in the Katanga province but that is a drop in the ocean and the level of the completed works are still pretty substandard in my book.

As for post #46, who classes that as a road or infrastructure of any type? It doesn't belong in a thread that's intended to show pockets of whatever little road infrastructure there is; and for the record there has been no sugar coating from my end as I've called it as it is many times in this very thread;
I don't need a separate personal discussion. Point is that you try to make an image of a country with modern roads, while in fact the situation is absolutely different, and YOU demand a post showing that to be removed. A very normal and on-topic post, infact. Because this thread handles road infrastructure of DRC in general - and that includes non-paved roads. Which road infrastructure can resemble more a mudpool than a road...

Your demand smells like a desire to censor on-topic content you dislike...

Kanadzie liked this post
Old December 14th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #78
preme3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswnl View Post
I don't need a separate personal discussion. Point is that you try to make an image of a country with modern roads, while in fact the situation is absolutely different, and YOU demand a post showing that to be removed. A very normal and on-topic post, infact. Because this thread handles road infrastructure of DRC in general - and that includes non-paved roads. Which road infrastructure can resemble more a mudpool than a road...

Your demand smells like a desire to censor on-topic content you dislike...
If you can be bothered to read, from Page 1 to my last comment (I even made it easier by assembling the quotes) then you will clearly see that at no point have I tried to paint any pictures - I call the situation as it is so I hardly call that trying to "sensor", for my response on post #46, read my previous comment. Just to entertain the "on topic" questions, let's start by getting some clarifications.

Quote:
To whom is the you stated above referring to and which Chinese money are you referring to? What evidence or studies have you concluded which enabled you to come to the conclusion that those boulevards in Kinshasa are useless and oversized? Last question, why is it ok to post "mudpool" but not newly built modern roads in Kinshasa, does it not fit your agenda?

Last edited by preme3000; December 14th, 2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old December 14th, 2014, 04:17 AM   #79
preme3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFZANMNIM View Post
The mudbath in the post Preme 3000 is asking to remove because it may not be appropriate to show doesn't just happen in countries that don't have a good national transport infrastructure. We all know that's exactly how Russia's transsiberia highway looked like before 2005 or sometime around that every spring. The same thing happens to Canadian roads in NWT every spring or roads in Nord du Quebec. It's a normal problem occuring in unpaved roads in areas where there's a huge discharge of water. Presenting them might remind governments of the need of paving the road, wherever it is.
I can respect a measured post such as this without anything to say as it gives me a different outlook on the situation and I can respect your opinion for doing so.

What I won't tolerate is uneducated criticism from people who, to me at least, appear to have a superiority complex, which I believe appears to be the case with that other user.

NFZANMNIM liked this post
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:50 PM   #80
aswnl

I'm not the one constantly posting tons of pics of some oversized capital-city-roads in a country lacking roads.
I'm not the one demanding posts showing a different view on the subject have to be censored.
But I'm the one to criticize on your latter behaviour, because YOUR demand wasn't quite normal. Apparently you can't take criticism very well. You simply "won't tolerate" it...

What does someone do who cannot argue on content ? He's playing on the person. Well, preme3000, you've shown your real face now. Thanks for sharing...

Tags
congo, highways, roads