daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Queensland

Queensland Brisbane

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 17th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #321
opinions are my own

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulvisionQ1 View Post
I can tell you, being a canary in the coal mine the market is heating up, since March this year demand has picked up considerably. Next year will be a cracker year.
i think you have your analogies mixed up mate. canaries die when things are bad for miners. they don't do anything different (except not die!) when things are good for miners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisbaneROCKS View Post
Going by the pedantic landscaping and display center they are not in any way in a rush with this one. I can't see anything happening until Qtr 3/4 2015
i wouldn't take that as a sign. i reckon it just means sunland is focused on getting the small details right. the real decision makers in these apartment sales will be women, and women sweat over the small things!!

Samuel77 liked this post
38921111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 17th, 2013, 05:18 AM   #322
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38921111 View Post
i think you have your analogies mixed up mate. canaries die when things are bad for miners. they don't do anything different (except not die!) when things are good for miners.
Well we're not dead... alive and kicking, so that's the good thing. I don't see how that analogy couldn't work lol.
SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 05:02 AM   #323
PeterJackson

Likes (Received): 1819

Abian launching will be on 3/4/2014 according to http://sunlandgroup.com.au/abian-brisbane/

SoulvisionQ1, nathandavid88 liked this post
PeterJackson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 08:14 AM   #324
finn

Likes (Received): 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJackson View Post
Abian launching will be on 3/4/2014 according to http://sunlandgroup.com.au/abian-brisbane/
Love the background image on the registration page:

Leesome, bribri, bizen, Omnom, exocet and 6 others liked this post
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:46 PM   #325
gerryt1

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJackson View Post
How in the hell did you manage to read those count down days?
gerryt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:59 PM   #326
edthecow

Likes (Received): 35

[QUOTE=finn;110991580]Love the background image on the registration page:

Funny to see they didn't also airbrush out Waterfront and Riparian like they did to 111, Aurora, Soleil.
edthecow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:03 PM   #327
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 985

...and the whole of Kangaroo Point!
"Traditionally what has hurt people has not been rising interest rates but rising unemployment. I don't care what rate you're paying, if you have a mortgage five times your income and you lose your job, you're toast."

Gerard Minack, chief economist at Morgan Stanley.
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #328
PeterJackson

Likes (Received): 1819

strong interest in Abian
The Australian 6/2/2014
Quote:
Wealthy investors sign up to Sunland's Abian Tower project
GOLD Coast-based developer Sunland has taken 100 holding deposits for its luxury Brisbane CBD apartment project, targeting wealthy downsizers and retiring baby boomers.

The developer will formally launch the 147-unit Abian Tower overlooking the Botanic Gardens later this month, but has already marketed the apartments to its well-heeled client database.

Sunland managing director Sahba Abedian said the 40-storey project with an end value of $235 million was the company's first major high-rise project in Brisbane.

Mr Abedian said the number of $5000 holding deposits taken spoke to the strength of Brisbane's luxury housing market.

"The apartments cater for owner-occupiers moving from the suburban market, the executive market and baby-boomer retiree market," Mr Abedian told The Australian.

The project's two-bedroom apartments are priced at just under $1m, three bedrooms just under $1.4m, the 220sq m sky homes at just below $2.5m and 350sq m sub-penthouses at more than $3m.

Abian, which is being marketed by Colliers International residential director Andrew Roubicek, will include a 24-hour concierge and two levels of services such as an executive lounge, business centre, treatment rooms and a gym.

The curved building, designed by Wood Marsh Architects, will will be encased within a pewter glass wall with a subtle gold tint.

Mr Abedian said the luxury tower would take about three years to complete with buyers expected to move in in late 2017.

Sunland, which last year spent $100m on sites including Brisbane's ABC studios, would focus on Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne, Mr Abedian said.

It had a land bank of 5000 apartments, land and house lots which in five to 10 years would have a $2.7 billion end value, he said.

Sunland expects to submit plans to council on its Mariners Cove site on the Gold Coast within six months, but a proposal may depend on the Queensland government-owned land next door.

Sunland, which reports its first-half profit later this month, has forecast net earnings for the 2014 financial year of about $12m, after recording a net profit of $13.6m for 2012-13.

In December, it was ordered to pay costs of $6.82 million to two Australian property executives, Angus Reed and Matthew Joyce, by the Supreme Court of Victoria.

The court earlier rejected Sunland's claim that the pair had duped the company during a property deal in Dubai.

The total costs exceed the $5.74m Sunland set aside in trust to cover legal expenses.

gerryt1, KJBrissy, nathandavid88, lilyqld liked this post
PeterJackson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:11 AM   #329
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 853

Quote:
The curved building, designed by Wood Marsh Architects, will will be encased within a pewter glass wall with a subtle gold tint.
Can't wait to see this! Something different for Brisbane. Great news about the interest in the building.
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #330
opinions are my own

Likes (Received): 96

"The developer will formally launch the 147-unit Abian Tower overlooking the Botanic Gardens later this month"

the clock on their website must be slow.
38921111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:19 AM   #331
gerryt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38921111 View Post
"The developer will formally launch the 147-unit Abian Tower overlooking the Botanic Gardens later this month"

the clock on their website must be slow.
I still can't find that f......clock. Sure your not imagining it?

Forgive me for doubting you.

Just found it. I was using an old tab. Still can't read it all though.

Last edited by gerryt1; February 6th, 2014 at 02:25 AM.
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:56 AM   #332
gerryt1

I know it's on here somewhere but how many apartments do they have now that they have knocked off 4 levels?
Old February 6th, 2014, 03:01 AM   #333
Leesome

Likes (Received): 701

According to the article, 147. But I don't know if they're working off old info...?

gerryt1 liked this post
Leesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #334
gerryt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesome View Post
According to the article, 147. But I don't know if they're working off old info...?
Sorry, I feel a bit foolish. I totally skipped over that. At the rate they're supposed to be selling/holding makes it seem a bit silly for them to have gone to so much trouble building such a glamourous sales office.
Old February 6th, 2014, 05:00 AM   #335
finn

Likes (Received): 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryt1 View Post
Sorry, I feel a bit foolish. I totally skipped over that. At the rate they're supposed to be selling/holding makes it seem a bit silly for them to have gone to so much trouble building such a glamourous sales office.
It also makes me wonder whether they should have bothered getting the DA for a smaller/shorter building, if they've got enough demand to sell more.
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 05:53 AM   #336
gerryt1

Let's hope they put in a new DA but I don't want this one to be held up. Start building first.
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #337
BrisbaneROCKS

Likes (Received): 41

Fingers crossed the circa 150/160m version gets up. That design at that height will be a great first impression of the skyline from the Motorway to the south.
BrisbaneROCKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:17 AM   #338
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 2303

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
It also makes me wonder whether they should have bothered getting the DA for a smaller/shorter building, if they've got enough demand to sell more.
It might not just be the sales potential behind the smaller version. Maybe the higher exclusivity resulting from having less apartments available meant that Sunland were not just able to match demand but were able to command a higher premium on the apartments too?
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:41 AM   #339
lilyqld

Likes (Received): 34

I got my hands on their brochure... It looks like an amazing project and the marketing material is high grade - very impressive and something Brisbane's CBD is yet see!
lilyqld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #340
lilyqld

Likes (Received): 34

I was also told they direct marketed all the doctors, surgeons, solicitors etc... Who work in the city and that's how they achieved so many sales
lilyqld no está en línea   Reply With Quote