daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #1
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Road number mistakes

This thread has an only purpose: To show number mistakes regardless they are on maps or they are signed.

Let's start with some:

On N-240 near Siétamo (East of Huesca) there's a sign indicating the exit to A-1218, but it's signed as a regional road (Which is signed in orange) instead of a secondary road (which is signed in green).
On the entrance to A-23 South of Nueno (North of Huesca) they signed E70 instead of E07.

On almost ALL maps (Only the Aragonese road map I have show the actual situation) the A-124 runs on a local road or on a non-existent one, while the actual A-124 is shown as A-1103.
On the official Spanish road map near the tripoint Rioja-Navarre-Aragon they mislabelled N-122 as N-112.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #2
LTomi

Likes (Received): 0

In Cyprus, everything on traffic signs are written with both Greek and Latin letters. When I was in Cyprus I saw a traffic sign where they forgot to start the city names with uppercase Latin letters, it was looking very ugly.

PS: Not a number mistake, but it worths sharing. :P
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #3
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

my favourite is in Italy, A1-A30 intersection. although A2 in Italy existed, today it is at least weird an funny to see a sign for it. link

from the others I know only for Croatia. there were some mistakes, for instance indicating A9 instead of A8, A1 instead of A4, A2 instead of A3, but most of them were fixed.

in my city there is a mistake indicating one city in totaly wrong direction (you can reach it, but you make 60% longer trip).it wouldn't be weird, but it isnot on just one sign, it is indicated on many of them on renewd section of D28. where renewed section ends, that city dissapears from destinations

Last edited by x-type; July 9th, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #4
CNGL
Leudimin

Another mistake I found (using Google Street View): exiting N-232 towards A-231 in Teruel province (which of course exists), just before a roundabout there's a sign indicating A-321 instead of A-231.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #5
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Pics or it didn't happen
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

Found it.

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #7
CNGL
Leudimin

Yep, I put the link on the regional road thread (Of course, with the .es extension ).
Chris, and in the Netherlands you are perfect? Or there's any mistake?
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #8
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

The Netherlands are full of mistakes on signage (especially roadnumbers)

One of the Dutch wegenforummembers, Harry, collects them (see http://wegnummers.autosnelwegen.nl/w...egweizer1.html - in Dutch only).

Some examples:

"305" in stead of "N305"

To the right is N313, not N318

N348 should be N384

A270 should be white-on-red (not red-on-white)

Forgotten numbers are countless (even spelling mistakes on roadsigns).
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #9
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
On N-240 near Siétamo (East of Huesca) there's a sign indicating the exit to A-1218, but it's signed as a regional road (Which is signed in orange) instead of a secondary road (which is signed in green).
Here is it. Google maps is plenty of mistakes in Spain: A-1218 and A-1219 are on the same road when it is only A-1218 (A-1219 no longer exists), A-131 appears in green instead of orange, etc.
The main inspiration for this thread were the lots of threads with plenty of American shield mistakes. Someone said that he saw US 66 in Connecticut! (They missigned CT 66, of course). And the I-152 that was in California's central valley around 2000 is also weird (There isn't any I-52, that is CA 152. But I-238 exists, and I-38 not . At first I thought it was I-2380!)
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #10
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

In Iran in Abadeh Shiraz Exp. The Road is 65 but it's showed 55.
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #11
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Not a road number, but exit number.

This is a video still of the N2 local lanes around Eindhoven (technically part of the 10 lane Eindhoven bypass). It shows Waalre as exit 32, but it is exit 33.
image hosted on flickr
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:35 PM   #12
piotr71

We are in the place where the red mark is.

Several years ago( I think 7) international road E462, connecting Cieszyn with Krakow in Polish part, went through this small town Kety. Since then its track has been moved about 40 kilometres up North, as you can see on the attached map.
In Kety, they still have prestigious, international road.

Last edited by piotr71; September 23rd, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #13
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

E number false, E-shield in red...

Just a few days later the shield had been corrected: E34 in a green shield.
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #14
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Not a road number, but exit number.

This is a video still of the N2 local lanes around Eindhoven (technically part of the 10 lane Eindhoven bypass). It shows Waalre as exit 32, but it is exit 33.
image hosted on flickr
I remember seeing the exit for Huesca centro on A-23 signed as 557 instead of 571. At first was fixed, then was renumbered and it's now exit 360.