SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Has anyone else heard...?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  TampaMike 
#1 ·
I was talking with some Students from USF at work the other day and they were trying to tell me that USF bought up the university mall and that eventually they want to build a stadium for the bulls there.

Sounded intriguing but I can't find any info to back it up.

#2 ·
That would be the kind of huge real estate acquisition that would scream for a press conference (not just a release). So I doubt it highly. USF is too big and too important to try to get sneaky, and there really is no reason to get sneaky. Genshaft would be screaming it in front of every camera she could get in front of. Sounds like they are still smoking quality weed on campus.

#7 ·
That's a lot of land though for a stadium and parking. And even being so close to the USF area, it's still pretty seperated from the whole school. And it's pretty far from the rest of the sport facilities. Even though it's closer than Raymond James Stadium. lol

I would like the idea of a closer stadium for the Bulls to play at and I can guess the businesses and hotels near there would like the idea too, but I don't know about that area. Maybe if the school bought the whole lot there, including the shops and retailers, then I could probably back such a plan. Because the school could add some other sport facilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.