daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #101
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Likes (Received): 1313

WASHINGTON, D.C.
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY

(continued from previous page)

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam
shyaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:48 AM   #102
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #103
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

shyaman's travels
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #104
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

shyaman's travels
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #105
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

shyaman's travels
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #106
VelesHomais

Likes (Received): 5031

Superb thread, mate! Makes me want to revisit Washington, what a city...
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #107
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

You're right. Washington, D.C. is really awesome.
I thought it's a boring city but not at all.
But I guess it depends on what you look for in a city.

shyaman's travels
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:57 AM   #108
VelesHomais

Architecture and museums are unparalleled
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:16 AM   #109
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

We share the same sentiments.

shyaman's travels
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #110
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyaman View Post
You're right. Washington, D.C. is really awesome.
I thought it's a boring city but not at all.
But I guess it depends on what you look for in a city.
DC is really beautiful. It's one of the best cities in the US and in the world. Obviously, it's not as good as Paris or London, but it's as good as great cities like Madrid and Vienna.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #111
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Haven't been to London, Paris, Madrid and Vienna yet.
I can probably make a comparison next year.

shyaman's travels
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:23 AM   #112
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 12284

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Obviously, it's not as good as Paris or London, but it's as good as great cities like Madrid and Vienna.
I don't see the point of that type of rapid generalization of cities. All cities are different and have different advantages and disadvantages.
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #113
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Right on!

shyaman's travels
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #114
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taller, Better View Post
I don't see the point of that type of rapid generalization of cities. All cities are different and have different advantages and disadvantages.
The cities that I mentioned are all capitals, like DC. However, unlike DC, London and Paris are also the main city in their respective nations. In many countries, however, the political capital is not the main city (e.g., US, Canada, Brazil, Australia, etc.). Thus, while DC is not on par with London and Paris, it's still one of the world's best cities in my view.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #115
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

WASHINGTON, D.C.
THOMAS JEFFERSON MEMORIAL

shyaman's travels
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #116
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

shyaman's travels
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:04 AM   #117
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

shyaman's travels
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #118
VelesHomais

Some of the best monuments in the world are concentrated in this city
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #119
OakRidge

Likes (Received): 1462

It is hard to believe that many people were actually angry at how the Jefferson Memorial turned out. They felt the styling antiquated while I see it as timeless beauty.
in darkness." - Confessions (Book IV), Augustine of Hippo

"Laws are made for these reasons: that human wickedness
may be restrained through fear of their execution; that the
lives of innocent men may be safe among criminals; and
that the temptation to commit wrong may be restrained by
the fear of punishment." - The Visigothic Code (Book I, Title II, Part V)
OakRidge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #120
VelesHomais

I agree. There's eternally beautiful architecture which, with time, always outshines every modern attempt at creating something exceptional. Today, everything that was thought of as progressively modern, in the 1960's and 1970's is considered to be ugly. The same will probably be true in a few decades about the minimalist architecture we adore today.