daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #21
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

Yeah it depends on the Location. A ticket to the Final costs 300-450USD but you can get into other matches for liek 50c in some cases or $5 at the most.

Ducking over to New Zealand for later on this year as well for the Rugby World Cup hahhhahahah. Will have a few years break though after that until the Euros or next world cup.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #22
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

Also I don't think the 50 over game will die. The World Cup in terms of sponsorship and TV Audiences shits all over twenty20 as what happened with the twenty20 cup in Barbados this year.

I still think India is more into 50 over cricket. If you exclude the IPL which is more associated with Bollywood anyway international twenty20 doesn't even rate a mention when the Indian team play. They are mental over 1 day cricket and rarely ever turn up to tests.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #23
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
Also I don't think the 50 over game will die. The World Cup in terms of sponsorship and TV Audiences shits all over twenty20 as what happened with the twenty20 cup in Barbados this year.

I still think India is more into 50 over cricket. If you exclude the IPL which is more associated with Bollywood anyway international twenty20 doesn't even rate a mention when the Indian team play. They are mental over 1 day cricket and rarely ever turn up to tests.
give it time

in Australia our domestic 50 over comp have been replaced by two innings of 20 and 25 overs. also all attention for the T20 comp was much higher in 2009/10 than 08/09

I hate T20 and everything it stands for, but its the way the market is moving
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #24
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

New/Refurbished Indian Stadia for 2011 WC

Chennai MA Chimdambaram Stadium
Capacity: 46,000
For WC: 48,000
Cost: Rs. 165Cr(USD 38 Million app.)
Courtesy: Hopkins
antriksh_sfo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #25
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

New/refurbished Indian Stadia for World Cup

Chennai: M A Chidambaram Stadium
Capacity: 46,000 For World Cup 2011: 48,000
Hosting: League Games
Cost: Rs. 160 Cr (App USD 37 Million)
Date of Completion: Jan 2011 for WC & Complete Faccility By: Dec 2012
Design By: Hopkins
Pic Courtesy: Hopkins

Mumbai: Wankhede Stadium
Capacity: 39,000 For World Cup 2011: 43,000
Hosting: League Games & Final
Cost: Rs. 240 Cr (App USD 54 Million)
Date of Completion: Jan 2011
Design By: Shashi Prabhu Associates
Pic Courtesy: Shashi Prabhu Associates

Kolkata: Eden gardens Stadium
Capacity: 70,000 For World Cup 2011: 78,000
Cost: Rs. 140 Cr (App USD 32 Million)
Date of Completion: Jan 2011 for WC & Complete Facility By: Jan 2013
Design By: Burt Hill
Pic Courtesy: Burt Hill

Nagpur: New VCA Stadium, Wardha
Capacity: 46,000 For World Cup 2011: 46,000
Cost: Rs. 120 Cr (App USD 27 Million)
Date of Completion: Nov 2008

Total Cost : USD 150 Million
Funding : BCCI/MCA/VCA/TNSCA/CAB
Compare these with 2007 WC Stadia or the ones propsed for 2015 WC Stadia Oz/NZ.

Last edited by antriksh_sfo; September 5th, 2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #26
Subho

Likes (Received): 0

I think the capacity of Eden Gardens will be 82000 when the renovations are complete......that's the official figure......
Subho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #27
T74

Does Australia have to send a team? Our selectors will just pick spuds like Hauritz who chucks more pies than an angry pie chucker at the annual pie chucking championship

better to not waste everyones time and just give our opponents the win up front

people should not be forced to watch players like North or Hauritz
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #28
ANANDPAZARE

Nagpur: New VCA Stadium, Wardha
Capacity: 46,000 For World Cup 2011: 46,000
Cost: Rs. 120 Cr (App USD 27 Million)
Date of Completion: Nov 2008

Total Cost : USD 150 Million
Funding : BCCI/MCA/VCA/TNSCA/CAB
Compare these with 2007 WC Stadia or the ones propsed for 2015 WC Stadia Oz/NZ.[/QUOTE]
the stadium is not in not in wardha, its located on nagpur-wardha road.
ANANDPAZARE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #29
aoc1117

moncler Create a plush body, there is no doubt a stsylish selection of women's Moncler tight schedule. In addition to vacation this winter, especially in the popular style, such as Lotus, a narrowing of the number. Downstairs, a mixture of lighter and pen of his moncler jacket in the same room Summer Long. gnshvnfyrwc
Moncler Vest
Very nice, and then Martin boots with a pair of wool shorts, moncler jackets, released a friend to see Moncler winter. However, to make warming, MM, pantyhose, stockings, and a couple of hot sets. Lang stressed that the approach may change from the style of the jacket, it is not easy to be bloated. With jeans and high heels, boots, spare some time to develop sports, youth image.
NFL jerseys
MM's dressed in colors that can be equated to ignore this problem, a modified pencil pants, taking a couple of feet of snow shoes to add games, consistent, prominent, slender legs Moncler jacket for women of good lines in Fig. These days, many beautiful rural MM you're very excited about the cold increased in a jacket, it seems very difficult. In fact, choosing the right style, the same shiny Moncler Badia, respectively.ugg boots on sale
aoc1117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #30
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subho View Post
I think the capacity of Eden Gardens will be 82000 when the renovations are complete......that's the official figure......
You can think whatever you want.
But the fact is 70,000 after the post WC renovations, that too by having II tier on the current single tier stands, otherwise 65,000.
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #31
Subho

Quote:
You can think whatever you want.
But the fact is 70,000 after the post WC renovations, that too by having II tier on the current single tier stands, otherwise 65,000.
sorry mate, I can't agree.....I went to the Eden Gardens just today to watch the Bengal-Assam match and the workers there told me that it would be around 73,000 .......and the renovation is almost on the verge of completion
Old November 18th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #32
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subho View Post
sorry mate, I can't agree.....I went to the Eden Gardens just today to watch the Bengal-Assam match and the workers there told me that it would be around 73,000 .......and the renovation is almost on the verge of completion
U believe the workers, the same ones who reported during CWG to Media that "Saab hum abhi bhi kaam kar rahein hain...., chat ka kaam chal raha hain...."
Upto you how you accept the truth.

But sad that you did not get even a single pic of renovation though you had been there. Or did u ever go there? Since the pic u posted above was outrageously an old render oft repeated in this thread which everyone ignored despite being a mundance rehash.
Old November 19th, 2010, 04:26 AM   #33
Subho

I'm very sorry mate, neither I own a digital camera nor do I have a scanner......my bad luck that I can't prove I went to the Eden Gardens.......and mate this is Eden Gardens located in Kolkata......not a CWG like sub-standard stadium.....so please, it is my request to have some respect for the stadium......it was built way back in 1865, and not a newly built stadium....so please stop comparing this stadium with the newly ones built for CWG in Delhi.....please....
Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:42 AM   #34
bhupenparikh

Likes (Received): 15

New indian stadium ,not sure what they can offer..

the Pic of Delhi FC and Mohali sucks,
chennai have lot of open space that will seems to me give lot of movement to the bowlers i dont know why the desinged like this ,

Nagpur seems to me exact copy of SVP ahmedabad ,they should have designed differently,

kolkota and mumbai wankhede , not sure what will look like after completion.

bangalore same old stadium ,doesnt looks to me for 2011.

Hyderabad not included ,its bit surprise and feel sorry for the andhraties.

SVP looks convinceing with 50000 capacity ,other has reduce capacity after renewal , kolkot bit surprise went down to 75 00 odd.

need one like MSG australia for world cup final that can host 1 lac people.

what BCI doing for that?
bhupenparikh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #35
Subho

I visited the stadium at Bangalore for the India-New Zealand tie.......the facilities are good and according to me, it has no problem in hosting any matches there......as far as eden gardens is concerned.....ICC Officials are visiting tomorrow.....
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #36
roninja1999

Likes (Received): 6

Bangalore still looks a bit old and shabby, but has a great atmosphere, and all credit to te folks in Bangalore who turn up for the Tests in equal numbers to the ODI's.
roninja1999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #37
Kuwaiti

Last edited by Kuwaiti; May 28th, 2015 at 06:50 PM.
Kuwaiti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #38
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

ICC highlights World Cup venue chaos concerns . . .
Time for transparency

December 19, 2010, 9:08 pm

There is a lot of tip-toeing and whispering going on over a variety of issues in Maitland Place these days, Yahaluweni.

Ah yes, the enclave of the government appointed Interim Committee, aka Sri Lanka Cricket, and its off-spring, known as the organising secretariat for the World Cup 2011, are not so much worried about treading on broken eggshells; more like broken promises.

It has been written so often in these files how the three World Cup venues for the 2011 extravaganza are way behind schedule on delivery, that it is almost a cliché. Now there are serious concerns which many seem to be trying to hide behind political rhetoric.

All this fails to ignore how the International Cricket Council’s inspection team have heavily criticised not only the refurbishing taking place in India at two venues, Eden Gardens and where the event’s final is to take place, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Partly hidden in the report released, like Wikileaks, to certain media, is heavy criticism of Sri Lanka’s three venues for the event.

What has long been a major problem in subcontinent sports administration is how those involved fail to understand something as simple as the concept of meeting a deadline. The question that should be asked and this is telling the political ‘bada’ not to get involved in matters they fail to understand, is how this was allowed to happen. A deadline is a deadline and those responsible are trying to duck such issues.

Now it is being suggested in India that two of Sri Lanka’s three troubled venues will face similar criticism and there is the possibility the Hambantota venue is so far behind that it needs another four months to be ready. Of course officials will deny all the comments and the reports on websites and in newspapers.

Professor Eugene van Vurren, an internationally respected South African architect, and the ICC’s stadium consultant, designed and built the famed Centurion Test venue, now known as SuperSport Park, in 1986. The venue took 10 months to build on a plot of land on the banks on the Hennops River.

It was a venue that won an international design for Professor van Vurren, who in his student days at Pretoria University was a fair top order batsman as well as a change bowler. He was the ICC consultant in 2003 (South Africa) and 2007 (the Caribbean).

This explains how well he knows his job and the requirements needed for the building of stadiums. It is his design on which Pallekele is based and why it has excited those of us who have seen it; a venue of great value in the central island.

This being the case, the question is: why then has it taken more than a year to build the venue at Hambantota to host two games? There are some reasons, the isolated area is one where building materials need to be shipped in. This, however, fails to excuse how it has taken so long to get it ready.

Already, it has been confirmed that the ICC are looking at back up venues if Hambantota is not ready, with Dambulla being one. Why such a state of affairs has been allowed to happen is disturbing enough. What is even more worrying is why there seems to be no accountability or transparency over this issue. As written last week, it gives an overlaid third world image.

What is also worrying, is what has happened to the reports on the Sri Lanka venues when Clive Lloyd led the inspection team that went on to India. What has been pointed out and there needs to be some cognizance of such an issue as this one. Already the ICC has pointed out in their report certain facts which seem to have been overlooked by far too many involved in a wild scramble to deny the comments.

Remarks saying that other than the building of the venue, there are a number of other areas at the grounds that need to be completed before any of the games for the event can be played. One is landscaping and the required beautification of the venues; another is the interior finishing and furnishing; a third is installation of efficient entry gates along with certification by local authorities, along with the provisional infrastructure mechanism to house the World Cup organisers and ICC officials involved in the running of the game.

The venue inspection team head has expressed how the ICC team is dissatisfied over at preparedness of the three Sri Lankan stadiums to be used for the event: Khettarama, Colombo, Hambantota and Pallekele in Kandy. What has disconcerted the ICC inspection has been the almost easygoing way the issue has been tackled by those in charge.

The website cricketnext.com said in a report that also appeared in Indian Express and Deccan Herald, that the interim report ends with the worrying comment, "It will be necessary to re-inspect the venues and take a decision on the viability of staging the World Cup matches as currently scheduled."

No doubt the local ICC organising secretariat guys will issue suggestions how the reports are misleading and that the venues will be delivered on time, mid-January. This is not the point of the issue. What is taking place should never have been allowed to happen in the first place and where SLC need to explain such failures.
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM   #39
mihir1310
No frills attached.

Likes (Received): 990

Wankhede Stadium ,cc Jigar Mehta
...my friend, Its from his FB

Please visit my photo collection:
Boston, New York, Pittsburgh and Puerto Rico
Mihir1310's Photography
mihir1310 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM   #40