daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2011, 03:23 PM   #81
CharlieP
Tax avoider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 23,754
Likes (Received): 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
4000 tickets to the event will go on sale to the general public of about 1 million people.
Um....?
__________________
This signature is socialist and un-American.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:43 AM   #82
fifa2014bra
Registered User
 
fifa2014bra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 40
Likes (Received): 0

Watch ICC 2011 Cricket world Cup Live Here

Watch ICC 2011 Cricket world Cup Live Here
fifa2014bra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #83
Jim856796
Registered User
 
Jim856796's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Citizen of the World
Posts: 8,943
Likes (Received): 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
Ok more shocking news for India overnight.

Apparently for the biggest sporting event of 2011 apparently the capacity will be reduced from 45 to 33k. Parts of the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai won't be ready on time officials have apparently conceded.

4000 tickets to the event will go on sale to the general public of about 1 million people.

I'm feel sorry for Indians.
Construction crews in India can't even build structures fast enough to meet a proposed deadline.
__________________
I honestly think all development projects must be sustainable and futureproof.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #84
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!
 
Master of Disguise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,502
Likes (Received): 459

Wow, you guys love to make up stories..Wankhede is ready for action...Capacity reduce is due to addition of bucket seat and not that part wont be ready...I wonder from where you guys get these info....


This is same as western media did with CWG 2010.....you guys made so much buzz outa nothing..bad habit change it...
__________________
A PROUD INDIAN


iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #85
crazyalex
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 244
Likes (Received): 19

British tabloid media love make up bullshit story

it's sad tabloid media pretty popular in UK
crazyalex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #86
Weebie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 227
Likes (Received): 5

A bridge collapsed the CWG was not regarded as a success. They were a failure.

33,000 seats for a stadium originally supposed to hold 45,000.

Pathetic.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #87
ArnageWRC
Sports fan
 
ArnageWRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Likes (Received): 2

Why are they not holding it in the biggest possible available stadium? Absolutely ridiculous - why does cricket continually shoot itself in the foot? And attract administrators who are generally clueless?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DY_Patil_Stadium

What is wrong with this? 60,000 capacity, modern, fantastic facilities??
ArnageWRC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 03:23 AM   #88
Weebie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 227
Likes (Received): 5

The BCCI is headquartered in Mumbai. As mentioned so is the ICC President.

Madness.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #89
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
Wow, you guys love to make up stories..Wankhede is ready for action...Capacity reduce is due to addition of bucket seat and not that part wont be ready...I wonder from where you guys get these info....


This is same as western media did with CWG 2010.....you guys made so much buzz outa nothing..bad habit change it...
Can't speak for other countries, but these issues are not even rating a mention in the media here. We are more on the lame effort of England against Ireland, and Hussey being sent over instead of a bloody bowler.
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #90
ArnageWRC
Sports fan
 
ArnageWRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 33
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
The BCCI is headquartered in Mumbai. As mentioned so is the ICC President.

Madness.
Hmm, as I though - petty, and 'small time'. Cricket will never expand and become a true world game with people like that in charge. Self interest is hurtng the game.
ArnageWRC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #91
OldKool
Muaah!
 
OldKool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lucknow, Hong Kong
Posts: 1,120
Likes (Received): 1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Hmm, as I though - petty, and 'small time'. Cricket will never expand and become a true world game with people like that in charge. Self interest is hurtng the game.
1/3 rd of world's population loves it ....china too is making up a cricket team...new teams like netherlands and ireland are rocking the charts...so its gonna get ahead!!
OldKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #92
ashindia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: HYD
Posts: 76
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldKool View Post
1/3 rd of world's population loves it ....china too is making up a cricket team...new teams like netherlands and ireland are rocking the charts...so its gonna get ahead!!
Haha dream on.

Cricket is not even near Baseball or Rugby to be frank.
ashindia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #93
invincibletiger
Registered User
 
invincibletiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,882
Likes (Received): 2768

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashindia View Post
Haha dream on.

Cricket is not even near Baseball or Rugby to be frank.
I am sure more people play/watch cricket than baseball.
invincibletiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #94
TallBox
Registered User
 
TallBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,122
Likes (Received): 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashindia View Post
Haha dream on.

Cricket is not even near Baseball or Rugby to be frank.
lol fail
TallBox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #95
likasz
Registered User
 
likasz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,380
Likes (Received): 41

If cricket would be a global sport so countries like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe (officially the poorest country in the world) or Kenya would not be participants or hosts of World Cup.


I doubt if cricket does really matter something in Canada or Holland.


PS.I am not saying that cricket is stupid or boring and I wish I knew the rules...
likasz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #96
CGMaurya
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 83
Likes (Received): 0

South Africa Out

The prodigal son of South Africa, Smith had to shut his mouth.
LOSERS, the South African sport is cursed by the murder of Hansie Cronje.
CGMaurya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #97
Quintana
Registered Abuser
 
Quintana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 美好的码头
Posts: 4,316
Likes (Received): 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by likasz View Post
I doubt if cricket does really matter something in Canada or Holland.
It doesn't. I think we have like 3000 people playing that game over here, half of which probably don't even hold Dutch citizenship. The fact that a country with such a small pool to draw from can qualify for the World Cup is quite telling for Cricket.

Cricket is not a global game but a Commonwealth game (and probably not even that since it is not even popular in all (former) Commonwealth countries). It is almost a religion in some countries (some of which boast huge populations) but gets barely noticed in the rest of the world. If there weren't that many Indians at my workplace I doubt I would even know there was a world cup going on.
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #98
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,022
Likes (Received): 4809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana View Post
It doesn't. I think we have like 3000 people playing that game over here, half of which probably don't even hold Dutch citizenship. The fact that a country with such a small pool to draw from can qualify for the World Cup is quite telling for Cricket.

Cricket is not a global game but a Commonwealth game (and probably not even that since it is not even popular in all (former) Commonwealth countries). It is almost a religion in some countries (some of which boast huge populations) but gets barely noticed in the rest of the world. If there weren't that many Indians at my workplace I doubt I would even know there was a world cup going on.
True.

But cricket is still more popular globally than baseball.

Last edited by JimB; March 26th, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #99
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!
 
Master of Disguise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,502
Likes (Received): 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
A bridge collapsed the CWG was not regarded as a success. They were a failure.

33,000 seats for a stadium originally supposed to hold 45,000.

Pathetic.
Dude...It was just a FOOTOVER BRIDGE under construction and was being done by a reputed UK Construction team......
Really that's laughable.....

That's what I said....there were stories outta nowhere during Delhi 2010...
Bridge collapsed( Footover bridge)...wall collapsed( 2x2 tile coming off due to work on overhead data cables) ...bomb inside the sadium( Fake story made by Australian media- They apologized )......ehhh
__________________
A PROUD INDIAN


iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #100
Quintana
Registered Abuser
 
Quintana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 美好的码头
Posts: 4,316
Likes (Received): 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
True.

But cricket is still more popular globally than baseball.
No doubt. India alone has more cricket fans than baseball has all over the world.
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu