daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Albanian Forum > Zhvillimet Urbane > Infrastruktura > Aeroportet

Aeroportet Aviation News.

Old August 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #41
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Correct. The old terminal building (departures) will probably be turned into offices, while the arrivals will either be demolished or be turned into storage for customs purposes.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 18th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #42
my city

Likes (Received): 5

a eshte e mundur me ua tregu aeroportin e shkupit!??
na vizitoni =)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=623230&page=2
my city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #43
7t

Asgje i vecante. Projekti fillestar dukej me i bukur por me sa duket e kane ndryshuar per te ulur koston.
Terminali i Rinasit mund te jete i vogel dhe i kufizuar persa i perket sherbimeve por nga pikpamja arkitektonike eshte vertete mbreselenes.

Last edited by 7t; August 18th, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:51 AM   #44
daalbo

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashkullore View Post
TIA concession was the worst in the region and maybe the worst in the history of concessions. It was one of the terrible mistakes Nano did when he was in power, along with the privatization of Alb Telekom. Only $70 mil. investment and this was a guaranteed loan by the Albania government, no concession payments at all, and the exclusive right for the international flights in the entire Albania for 20 years. This was a terrible, terrible mistake.
BS. While I have many reservations about the concession contract, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Macedonia's concession of its Shkupi and Ohri airports was for a 200 mil. euros investment and 30 to 40 million euros total concession payments.
Macedonia's concession was a complete mess. It took TAV two years between the time it won the bid and the time it was able to take over the airports. Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. You won't see Skopje have a larger airport than Tirana's anytime soon. TIA has more than twice the number of passengers. And 2010 is not 2005. If TIA's concession was being decided today like Skopje's and Pristina's, the terms would be significantly different.

Quote:
Prishtina's concession now is a lot better than Shkupi's and Tirana's because it involves 140 million euros investment (that must be completed in a two year period) plus an average of 39.42 of its revenues plus they said the rents are going to be paid to government.
I sure hope PRN can negotiate better terms than TIA since at the time of the concession it has twice the number of passengers TIA had in 2005.

Quote:
This is why the Prishtina's airport will be a lot bigger than Tirana's because the investment is almost three times bigger.
PRN will be the same size as TIA, more or less.

Quote:
Prishtina's airport is almost twice as big as Shkupi's airport and about the same as Tirana's airport in terms of the number of passengers but its been growing at a faster pace
Go check some numbers. PRN has not been grown faster. In fact there have been years in the past when it had more passengers than TIA, only to see its passenger number decline the following year. On average, TIA and PRN are very similar in numbers, both overall passengers and growth numbers. And TIA will get a boost with the liberalization of visas soon.

Quote:
and with the new recognitions and membership in the international organizations now, will grow even faster, that's why the company set a 4 mil. passengers target.
For all I care they can set the target to 100 million. Doesn't mean that PRN will reach that number any time soon.

Quote:
Plus they promised that they are going to invest even more in the future to increase its capacity as the number of passengers grows.
Hahaha. They won't invest a dime more than they have to. Maybe they also promised that PRN will all of a sudden become the largest airport in the Balkans.

Quote:
Prishtina's airport was operated a lot better than Tirana's and Shkupi's airports as, in comparison to them, it was always profitable and managed to invest millions in its facilities and staff training in the past, using those profits. This helped a lot in the concession terms as it showed that not a lot of investment is needed in corporate governance and staff training.
Some of the most retarded shit right here. If PRN invested millions in its facilities, why won't they use any of them but are talking of building new facilities from scratch. Oh I forgot, LIMAK is so impressed with PRN that they will throw money away for nothing. And you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of TIA's profitability. And no one gives a shit about staff training since its cost is a drop in the bucket in the whole scheme of things and it played no role in the concession contract. But keep talking out of your ass. I will enjoy seeing you make a fool of yourself.

Quote:
Belgrade Airport is bigger in terms of passengers (2.3 mil passengers) and size,
No shit.

Quote:
Zagreb airport in terms of passengers (2 mil. passengers) but not sure about the size of the terminal (since they did not have any investment in their airport for a long time now),
A simple Google search would have revealed their new terminal plans. Can you guess if it's bigger or smaller than PRN?

Quote:
Lubjana airport should be smaller in size and in numbers.
Just because you say it should be smaller does not make it so. It's bigger.

Quote:
Even Belgrade and Zagreb are not a lot bigger in terms of size and flights than current PRN and we never know, we could surpass them in the future, everything is possible.
Everything is possible, but Kosovo ain't Serbia or Croatia.

Quote:
Anyways, I like the design of TIA a lot more than this of PRN but its size is going to be three times bigger (and one of the biggest in the region), and there's no room for jealousy here among albanians, cause they're both albanian airports and hope to see them grow as big as possible and become as beautiful as possible.
If by region you mean only Kosovo and Macedonia and Bosnia and Montenegro, then you are indeed correct.
daalbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:57 AM   #45
daalbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
It's pretty unimpressive than that a "larger country, with a larger economy, visited by many foreigners" barely manages to have roughly ~200,000 more people traveling through its airport. When you compare population sizes, 3.5 with 2.0, that number is actually smaller than the one in PRN in overall terms (50%+ for PRN relative to population, 30% for TIA).
Not really when you consider the fact that the majority of the Albanian diaspora uses the seaways or land borders when it returns home. Given the longer distance, Kosovars are kinda forced to fly home. And I'm willing to bet that the numbers of Kosovars and Albanians living abroad are very similar.
Old August 19th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #46
Plisat

Likes (Received): 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
It's pretty unimpressive than that a "larger country, with a larger economy, visited by many foreigners" barely manages to have roughly ~200,000 more people traveling through its airport. When you compare population sizes, 3.5 with 2.0, that number is actually smaller than the one in PRN in overall terms (50%+ for PRN relative to population, 30% for TIA).
Well Buddy if the number this year will be higher than 1.4 millions, than it will be 70% compare to population of 2.0 millions.

For daablo:

All comments are base on prediction and knowing Kosovo and Albanian mentality. Like it or not Kosovars are much better Entrepreneurs than Albanians from Albania. They have shown themself inside and outside Kosovo. I know Albania very very well and I'm Kosovar...trust me I'm very realistic when it comes to criticism.
This can play a big role in future developements, in all fields. This was seen by many internationals that worked in Kosovo and they agree that this can be used as weapon in future developments of Kosovo.
You imagine that Kosovo passport has not been recognized by so so many countries and plus other travelling problems Kosovars face, and you are in the level of many countries when it comes to number of passangers, even better.
I tell you a story what happen to me in Indonezia. My cousent ask me to check about paper factory for supplying. He is in paper buisness and he wanted to know the prices here. I met with menagers in Surabaya of one paper company, they told me "we feel sorry but Kosovo is the only place in Balkan that we have distrubutor. If you are intrested for other countries in that area we are more willing to assist" and they told me the name of company. It is Indonesia-Surabaya "end of the world" and they are already here. Not talking Singapore, Malaysia and China that I met many of them.... In East Timor already met 3-4 Kosovars duing buisness there. I travelled all the world, I'm saying "never, never" met an Albanian buisnessman...these are facts.

Last edited by Plisat; August 19th, 2010 at 06:37 AM.
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #47
Mashkullore

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daalbo View Post
BS. While I have many reservations about the concession contract, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Here are the contract terms:
http://forumishqiptar.com/showthread...ight=Aeroporti

Quote:
Macedonia's concession was a complete mess. It took TAV two years between the time it won the bid and the time it was able to take over the airports. Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. You won't see Skopje have a larger airport than Tirana's anytime soon. TIA has more than twice the number of passengers. And 2010 is not 2005. If TIA's concession was being decided today like Skopje's and Pristina's, the terms would be significantly different.
This is true about the Prishtina's Airport but not the Shkupi's Airport. Tirana Airport at the time of the concession had approximately the same number of passengers that Macedonia now has, plus Albania as a country is twice as big and growth prospects were/are a lot better, so the contract terms should have been a lot better than Macedonia's.

Quote:
I sure hope PRN can negotiate better terms than TIA since at the time of the concession it has twice the number of passengers TIA had in 2005.
It actually negotiated better terms, ten times better.

Quote:
The Kosovo government and the concession firm, who are in charge of the project, are saying that it will be two to three times bigger. You don't have to be jealous.

Quote:
Go check some numbers. PRN has not been grown faster. In fact there have been years in the past when it had more passengers than TIA, only to see its passenger number decline the following year. On average, TIA and PRN are very similar in numbers, both overall passengers and growth numbers. And TIA will get a boost with the liberalization of visas soon.
Yes we have similar numbers but PIA has better growth prospects with the new recognitions and membership in the international organizations along with liberalization of visas.

Quote:
For all I care they can set the target to 100 million. Doesn't mean that PRN will reach that number any time soon.
They are experts in the industry. They operate some of the world's largest airports like Lyon or Istanbul. They know what they're talking about.

Quote:
Hahaha. They won't invest a dime more than they have to. Maybe they also promised that PRN will all of a sudden become the largest airport in the Balkans.
They will, if needed to meet the increased demand.

Quote:
Some of the most retarded shit right here. If PRN invested millions in its facilities, why won't they use any of them but are talking of building new facilities from scratch. Oh I forgot, LIMAK is so impressed with PRN that they will throw money away for nothing. And you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of TIA's profitability. And no one gives a shit about staff training since its cost is a drop in the bucket in the whole scheme of things and it played no role in the concession contract. But keep talking out of your ass. I will enjoy seeing you make a fool of yourself.
They invested more than 50 million euros (financed with their profits) in the last 5 years, runways were renovated and expanded, technology, staff training (aviation engineers cost them millions of euros, now they have dozens of them, I think more than 40) etc. TIA was operating in losses (huge losses) and this was one of the reasons the government rushed the concession process.

Quote:
A simple Google search would have revealed their new terminal plans. Can you guess if it's bigger or smaller than PRN?
I was saying about their current terminal, not the one that will be build in the future. That plan is sitting there for a long time now.

Quote:
Just because you say it should be smaller does not make it so. It's bigger.
The new PRN terminal that is being build is bigger than their current one.

Quote:
Everything is possible, but Kosovo ain't Serbia or Croatia. If by region you mean only Kosovo and Macedonia and Bosnia and Montenegro, then you are indeed correct.
No, I meant the entire western balkan region. It will be one of the biggest. Croatia and Serbia have both more than one international airports while Kosovo has only one international airport for now. So, even though the country is smaller, our only airport is almost as big as their biggest one and it can very easily become bigger in the future.

Quote:
Not really when you consider the fact that the majority of the Albanian diaspora uses the seaways or land borders when it returns home. Given the longer distance, Kosovars are kinda forced to fly home. And I'm willing to bet that the numbers of Kosovars and Albanians living abroad are very similar.
Kosovar diaspora the same, most of them use Durresi port or drive through Croatia-Montenegro or Romania-Bulgaria-Macedonia.

This reply was just for you cause you're being jealous.

For the other normal Albanians (from Albania, Kosova, and all other Albanian lands and in Diaspora):

I wish that PRN and TIA become the largest and the best airports in the world. Also, Albania, Kosova, and all Albanian lands the best place to live in the world.
Mashkullore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:15 AM   #48
gators52

Likes (Received): 36

When is the completion date? That's all that matters.
gators52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #49
Mashkullore

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators52 View Post
When is the completion date? That's all that matters.
Two years from now, in 2012. They completed the Istanbul Airport on time, so they have a good record of completing the projects on time.
Mashkullore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #50
gators52

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Two years from now, in 2012. They completed the Istanbul Airport on time, so they have a good record of completing the projects on time.
Oh, well that's good.
gators52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #51
Ermir
Shoku Tinit

Likes (Received): 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plisat View Post
All comments are base on prediction and knowing Kosovo and Albanian mentality. Like it or not Kosovars are much better Entrepreneurs than Albanians from Albania. They have shown themself inside and outside Kosovo. I know Albania very very well and I'm Kosovar...trust me I'm very realistic when it comes to criticism.
This can play a big role in future developements, in all fields. This was seen by many internationals that worked in Kosovo and they agree that this can be used as weapon in future developments of Kosovo.
You imagine that Kosovo passport has not been recognized by so so many countries and plus other travelling problems Kosovars face, and you are in the level of many countries when it comes to number of passangers, even better.
I tell you a story what happen to me in Indonezia. My cousent ask me to check about paper factory for supplying. He is in paper buisness and he wanted to know the prices here. I met with menagers in Surabaya of one paper company, they told me "we feel sorry but Kosovo is the only place in Balkan that we have distrubutor. If you are intrested for other countries in that area we are more willing to assist" and they told me the name of company. It is Indonesia-Surabaya "end of the world" and they are already here. Not talking Singapore, Malaysia and China that I met many of them.... In East Timor already met 3-4 Kosovars duing buisness there. I travelled all the world, I'm saying "never, never" met an Albanian buisnessman...these are facts.
O shqiptar.
Anės Vjosės, anės Bunės.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Ermir está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #52
Buki
BANNED

Likes (Received): 620

Quote:

I can't help noticing you have a problem with the fact that PRN will have over 3 times larger terminal building than TIA, but I am having a hard time understanding why?
I heard people from Tirana are localists but I could never imagine you could go this far as to be consciosly blind to the facts. If all of us (as one nation and blood) were happy when the new TIA terminal was build why can't you be happy for us?

No need for scientific discoveries here. TIA's terminal is 8,500 meters square while PRN terminal will be 27.000 meters square. You can bang your head against the wall as much as you like but this will not make it any less true...

In regards to the passenger numbers, the current difference between TIA and PRN is fairly minimal.
In 2009, the number of passengers that used TIA was 1,394,688 while in PRN it was a little over 1,2 million. This year both Airports are receiving a significant growth of over 9% in total passenger number.
Realistically, its immpresive that PRN even with the current terminal and under public administration is managing to increase its number so rapidly... I can only imagine what will happen in 2 years time under LIMAK management and when the new terminal & other investments complete.

I predict that by 2012, PRN will push beyond 2 million passengers per year and this is why LIMAK is hurrying with building the huge terminal.

LIMAK management is very well aware that PRN is slowly becoming the unconstested Airport leader in the region and will also serve as a Transit Airport for other surrounding Airports (including TIA).

Last edited by Buki; August 19th, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Buki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #53
RolexAL
Epirioti

Likes (Received): 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by my city View Post
a eshte e mundur me ua tregu aeroportin e shkupit!??
na vizitoni =)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=623230&page=2
"Macedonia is the best"
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #54
Ermir
Shoku Tinit

Likes (Received): 977

Ju cunat nga Kosova (hiq ate Pisin) tregohuni pak te matur. Boll me kete matje bibilushi. Kontrata midis PIA-s dhe Limak-AdeL sapo eshte nenshkruar. Eshte me se normale qe deklaratat e tyre te jene te fryra.

Prisni deri sa puna te jape frytet.

Mentaliteti fshataresk i disave ketu me ben per te vjelle.
Anės Vjosės, anės Bunės.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Ermir está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #55
daalbo

Qysh ta nxe goja? Aeroporti i Prishtines do jete kryesori ne bote, s'e ke marre vesh. Keshtu tha Buki dhe Mashkullore dhe sidomos Plisati.
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #56
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermir View Post
Boll me kete matje bibilushi.

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #57
Plisat

Likes (Received): 860

Quote:
Ju cunat nga Kosova (hiq ate Pisin) tregohuni pak te matur. Boll me kete matje bibilushi. Kontrata midis PIA-s dhe Limak-AdeL sapo eshte nenshkruar. Eshte me se normale qe deklaratat e tyre te jene te fryra.

Per kete arsye te kemi ty te na mesosh?????....
Une e di ku Kosova qendron, edhe nese dikush jep kritik me "vend" e pranoj. Zakonisht bie ne koflikt me juve, bash per faktin se jeni shume "over prided" per Shqiperine edhe ska arsye pse.
Une ne forumin Serb kur flisnin per Shqiperine, reagoja ne menyre si reagoni ju. Duke i rritur gjerat.... Por mbroj dicka qe e konsideroj edhe "timen".
Nuk mundesh te me bindesh mua per Shqiperine se eshte "keshtu" apo "ashtu" se cdo vit e vizitoj 4-5 here edhe kam shoke nga Shqiperia. Kjo ndodhe me cdo Kosovar qe eshte ne kete forum, secili viziton Shqiperine te pakten nje here ne vite. Sa nga ju keni vizituar Kosoven?
Prandaj kur bisedoni me ne, mos u mundoni te na bindeni per dicka, sepse e dime si qendrojne gjerat.
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #58
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Pse u kthye tema e Aeroportit te Prishtines ne teme per Aeroportin e Tiranes? Ky i fundit ka temen e vet, diskutoni atje.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #59
Pejoni

Likes (Received): 176

Quote:
Qysh ta nxe goja? Aeroporti i Prishtines do jete kryesori ne bote, s'e ke marre vesh. Keshtu tha Buki dhe Mashkullore dhe sidomos Plisati.
Jo por dy-tri here ma e madhe se TIA, Kosova ka vetem 2M banor kurse Shqiperia 3.5M dhe hala SOT nuk mundet ma ja kalu PRN'se.

...shpjegim i vetem eshte qe ne kemi nje diaspor te fort.
Pejoni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #60
Buki
BANNED

Likes (Received): 620

Quote:

Ermir, me gjithe respektin per juve sepse nuk konsideroj se ju jeni lokalist ne baze te komenteve te deritanishme.
Megjithate, eshte e nevojshme tju tregoj se une per vete kurr nuk i kam nda dhe nuk i ndaj shqiptaret nga ajo se ku jetojne sepse per mua te gjithe shqiptaret jane nje.
Une i takoj atij grupi shqiptaresh (jo Kosovar po shqiptar i Kosoves) qe besojne forte se nje dite do te vjen deri te bashkimi i gjithe shqiptareve ne nje shtet dhe ma merr mendja per kete jam mjaft i qarte edhe me komentet e mija.

Tani ti kthehemi temes, nuk mund te konsiderohet e "fryre" nje deklarate qe eshte e mbeshtetur ne kontrate. Pra, nese kontrata a ceke qarte se sa te holla do te investohen dhe per cfare nuk ka nevoje aty te komentohet me teper sepse mosrespektimi i te njejtes do ndeshkohej me ligj.

Ajo qe neve (dhe do duhej edhe juve) na ben te cuditemi eshte kur disa tipa si daalbo me aq urrejtje dhe nencmim i qasen nje projekti kaq kapital per gjithe shqiptaret duke tentuar me cdo kusht ta minojne rendesine e tij madje duke perdorur informacione te pasakta per te vetmen arsye se ju pengon qe ai projekt do realizohet ne Prishtine a jo aty ku deshirojne ata.

Pra, e gjithe kjo bisede eshte inicuar nga daalbo dhe 7t, andaj te lutem ne te ardhmen drejtoji kritikat e tua per maturi aty ku duhet.

Last edited by Buki; August 19th, 2010 at 02:52 PM.
Buki no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, albania