daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Albanian Forum > Zhvillimet Urbane > Infrastruktura > Aeroportet

Aeroportet Aviation News.

Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM   #121
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators52 View Post
which new terminal is going to be bigger, the one in prishtine or skopje's new terminal?
Skopje is a lot bigger with 6 gates capable to handle more than 4.000.000 passengers per year eve if its not needed.

Terminal is U/C

This is runaway extensions for 500 meters to south!

Sponsored Links

Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM   #122
Ermir
Shoku Tinit

Likes (Received): 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Skopje is a lot bigger with 6 gates capable to handle more than 4.000.000 passengers per year eve if its not needed.
Is or is going to be?
Anės Vjosės, anės Bunės.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Ermir está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:48 PM   #123
gators52

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:

Terminal is U/C

Why build it so big if it will never have more then mabey 1 million passengers at the most.
gators52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM   #124
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermir View Post
Is or is going to be?
Yea for 10 months from now...
And SKP will reach 1 million for 3 years so no matter what this is a very nice step for no future extension because of this really huge terminal.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:20 PM   #125
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 339

Po duket se do te jemi deshmitare te nje "lufte" ne mes aeroportit te Prishtines dhe Shkupit (e edhe te Tiranes, sidomos tani, pas perfundimit te autostrades) per treg (pasagjer). Nuk e di se kush do t'a fitoj ate lufte, por ne pasagjeret me siguri se do te perfitojme nga ajo lufte, si ne cmime, ashtu edhe ne kualitet dhe destinime te reja.

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM   #126
my city

Likes (Received): 5

Sigurisht
Sure
my city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM   #127
7t

Skopje's new terminal looks butt-ugly (no offense).
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:33 PM   #128
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
And SKP will reach 1 million for 3 years
Why?
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:06 PM   #129
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Why?
Well the situation is complex. I will try to explain to you at my max. First of all there are too many cars in the city 200-250.000+ (to population of 750.000) and the trend continues as long as there is free import with vehicles from 1995+ from European states... So people are willing to go everywhere with car thats a mess habit.
Also as long as we are connected to E-75 and E-65 highways there is good connection with rest of Europe and capital cities in the region.
After that prices are very high and here is the problem after another problem... So last year 750.000 was the number but with 18% growth which is highest airport grow for passengers in the region.
Now Turkish company Tav is doing everything so for sure the number will rise with the new terminal and new lines, companies and prices.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:10 AM   #130
Dardani6

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbenit View Post
Po duket se do te jemi deshmitare te nje "lufte" ne mes aeroportit te Prishtines dhe Shkupit (e edhe te Tiranes, sidomos tani, pas perfundimit te autostrades) per treg (pasagjer). Nuk e di se kush do t'a fitoj ate lufte, por ne pasagjeret me siguri se do te perfitojme nga ajo lufte, si ne cmime, ashtu edhe ne kualitet dhe destinime te reja.
competition is almost always good.
Dardani6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 03:59 AM   #131
gators52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Skopje's new terminal looks butt-ugly (no offense).
Yes I agree, but it's still bigger than Prishtines
Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:26 PM   #132
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Well the situation is complex. I will try to explain to you at my max. First of all there are too many cars in the city 200-250.000+ (to population of 750.000) and the trend continues as long as there is free import with vehicles from 1995+ from European states... So people are willing to go everywhere with car thats a mess habit.
Also as long as we are connected to E-75 and E-65 highways there is good connection with rest of Europe and capital cities in the region.
After that prices are very high and here is the problem after another problem... So last year 750.000 was the number but with 18% growth which is highest airport grow for passengers in the region.
Now Turkish company Tav is doing everything so for sure the number will rise with the new terminal and new lines, companies and prices.
None of what you said explains why Skopje will reach 1 million in 3 years. But even if it does, it'll be where Prishtina was 3 years ago. Not very inspiring, I think, but apart from that: building a new terminal will certainly help increase numbers, but what's helping increase Prishtina's numbers is not the terminal itself but the fact that new - and cheap - airlines are starting to operate from Prishtina.

Air Berlin, EasyJet, and soon Czech Airlines: this is the source of increasing numbers (cheap tickets), not the fact that new terminals are being built or will be built. Btw, I'm not saying Skopje will not reach 1 million, it just doesn't seem that it'll be as guaranteed as you say it is.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 08:08 PM   #133
gators52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
None of what you said explains why Skopje will reach 1 million in 3 years. But even if it does, it'll be where Prishtina was 3 years ago. Not very inspiring, I think, but apart from that: building a new terminal will certainly help increase numbers, but what's helping increase Prishtina's numbers is not the terminal itself but the fact that new - and cheap - airlines are starting to operate from Prishtina.

Air Berlin, EasyJet, and soon Czech Airlines: this is the source of increasing numbers (cheap tickets), not the fact that new terminals are being built or will be built. Btw, I'm not saying Skopje will not reach 1 million, it just doesn't seem that it'll be as guaranteed as you say it is.
Agreed, but will prishtina ever reach the 2 million mark?
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #134
daalbo

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbenit View Post
S'ka lufte fare. Prishtina dhe Tirana kane pak a shume te njejtin numer udhetaresh dhe keto aeroporte servirin udhetare te ndryshem. Ka nje arsye pse Tirana ka lidhje gati me cdo qytet ne Itali kurse Prishtina gati me cdo qytet ne Gjermani. Kerkesa per ne Prishtine dhe Tirane eshte per nga aeroporte te ndryshme, keshtu qe keto dy aeroporte nuk jane ne konkurrence. Plus qe gati cdo kosovar do fluturoje nga Prishtina sepse e ka me lehte (dhe po e njejta gje me shqiptaret) edhe po te kete fluturime me te lira nga Tirana. Keshtu qe mos prit ndonje konkurrence Prishtine-Tirane sepse asnje nga aeroportet nuk po rritet ne kurriz te tjetrit.

Prishtina dhe Shkupi jane me ndryshe. Trafiku i Shkupit dhe Prishtines eshte shume i ngjashem dhe aeroportet jane me afer njeri tjetrit, por sic eshte vene re deri tani, Prishtina ia ka kaluar Shkupit me kohe, dhe megjithese s'i di statistikat, ma ha mendja qe Prishtina terheq ca udhetare nga Maqedonia. Ne fakt Shkupi kishte me shume udhetare ne 2000 se sa ka sot, dhe kjo ndodhi per shkak se aeroporti i Prishtines ishte i mbyllur atehere. Shkupi mund te ndertoje edhe nje aeroport per 20 milione pasagjere dhe prape do jete mbrapa Prishtines, sepse deri tani nuk eshte se Prishtina ka patur nje aeroport per se mbari dhe prandaj shoqerite ajrore fluturonin atje. E vetmja menyre si Shkupi mund t'ia "vjedhi" pasagjeret Prishtines, eshte sikur t'u ofroje shoqerive ajrore cmime me uleta, por kostoja e ndertimit te nje aeroport te ri, do e pengoje Shkupin t'i beje zbritje shoqerive ajrore. Keshtu qe nuk pres qe Shkupi t'ia kaloje Prishtines ndonje here.

Megjithate ka nje gje qe Shkupi po e ben tamam, dhe kjo eshte zgjatja e pistes. Tirana dhe Prishtina i kane pistat te shkurtera per fluturime te gjata dhe kjo ndalon fluturimet non-stop per ne Amerike per shembull.
daalbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #135
Buki
BANNED

Likes (Received): 620

Quote:

Terminal is U/C

With all do respect, the whole point of having a new (larger) terminal building is to answer the projected demand.

If Skopje will not have the appropriate number of passengers for such a terminal than 'mark my words'; the new Skopje Airport terminal will be labelled a failed project.

I deeply doubt that Skopje Airport will reach 1 million passengers in three years, but even if it does, please explain the logic of having a 4 million passenger terminal for a max 1 million passengers that will actually use it?

I have several friends working in Skopje Airport so I know that this Airport worked under deep losses for years... there were times when the employees were brought to the brink of survival with salaries decreased, delayed, etc.

Second point I would like to mention here is the statistical fact that Prishtina Airport currently handles aprox. 2 x times more passengers in comparison to Skopje Airport.
Further more, there is an increased number of passengers from Macedonia in the past year or so who are more willingly using Prishtina Airport, not because they love it (God knows our current terminal sux) but because more and more low-cost Companies are choosing PRN Airport for their operations.
This also raises the need for having a larger terminal for PRN and this is exactly why Prishtina Airport will have a new 27,000 meter square terminal.
Not because we'd love to go around the region yelling "we have the biggest Airport" but because there is a substantial need for such a terminal in order to respond to the constantly increasing demand.

Last edited by Buki; October 4th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
Buki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #136
Junkie
Supervisor

OK You dont get the point. I dont care for Pristinas two millions. I only told the true about new terminal building. Skopje airport has 18% passenger grow which is highest in the region. Let the things flow and you will see. Anyway no matter what terminal building is one of the hugest in the region.
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #137
Kulla

Likes (Received): 360

And we dont care about the Skopje one so why are you posting it in here ???
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #138
UserFree
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
And we dont care about the Skopje one so why are you posting it in here ???
It was brought up by another member asking which one is/will be bigger, so he was the only one who could provide the info.
UserFree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #139
Pejoni

Likes (Received): 161

Pejoni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #140
liburni
Pse Jo??

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejoni View Post
aj llajk!