daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #2101
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I wonder what will be in between the windows, stone or aluminum casing?
Brushed nickel, I believe.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #2102
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Call me a troll, but this building has no iconic look to it. No there isn't a law but this building is 10x more unattractive than One WTC, don't even try to defend that.
I don't call you troll? You seems to be like me a "New York Patriot" and thats GOOD.

But I don't agree that this building is less attractive than others. What makes New York so special? It is the diversity and not just in people but also in architecture, buildings and forward spirit. This stick structure is unique and I like it very much. New York needs all different buildings, in my eyes, thick, thin, tall, supertall, and OF COURSE MEGATALL. BUILD BUILD BUILD I SAY
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #2103
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Just for being that tall, it's gonna become a landmark!!

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #2104
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Contact him yourself and ask him. His e-mail address is on his website, and he's very cordial.
If the ratio is 19:1 and the building is 93.5 feet wide that would make the building 1776.5 feet tall exactly

weird, maybe they have a secret patriotic agenda

But that's clearly not the case, even though data might not be exactly final, we know it's going to be in the 1400 range.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #2105
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I don't call you troll? You seems to be like me a "New York Patriot" and thats GOOD.

But I don't agree that this building is less attractive than others. What makes New York so special? It is the diversity and not just in people but also in architecture, buildings and forward spirit. This stick structure is unique and I like it very much. New York needs all different buildings, in my eyes, thick, thin, tall, supertall, and OF COURSE MEGATALL. BUILD BUILD BUILD I SAY
Yes a megatall!
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:09 AM   #2106
marsh

Likes (Received): 25

I think 432 Park will be a cool addition precisely because of its unique slim shape and height. I agree, the city needs a good eclectic mix of supertalls, some thin, some thicker. 432 Park won't be the last supertall. It will definately be different, which is a good thing!
marsh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #2107
parsonsnose
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

It just looks a bit too slim to me for it's height. I wonder how much of that limited floor space will be taken up by elevators.
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #2108
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

There is massive demand for this tower, Torre Verre, 225 W 57th, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/re...d.html?_r=1&hp

Midtown Penthouse Is Sold for Most Ever in New York

By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO

Published: May 17, 2012

A mystery buyer has agreed to pay a record price in New York of more than $90 million for the duplex penthouse at a Midtown tower, the building’s developer said Thursday.

Gary Barnett, president of Extell Development Company, said the buyer, who declined to be named or to disclose his country of origin, bought the 10,923-square-foot penthouse on the 89th and 90th floors of One57, the building currently under construction at 157 West 57th Street.

The building, which features a Park Hyatt below the condominium units, will offer striking views of the southern end of Central Park and will be among New York’s tallest residential structures when it is completed next year. Since One57 opened for sales in December, about half of its 92 apartments have been sold, Mr. Barnett said.
While Mr. Barnett would not reveal the exact amount the buyer agreed to pay for the penthouse, citing a confidentiality agreement, he said it was less than $100 million. The price nevertheless tops the $88 million that a trust benefiting the daughter of a Russian billionaire, Dmitry Rybolovlev, paid this year for a penthouse at 15 Central Park West owned by the former Citigroup chairman Sanford I. Weill. Besides being a record sale for an apartment in Manhattan, that purchase also drew gasps for the record price paid per square foot: more than $13,000.

The One57 penthouse, which features 23-foot ceilings in a grand salon, traded for about $8,000 per square foot, Mr. Barnett said. He called the purchase by the Rybolovlevs, agreed to late last year, “not a good deal,” saying the market for superluxury properties in New York should be closer to $10,000 per square foot.

Foreign buyers, including Brazilians, Chinese and Russians, have been on a buying spree in New York and Miami in recent months, developers and brokers say. Russian and Ukrainian buyers have shown a particular willingness to pay top dollar for so-called trophy properties.

Mr. Barnett was quick to dispel any notion that the One57 penthouse was sold to a Russian, saying the buyer was not Russian, Ukrainian or from “any other part of the former Soviet Union.”

He described the buyer as a “very nice family” who plans to use the penthouse as a residence, and as “someone that people would recognize.” The sale had been a well-kept secret; the buyer agreed to buy the penthouse more than three months ago, he said, when the apartment was listed at $98.5 million — before Extell raised the asking price to $115 million to adjust for the market tumult caused by the 15 Central Park West sale.

Despite setting a record, the One57 penthouse did not crack the elusive $100 million barrier for a residence, which has not been broken either in New York or in Los Angeles. Mr. Barnett said he nearly broke it with a different apartment at One57.

Earlier this year, he said, a foreign buyer was “very, very seriously looking” at the “Winter Garden” unit, a duplex with a separate solarium totaling 13,500 square feet. The buyer was negotiating to buy that apartment and another full floor — a combination of floors 75 to 77 that would have been 20,000 square feet. The price would have been between $100 and $150 million, Mr. Barnett said.

He would not say why the deal fell through.

“I am hopeful we will break it one day,” he said of the $100 million barrier, “in this building or another one.”
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #2109
Jay

Ok we get it, you posted that in every NYC thread. Good news though.
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #2110
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconyc View Post
I'll say it again...water high pressure water

No blasting going on...explosives truck is gone...blast blankets are gone...when they blast cam is off and people are vacated...and you see maybe plume of dust...this I have seen live and felt!

I go by at least twice a day...but the event I saw was on the cam and people were all around you can see the hose...
That's ridiculous. Why is there water going 30 feet high? Are they fracking? Too bad the webcam can't be rewound like the one for the Whitney Museum construction in the meatpacking.

I hope these guys know what they're doing. If they flood Metro North, a lot of folks will be pissed.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #2111
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5324

By the way, WE are the only ones who care (along with the folks at SSP and Wired). This has been totally ignored by the lamestream media, except a passing mention in the Gray Old Lady - http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/re...o-the-top.html
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #2112
philip
The Picture Guy

Likes (Received): 71

So this tower is going to be the tallest building (to the roof) in NYC, this is going to be one spectacular construction to watch !!!!

Although it is a simple box, its sheer presence is going to turn heads for sure. I am actually starting to like it... a lot.... !!
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2113
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

The floor count is 89, not 82. See DOB papers.
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #2114
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
The floor count is 89, not 82. See DOB papers.
Beat me to it, from CTBUH...

Figures
Height: Architectural 426.1 meter / 1398 feet
Height: Occupied 396.9 meter / 1302 feet
Height: To Tip 426.1 meter / 1398 feet
Floors Above Ground 89
Floors Below Ground 3
# of Apartments 128

Change of title please
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #2115
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I still hope they'll increase the height to 443 meters so that the building is both, the tallest in the western hemisphere and the tallest residential tower in the world

Highcliff liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #2116
Valkyre

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean..But hey, if every building would be architectural masterpiece and everyone would love it, than that would be perfect world..And we all know that such thing doesn't exist..So I sorry if this building is not good enough for some of you, I'm more than fine with it and I will enjoy watching it rise..
Oh I will monitor this building's construction, dont missunderstand me. I am always going to monitor the construction of a supertall no matter how uninspiring it looks to me. Especially when it is a supertall rising in New York, that I love so much.

I really do believe though that if the top 1/6 of the building was missing, it would be far more appealing to me, at least as far as proportions go. Anyways we will see. Maybe the cladding will actually change my mind or there are some design details that will make this building grow on me.
Valkyre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #2117
snot

Likes (Received): 2362

How can people be so conservative about such an incredible skyscraper on a skyscraper forum?

432 Park Ave is just awesome. It brings a dramatic contrast in the boring midtown skyline. It's height together with it slim shape is just great and spectacular.
Its absurd how some worship the minimal shape of the twin towers but bash this tower.

Last edited by snot; May 18th, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
snot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2118
Jay

I agree I like it

PS. A reminder for Mods to change title to 89 floors.

Source:

previous posts.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #2119
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

Okay this morning you can see that the central yellow crane is gone...they are placing forms for both the right rear tower perimeter columns, and significantly the starting to form the the north perimeter tower columns...looks like the rebar is close to being finished for the columns against 57th street....Be interesting to see how they get that excavator out of the back...better do it soon or it will have to be lifted out...things are really rolling along
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #2120
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I still hope they'll increase the height to 443 meters so that the building is both, the tallest in the western hemisphere and the tallest residential tower in the world
YEAH lets hope that

One more thing about the height is that on the "SCP" site it says that the 432 park avenue is 1420 feet tall and 89 floors. That 432 meters Hope thats True tho
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall