daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2181
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuz1970 View Post
its this true, this stick building its on construction already, can somebody tell us if there are on the world another thin and tall building like this ?? i mean if that is the final design ?
there's one at Madison & 23rd but not as tall as this.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:47 PM   #2182
deadhead262

Likes (Received): 223

Couldnt they give it a spire, some setbacks, of some styling because right now it just is not dominating enough.

Highcliff liked this post
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:49 PM   #2183
deadhead262

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
there's one at Madison & 23rd but not as tall as this.
That building is hideous.

deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:49 PM   #2184
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

On, the contrary, thanks to it being just a box it is very dominating. Besides, you already have ESB and Chrysler with setbacks and spires/antennas, let us box lovers have something tall in NYC too

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:53 PM   #2185
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
People seem to forget that the Twins were hated first, even till their very last breath.
So how about we all give this building a chance and judge later? It's going up, noone can stop it now.
That's true, they were mostly rejected at first, but later were increasingly accepted, but as you say, there always remained people that hated them, until they were knocked down.

For example, for a building like 432, I wouldn't repite the scheme of the twins. I'd rather do more like three diferent aged brothers. One taller, another shorter and another shortest (like 300 - 360 and 450 meters) and maybe the taller a bit fatter too, but with the same plain looking each one. That colud make a more dynamic conjunt, and could help to make them more iconic, I think, the result would be similar, but not equal as the Sears/Willis Tower.

I'm aware that that propposal is out of discussion, and, as somebody said, it is more of Sim City than New York City, Not that I expect that they were that way (to begin with, they'd need another plot and more much money) But the imagination doesn't cost a cent.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:13 PM   #2186
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
People seem to forget that the Twins were hated first, even till their very last breath.
So how about we all give this building a chance and judge later? It's going up, noone can stop it now.
YOU SAID IT MAN.

"As long as a building is nice in it's architecture, then it can be built". NO I can't agree with that kind of short thinking. In my view This building is beautiful and very special. New Yorkers will love this building in the future, as they did to the twins etc.

http://www.twintowersalliance.com/images/Golden_Towers.png
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:56 AM   #2187
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
YOU SAID IT MAN.

"As long as a building is nice in it's architecture, then it can be built". NO I can't agree with that kind of short thinking. In my view This building is beautiful and very special. New Yorkers will love this building in the future, as they did to the twins etc.
The twins were big, domineering, and powerful. They looked good because of where they were built. If you built one of them in midtown it would have looked horrible and out of place. They were also tall, yet wide. It is a completely different case with this tower, I don't know why people are comparing this and the twin towers.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:34 AM   #2188
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
The twins were big, domineering, and powerful. They looked good because of where they were built. If you built one of them in midtown it would have looked horrible and out of place. They were also tall, yet wide. It is a completely different case with this tower, I don't know why people are comparing this and the twin towers.
Ohh I thought you would ignore me but you like to discuss with me, good I like to discuss with you too, beacuse we do not always agree
To agree with everything is not funny but to disagree can be funny and interesting, don't you agree?

I was not directly comparing the twins with this building. What I said was that I belive that the people in N.Y will love this building in many ways, because of it's uniqe structure. Like they did with the twins.

I think New York is the right place for this building.
This building is tall but very thin in it's structure and diversity in buildings is also good.
I think this building will fit into the skyline and I am eager to see whats happening in 425 park avenue also. This could become a complemest to eachother, who knows

Yes the twins should have not fit well if there was only one tower and with that I mean Lower Manhattan as in modtown. You would have gotten the feeling that one is missing his sister / brother.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:12 AM   #2189
fooddude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

any new renders?
fooddude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:19 AM   #2190
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22545

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
any new renders?
all we have is this, not new

Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:23 AM   #2191
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
On, the contrary, thanks to it being just a box it is very dominating. Besides, you already have ESB and Chrysler with setbacks and spires/antennas, let us box lovers have something tall in NYC too

Yes totally true. More buildings without spire/antenna crap. I rather see observations deck on top of some buildings then spires/antenna all the time.

Box lovers

Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:28 AM   #2192
#01 Guy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Not a fan of the box myself, seems like a bit of a cop out on the architects part! Why not make something unique instead of just going for a taller box?
#01 Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:39 AM   #2193
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Ohh I thought you would ignore me but you like to discuss with me, good I like to discuss with you too, beacuse we do not always agree
To agree with everything is not funny but to disagree can be funny and interesting, don't you agree?

I was not directly comparing the twins with this building. What I said was that I belive that the people in N.Y will love this building in many ways, because of it's uniqe structure. Like they did with the twins.

I think New York is the right place for this building.
This building is tall but very thin in it's structure and diversity in buildings is also good.
I think this building will fit into the skyline and I am eager to see whats happening in 425 park avenue also. This could become a complemest to eachother, who knows

Yes the twins should have not fit well if there was only one tower and with that I mean Lower Manhattan as in modtown. You would have gotten the feeling that one is missing his sister / brother.
Don't take everything people say on an internet forum seriously. I typically favor great architecture over height, so when someone really obsesses on height it can get to me. I thought you were trolling at the time, but if you aren't then I respect your opinion.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2194
Valkyre

Likes (Received): 88

So I ask again, is this rumour true about a similar building such as this one rising at 425? Because that would be truly amazing news if true.
Valkyre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:07 AM   #2195
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
So I ask again, is this rumour true about a similar building such as this one rising at 425? Because that would be truly amazing news if true.
NO, and there were NEVER rumors saying that.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2196
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
Source of this rumour please?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:40 PM   #2197
Valkyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
NO, and there were NEVER rumors saying that.
isnt this your post on this very own thread?

Quote:
Guys please calm down. There will be probably another supertall on 425 Park Avenue. (which might be thicker) This tower and 432 park Avenue can make a nice pair of supertalls, so maybe in the end both will work fine in the skyline.

I am looking forward for both of them
sorry but what you post here could easily be considered "rumour" or something that needs clarification, like I asked for. The way you typed it also mentioning details like the fact it will probably be thicker, easily makes someone thinks that you have heard something concrete about a new project.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:53 PM   #2198
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Another supertall project doesnt mean itll be a TWIN! ;-)

Its officially in proposal stage and might end up in a thicker tower, yes.

Read the thread and put every post into context to the topic flow.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:09 PM   #2199
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Kanto effect anyone
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM   #2200
Valkyre

Quote:
Another supertall project doesnt mean itll be a TWIN! ;-)

Its officially in proposal stage and might end up in a thicker tower, yes.

Read the thread and put every post into context to the topic flow.
Μy friend, sorry, but are you kidding me?

Please read my post asking about this again... did I ever say that this new project is going to be a TWIN???

All I said was "similar building" .... most of all I was aksing wether or not there will be a new supertall there and to point me in the right direction. This forum is huge and I love skyscrapers but unfortunately I dont have so much free time to be updated on every single thing out there.

I believe my question was appropriate considering your old post and confusing me by telling me NO and then "actually YES, but" doesnt help.

So as I understand it there will be probably another supertall nearby this one and could make the 2 a nice pair. Good, that is all I wanted, confirmation about a probable new supertall in the area. Thanks.

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall