daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:21 AM   #2661
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
@RobertWalpole sorry I don't buy it. They might came from the developer but there is no way the building will look that different depending on light conditions. I just think that the greenish render is an older more primitive version. I also think the old base render you posted is outdated now. Look at the clearance I marked on it. There is no such clearance visible on any of the newer renders as well as on the model and plans.

There was never intended to be a huge gap between the metal exoskeleton and the glass. What you highlighted is simply An illusion due to lighting/shading. This tower has always needed the exterior facade to support its height. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Last edited by RobertWalpole; June 22nd, 2012 at 03:26 AM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:59 AM   #2662
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Oh c'mon, seriously, an illusion? And the fact that I can see part of the grid that is on the back side "trough" the building is also an illusion? And what about the blueprints? They clearly shows that gird profile is rectangular/square, and not thin beveled like on this render.

I know you sometimes have inside information but that just doesn't make sense. So what are you trying to say? That blueprints and new renders are not accurate or what?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM   #2663
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Do you seriously think that the rendering depicts a building surrounded by an open cage? As noted, from the start of this project, the exterior facade was absolutely essential to support the tower.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM   #2664
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Do you seriously think that the rendering depicts a building surrounded by an open cage?
This is You who try to convince us this is the most accurate render here while it obviously lacks some basic elements. I guess it was one of the preliminary renders made especially to show the grid itself not complete building, but still it seems that even grid will be different.

Quote:
As noted, from the start of this project, the exterior facade was absolutely essential to support the tower.
Correct, and that is probably the reason why they resign the thin delicate grid shown on this render for fat square in section one shown in blueprints.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2665
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Do you seriously think that it was initially designed with insufficient exterior supports that were too thin?
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM   #2666
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1153

I wish it had a few setbacks, for instance like this. It would still be a very thin tower.
[IMG]http://i49.************/29fxflu.jpg[/IMG]
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #2667
patrykus

Quote:
Do you seriously think that it was initially designed with insufficient exterior supports that were too thin?
It is often the case that the preliminary "artistic" design is changed later by the engineers. Maybe it even was possible but simply too expensive to accept.

But anyways you still haven't explained why blueprints shows something completely different (the grid) than this render.

Last edited by patrykus; June 22nd, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM   #2668
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Little off topic here, but germantower is that building directly to the left of BofA 855 Sixth Ave?
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #2669
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

Robert it IS an open cage. There isn't even a square tower inside just a small wall. Look to the left, you can see the other tower and then the sky thru the grid. It's the most f'ed up render I've ever seen.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #2670
Valkyre

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
I wish it had a few setbacks, for instance like this. It would still be a very thin tower.
http://i49.************/29fxflu.jpg
Now... THAT would be beautiful... this would be really amazing, it would make the building stand out not just a huge pillar, but at the same time architecturally....

Last edited by erbse; June 22nd, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Valkyre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:28 PM   #2671
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

It's funny (actually sad) that forumers from SSC and SSP are able to come up with a better building / rendering within minutes than so called famous architects such as Vinoly.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:49 PM   #2672
Mercenary

Likes (Received): 201

Apologies before hand for this dumb question:

Doesn't this building need a more deeper foundation? I mean it will be be almost 1400 ft, so it should be at least 8 or 9 grades below ground level to secure a strong foundation?

Or maybe I am not understanding something.
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #2673
patrykus

Rather don't know something. What it is the fact that Manhattan has bedrock very close to the surface so excavations don't have to be very deep since the tower is directly connected to the solid rock

Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:12 PM   #2674
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
http://i49.************/29fxflu.jpg
I was never a great admirer of this building, but I'm finding that it is growing on me, and I'm starting to find that despite my still wishing that it was a bit shorter, it has a kind of monolithic beauty. It's possible I'm just coming to accept that this is what will be built and I have to deal with that, or just that I've seen the renders so many times that it's merely out of familiarity that I'm less annoyed about it, but either way, I am liking it a little bit now.

The point of this post was just to say, that whilst realising that that amendment to the building was just thrown together, it looks even worse than the tower we're getting. It's made me realise even further that when a site is so small, any deviation from a straightforward box other than with regards to the fašade just looks clumsy. Also, we have to remember that any thing other than a box would mean less floor space and therefore less money for the developers.

Last edited by Bruce.Tenmile; June 22nd, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM   #2675
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Guys place your bets which building will be completed first 432 or wtc 2 ?
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM   #2676
fordgtman1992
Oregonian at heart

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
432. It shouldn't go on hold
fordgtman1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM   #2677
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
432 by far. It won't even be close. A more equal comparison probably would be 15 Penn Plaza or Manhattan West and 2WTC. The taller Hudson Yards tower probably has way better odds than 2WTC.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2678
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgtman1992 View Post
432. It shouldn't go on hold
Don't be too sure of that. Remember, construction on One57 ground to a halt last year until they got their funding completed.

I won't believe this thing is past the point of no return until it passes about the 30th floor.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:23 AM   #2679
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

May 2012 by Richard Berenholz

All images: http://www.432park.com/
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:57 AM   #2680
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186