daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #3121
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Mexico city has a project similiar to 432 park?
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #3122
rafark
Mirador SSC México

Location: no importa el país, somos humanos viviendo en un mismo lugar.
Likes (Received): 4439

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarch21
Mexico city has a project similiar to 432 park?
Not that similar, is a little bit smaller (250mts). What i meant is that our proyect is in the same street number as the 432 park. :encouragement:

Anyway, is always good to see these proyects in the great NY.

La grandeza de mexico esta en su futuro.

iPhone Juegos Mas

¡ NO AL FLÚOR !

Last edited by rafark; August 12th, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
rafark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #3123
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post
They are placed in the core where the lifts are? No need to fill anything after....just need to put a lift in
the only functional basket system (for steel buildings) is DCM's proprietary system. The baskets are significantly larger than the elevator shafts in the core, therefore, there is leave out steel. There are photos in this thread of a few follow up gangs installing the left out steel, deck, and shear studs as the basket rises out of the way.

as far shafts in general, they are not large enough hold tower crane mast sections. Furthermore, the mast has to be tied off the building at certain distances. There is nothing to brace to within an elevator shaft.
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #3124
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Should be a great upcoming weeks. I expect most of the site will be concrete by weeks end. It could be entirely concrete within maybe two weeks which would mean the excavators would definitely have to be gone.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #3125
325ccr

Likes (Received): 82

Here's a shot I took tonight of the Hitachi 850 at the fence. I still can't get over how sealed up this site is, maybe it's because of the blasting that went on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vinschi...n/photostream/

I also would say the concrete pad next to the parked Hitachi is for a tower crane, there was no rebar below that concrete which would make for a easy removal
325ccr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #3126
Carpenter157
local 157 nyc

Likes (Received): 0

Im not 100% sure but I think it's safe to say that that pad is not for the tower crane. From my experience the typical tower crane pad has 2 "ways" of rebar. I might be wrong though. But I'm not sure, maybe here they will just drill 4holes down to the bedrock for the support for the towercrane. Guess we will find out soon enough
Carpenter157 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #3127
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Isn't it easier to put a tower crane on a steel structure instead of a concrete structure? Steel can be easily disassembled once the crane won't be needed anymore
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #3128
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

You will need a strong foundation for the crane. This concrete structure will be part of the towers foundation or basement floor when the crane is removed.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #3129
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

yes. The concrete pad for the crane is usually designed into the foundation. Typically the erector or the concrete contractor will work with the foundation contractor ahead of time to incorporate the pad into the foundation design.

As far as tower cranes on steel. That usually only happens on steel buildings. At 250W55, the erector there erected two bays of steel first (part of the podium with additional reinforcement), then erected the tower cranes on those bays.

The only steel that is usually removed is the steel that is added at the tie-in points for the crane mast. Usually comes in the form of diagonal bracing, etc.
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #3130
600West218

They are pumping water into the big walled off area on the west side. Why would they be doing that?
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #3131
marcatio

Likes (Received): 341

Monday morning, another week at 432 Park Avenue. As I had been away, it's time for me to catch up with the progress. The Hitachi 850 that had been stationed atop the remaining bit of ramp now gone. Grading taking place on the southwest corner of the site. Column rebar for the five south tower footings placed adjacent to the footing forms for future placement. Future tower crane footing not yet placed. I believe there would be a footing with reinforcement, with an expendable tower section embedded into the footing for the future crane. The resolution of the 57th Street cam is not high enough for me to verify if the large Hitachi by the 56th Street wall has a hammer on it, possibly for the future crane footing. Also, it is not possible via the webcam to ascertain the elevation of the pad poured adjacent to the 56th Street wall to be sure if it might be for the future crane footing. Waterproofing membrane being applied adjacent to the commercial elevator area.
marcatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3132
marcatio

As working space on the site grows smaller and smaller for the big excavators,the triple-boom Hitachi EX800 has climbed up to street level via the ramp made by the other Hitachi EX850. The smaller short-swing excavator is at the entrance to the site. It is not known at this time if this means that the triple-boom Hitachi will leave the site. It would have to be broken down for transport, in any case, and most likely would be moved off site after hours. However, a bucket has been installed on the triple-boom machine, possibly for final ramp removal.

Four items that I believe are grillages (frames made of steel beams), were placed at the corners of the core. They were previously stacked to the east of the core. With the grillages gone from that area, waterproofing membrane is being prepared for placement.

Workers are installing rebar in the south tower footings. Water was pumped into the west area bound by the west perimeter wall, the short east wall, the west tower perimeter wall with pilasters and short south wall that was cast 2 weeks ago. The reason for filling this area with water is unknown.

A worker is seen atop the "mystery" pad at 56th Street, shooting elevations from a transit.
Update: Red paint marks were made on the pad, and the drill that had been used for drilling the tendon holes has returned. It may be that this pad will be for the crane. The small short-tailswing excavator has just been loaded onto a lowboy for removal from the site.

11:32 AM (EST) - Rebar being unloaded from the flatbed truck with the triple-boom Hitachi. Drilling proceeding on the 56th Street pad.

Last edited by marcatio; August 13th, 2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Addition
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #3133
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61051

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
Four items that I believe are grillages (frames made of steel beams), were placed at the corners of the core.
These are most likely the bases of the 4 elevator shafts on the corners inside the core.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #3134
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
They are pumping water into the big walled off area on the west side. Why would they be doing that?
maybe they will need that much water quickly later, or maybe it's to provide pressure against some other body of water, or maybe because the setting concrete under it will absorb it ?
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #3135
marcatio

The first of the five south tower footings has had its reinforcement and column reinforcement installed; the second footing is having its column reinforcement installed. These two footings will have their concrete poured soon, perhaps today, as the Hitachi excavator has "tested" its reach with its turned-around bucket. At the street, rebar unloading has completed.Workers are resetting the barriers on 56th Street, in preparation to pour the two footings. The footings are now being poured.

I'm going out on a limb here. As I think about the 56th Street pad, I am sure it will be the footing for the future crane. I believe that the pad is being drilled to accept grouted anchor bolts, to which the base tower section would be anchored. Again, time will tell.

Last edited by marcatio; August 13th, 2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: addition
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #3136
325ccr

Likes (Received): 82

Jenna is on site with trucks and the Hitachi is pouring the footing
325ccr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #3137
marcatio

It might be a rainy day around 432 Park Avenue. The drill used to drill the 56th Street pad has just been walked up the steep ramp, assisted by the Hitachi 850. Barricades at the site entrance has been reconfigured, and the triple-boom Hitachi EX800 has a bucket, so I am guessing that truck loading may occur.

6:23AM (EST) - Truck loading has begun. Trucks are being loaded at the street, and material is being relayed from the Hitachi EX850 at the lower level to the triple-boom excavator at the street.

Last edited by marcatio; August 14th, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: addition
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #3138
Greatdane

Likes (Received): 47

looks like they are slowly getting rid of the ramp. i wonder how long both of the large excavators will stay there?

Also a bit off topic but is there any other skyscraper projects that have construction cams as im thoroughly enjoying watching this one!
Greatdane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3139
marcatio

Tendons, much shorter than those used for the tower footings, have arrived, along with the grout mixer. These tendons will be installed in the 56th Street pad that was drilled yesterday. Most likely, a footing will be formed and poured for the climbing tower crane.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #3140
600West218

what is the big equipment being offloaded right now? Is that the grout mixer? I would have that that was there all along

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall