daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #3341
325ccr

Likes (Received): 82

Looks like the excavation might run into morning tomorrow. Will be interesting to see the disassembly of the Hitachi on the street from the cam
325ccr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #3342
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Yeah, they definitely won't finish today. Could even go into Saturday though being a holiday weekend I would hope they would finish tomorrow, otherwise it might be Tuesday.

BTW, they actually have to disassemble it? They can't just load it on a truck as it is too wide? Are for me to tell from the cam if it is wider than a street lane.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #3343
325ccr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Yeah, they definitely won't finish today. Could even go into Saturday though being a holiday weekend I would hope they would finish tomorrow, otherwise it might be Tuesday.

BTW, they actually have to disassemble it? They can't just load it on a truck as it is too wide? Are for me to tell from the cam if it is wider than a street lane.
They have to take the some of the boom off, the triple boom is just to long for a trailer. as for the rest of the machine dis-assembly, i'm pretty sure Mayrich doesn't disassemble them, the night they took out the 850, I was there a few hours before and it was fully assembled.
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:00 PM   #3344
Rich-E36

Likes (Received): 5

Just been checking for planned road closures for 56st and cant seem to find any for September. Maybe the crane is further away than we first thought.

Last edited by Rich-E36; August 31st, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM   #3345
marcatio

Likes (Received): 341

6:06AM (EST)-There's every likelihood that the digging will finish today. However, we won't see it, or the departure of the Hitachi (unless they get it fixed soon), because yet again, the Park Avenue cam is down. I wonder if it's done on purpose.
marcatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:37 PM   #3346
Jongeheer

Likes (Received): 217

works fine over here..
Jongeheer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:46 PM   #3347
600West218

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
6:06AM (EST)-There's every likelihood that the digging will finish today. However, we won't see it, or the departure of the Hitachi (unless they get it fixed soon), because yet again, the Park Avenue cam is down. I wonder if it's done on purpose.
It is working right now

Not much to go. Gosh the site looks so nice and clean right now. Hope someone is getting screenshots of this.
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:47 PM   #3348
Rich-E36

Working well now. I wonder if they will be finished today.
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3349
600West218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-E36 View Post
Just been checking for planned road closures for 56st and cant seem to find any for September. Maybe the crane is further away than we first thought.
One very scary thought to me is they are only doing this part of the project right now and won't proceed further without something like more financing or sales lined up so that this will in effect be going on hold. There are a few foundations just like this laying around Manhattan.

I really hope that is not the case.
Old August 31st, 2012, 04:09 PM   #3350
Rich-E36

Quote:
One very scary thought to me is they are only doing this part of the project right now and won't proceed further without something like more financing or sales lined up so that this will in effect be going on hold. There are a few foundations just like this laying around Manhattan.

maybe a couple more weeks then this will be fenced off and left for a while.

I reakon they are not far from finishing the excavation now, the mound has nearly gone on the 57st cam.

Last edited by Rich-E36; August 31st, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:34 PM   #3351
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

so this project is going "on hold?" I hope not it, it seems like it wouldn't have been in their plans to have all these live cameras operating if it were to go on hold..
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:39 PM   #3352
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

As of now there is no information about an on hold scenario, so it isn't going on hold

and I agree with you that they wouldn't bother with all the cams if they planned it to be on hold
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:59 PM   #3353
325ccr

The bucket of the Hitachi is on the street, maybe we will see it leave tonight?

Edit: Bucket is back on, looks like it will remain

Here's a video from Wednesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kx7b...1&feature=plcp

Last edited by 325ccr; August 31st, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:30 AM   #3354
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

It would totally suck if this project went on"hold" I know i've heard other users say, they clean the site all up, then it gets put on hold... I hope not. I plan on visiting soon as 1wtc observation deck is opened, love to be able to see this one in person, even if It can be seen from the observation deck of the trade center,, means they made some good progress, hopefully if they have a green light this sucker rises very quickly.. Like I mentioned it would be kind of weird for them to place all these cameras around to let "us" see this thing rise, if they knew it would likely be put "on hold" Just my opinion.
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:43 AM   #3355
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Well "on hold" in this case means most likely just waiting for another contractor so I wouldn't cry on this one yet.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM   #3356
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:

It's very possible that it's not financed yet, and they're building only the six story retail portion at this time. That's the only structure for which CIM has filed a permit. Nevertheless, this clearly will rise.

Last edited by RobertWalpole; September 1st, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:43 PM   #3357
600West218

Shit. That totally sucks.

There is no guarantee it is getting built. Even Torre Verve and others can't get built and One57 only got financing at te last minute. There can't be an unlimited market for hugely expensive residential real estate.

Totally sucks. I thought they had it all lined up to go to the top.
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:09 PM   #3358
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

I'm not that pessimistic...i'm sure this one will be build
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM   #3359
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Shit. That totally sucks.

There is no guarantee it is getting built. Even Torre Verve and others can't get built and One57 only got financing at te last minute. There can't be an unlimited market for hugely expensive residential real estate.

Totally sucks. I thought they had it all lined up to go to the top.
By a lot of measures the high end market in New York is stronger now than it was in 2007. The demand for these units is there, but credit markets are still tight, so it's harder to get several hundred millions dollars worth of construction financing than it is sell the completed units, or rent them if the building happens to be a rental. Look at One57. Final price tag is about $1B, and the building has already sold $1B worth of apartments, and isn't even sold out yet, plus that doesn't take into consideration hotel revenues.

Bottom line, the developer wouldn't be spending millions on the foundation if they weren't confident in their ability to line up financing and finish the tower.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM   #3360
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
I'm not that pessimistic...i'm sure this one will be build
I'm also sure that it will be built, as I'm sure that 2 WTC, 3 WTC, 15 Penn, Broofield's Manhattan West, Torre Verre, and London's Helter Skelter all will rise. However, this could easily stop at the retail base for a while before the tower rises. As noted, there's no permit re: the actual tower.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall