daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM   #3381
Rich-E36

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Yes. It's the end of summer Labor Day holiday.
oh i see that makes sense, well have a nice day then
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #3382
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Cheers. You too, mate. Didn't the same holiday occur last weekend in the UK?
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #3383
Rich-E36

Quote:
Cheers. You too, mate. Didn't the same holiday occur last weekend in the UK?
Yer we had Monday off for our August bank holiday.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #3384
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

Quote:
It's very possible that it's not financed yet, and they're building only the six story retail portion at this time. That's the only structure for which CIM has filed a permit. Nevertheless, this clearly will rise.
You sure no permits have been approved? Unless I'm mistaken it seems like they're cleared to go on the DOB website.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...llnumbhous=440

I can't speak to the status of the financing component however...
sbarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM   #3385
RobertWalpole
BANNED

I misspoke. You're correct, SBarn. Thanks.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM   #3386
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

Happy to share some good news. Cheers.
sbarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:30 PM   #3387
RobertWalpole
BANNED

I assume that it is financed, since they filed this permit on 31 Aug 2012:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3388
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwanda View Post
My opinion is that NYC is beautiful *precisely* because it tears down and builds anew.

The ESB, Chrysler, and countless others are in no danger of destruction. Their commercial and aesthetic value are too great. They stand, the others can fall, and new ESBs and Chryslers may be built in their place.
I'm not talking about a few iconic scrapers and buildings from the art-deco period or whatnot. I'm talking about miles of unbroken low to mid rise beauties that would have given pre-war london a run for its money! Have you seen photos of NY from that period?

However, as I said, NY probably made some kind of unspoken decision to forget the past in favor of creating space for expanding commerce. If it had not who knows if it would have achieved the same status in the US or the world.

HK is another example but far more extreme. It's skyline is beautiful in its modernity, but the old colonial stock that they replaced were far nicer on street level. It made a similar choice to become a financial hub and go ahead with modern development, forced upwards like NY due to its limiting geography but it went much farther for various reasons.. Thankfully NY didn't lose many of its older buildings, but sadly it lost enough beauties that were replaced by awful towers to make a major difference in midtown.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM   #3389
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Did you see the buildings torn town for 1715 Broadway and 250W55th? They were hideous. And a few other ugly and mediocre buildings were also torn town recently.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #3390
Strykr

Likes (Received): 31

WSJ Article from May 29, 2012 with regards to financing for the tower.

"CIM Group is expected to close in June on the financing for its planned 1,395-foot residential tower on the site of the old Drake Hotel in Midtown, according to people familiar with the matter."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...645869506.html
Strykr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #3391
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6558

Looks like great news!

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #3392
Rich-E36

Thats brilliant news, Looks like the Park Av cam is down again.
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #3393
Carpenter157
local 157 nyc

Likes (Received): 0

Without actually going down to the site and talking to somebody, does anybody know if there is any way of finding out who the contractor is that will be doing the upper structure
Carpenter157 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #3394
Rich-E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter157 View Post
Without actually going down to the site and talking to somebody, does anybody know if there is any way of finding out who the contractor is that will be doing the upper structure
i have read the main contractor is to be McGraw Hudson Construction Corporation

Edit: Park Avenue cam is now working again.

Last edited by Rich-E36; September 4th, 2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3395
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Ughhh, still scooping out dirt. This is really dragging out. At this pace I don't see how they'll get to street level by year end.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3396
Rich-E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Ughhh, still scooping out dirt. This is really dragging out. At this pace I don't see how they'll get to street level by year end.
Thats what i thought they must be near the end now, Some truck loads of stone has gone in and i am sure i saw them lower in a skid stear digger.
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #3397
MrSlippery519

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Patience, this last part was always going to take extra time given the tight surroundings. I am still thinking the foundation work will be finished this week.
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #3398
DZH22

Likes (Received): 2092

I know I have asked this before, but if they are still digging, why is this in the U/C thread and not categorized as "prep"?
DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #3399
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Higher Tower, Higher Prices: Is 432 Park Avenue Upping Its Asking Prices?
By Kim Velsey

Prices may rise in tandem with the tower.
With everyone else tacking on millions to the asks for their apartments, we guess 432 Park Avenue wanted to get in on the action, even if the most soaring of soaring residential towers has yet to break ground. Why should One57 and 15 Central Park West rake in all the cash? Especially when 432 Park Avenue is set to be the tallest residential building in the city at 1,395 feet?
In her weekly luxury market report, Donna Olshan of Donna Olshan Realty writes that sources tell her that the blended average asking price in the building will be about $5,800-a-square foot. Last we heard (when The Wall Street Journal snagged a brochure for the luxury high-rise this June), the average ask was at $4,500-a-square foot. One57 is still more expensive even with the price increase, offering some bargain prices of around $3,500-a-square foot on the lower levels, but charging as much as $13,000-a-sqaure foot for the penthouse (which is currently in contract for somewhere north of $90 million).

Of course, we’d expect some more price adjustments before sales start at the Harry Macklowe/CIM project (although Ms. Olshan said that the building is due to come on the market as soon as this fall!). Even One57, which just recently topped out, scrambled to bump their asking prices up after Sandy Weill sold his 15 CPW penthouse for $88 million last December.

So what kinds of luxuries and amenities can residents at the 117-unit building expect? Designed by Rafael Viñoly with interiors by Deborah Berke, the building is set to offer residents onsite housekeeping, valet parking, a 75-foot pool, a yoga studio, a fitness center, a billiards room, a children’s playroom, a screening room, six elevators, a landscaped sculpture garden and a a 64-seat private restaurant that opens onto a huge terrace. Also, owners will be able to buy offices below the 34th floor for those who hate to walk/take a Town Car to work.

Not that anyone will be seeing any of these touches anytime soon. The building is not expected to be finished until 2015.

[email protected]
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #3400
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Quote:
Higher Tower, Higher Prices: Is 432 Park Avenue Upping Its Asking Prices?
By Kim Velsey

Prices may rise in tandem with the tower.
With everyone else tacking on millions to the asks for their apartments, we guess 432 Park Avenue wanted to get in on the action, even if the most soaring of soaring residential towers has yet to break ground. Why should One57 and 15 Central Park West rake in all the cash? Especially when 432 Park Avenue is set to be the tallest residential building in the city at 1,395 feet?
In her weekly luxury market report, Donna Olshan of Donna Olshan Realty writes that sources tell her that the blended average asking price in the building will be about $5,800-a-square foot. Last we heard (when The Wall Street Journal snagged a brochure for the luxury high-rise this June), the average ask was at $4,500-a-square foot. One57 is still more expensive even with the price increase, offering some bargain prices of around $3,500-a-square foot on the lower levels, but charging as much as $13,000-a-sqaure foot for the penthouse (which is currently in contract for somewhere north of $90 million).

Of course, we’d expect some more price adjustments before sales start at the Harry Macklowe/CIM project (although Ms. Olshan said that the building is due to come on the market as soon as this fall!). Even One57, which just recently topped out, scrambled to bump their asking prices up after Sandy Weill sold his 15 CPW penthouse for $88 million last December.

So what kinds of luxuries and amenities can residents at the 117-unit building expect? Designed by Rafael Viñoly with interiors by Deborah Berke, the building is set to offer residents onsite housekeeping, valet parking, a 75-foot pool, a yoga studio, a fitness center, a billiards room, a children’s playroom, a screening room, six elevators, a landscaped sculpture garden and a a 64-seat private restaurant that opens onto a huge terrace. Also, owners will be able to buy offices below the 34th floor for those who hate to walk/take a Town Car to work.

Not that anyone will be seeing any of these touches anytime soon. The building is not expected to be finished until 2015.

[email protected]

Let me get this straight - a yoga room, a billiards room and kids play room are supposed to convince rich people that a residence here is worth tens of millions of dollars.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall