daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 13th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #3501
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBOY1975
Will be watching this baby rising from a distance where I am thats for sure, will get pics and vids just you wait!!!

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/QUEENSNY121?feature=mhee
Can't wait NYBOY!

Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #3502
Rich-E36

Likes (Received): 5

Park avenue cam is down yet again so we cant see what happening with regard to deliveries or things leaving the site. So far i have only seen 1 person.
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #3503
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Looks like the cherry picker might be gone. Also, I see a few people on the 56th street fencing looking like they might be getting ready to take it down. Do they even change construction trailers when they change contractors?

Amazingly clean site.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3504
Rich-E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Looks like the cherry picker might be gone. Also, I see a few people on the 56th street fencing looking like they might be getting ready to take it down. Do they even change construction trailers when they change contractors?

Amazingly clean site.
I would of thought they would leave the fencing as it prevents people falling into the foundation. When you say construction trailer do you mean the site cabin above the footpath, if so then i would imagine they would take it with them and let the next contractor set up there own as they will need much bigger office and welfare facilities.
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #3505
600West218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-E36 View Post
I would of thought they would leave the fencing as it prevents people falling into the foundation. When you say construction trailer do you mean the site cabin above the footpath, if so then i would imagine they would take it with them and let the next contractor set up there own as they will need much bigger office and welfare facilities.
Yes, what you say makes complete sense. I am sure they must leave some sort of fencing. Though I would like it if it was modified. Currently they have gone to great leanghs to make it almost impossible to get any pictures of the site. I guess they don't want anything competing with their webcams.
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #3506
Rich-E36

Quote:
Yes, what you say makes complete sense. I am sure they must leave some sort of fencing. Though I would like it if it was modified. Currently they have gone to great leanghs to make it almost impossible to get any pictures of the site. I guess they don't want anything competing with their webcams.
Maybe the next contractor will adjust it as there will be many more deliveries and workers to allow for. I just wish they make the Park Av cam more reliable because i still think the cherrypicker is there but in the zone that camera covers.

Edit: the cherrypicker has just rolled into view on the 56st Camera.
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #3507
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

It looks like an empty stage and we are here waiting patiently for the next act.
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #3508
Rich-E36

The cherrypicker is working its way round the top of the retaining wall making it ready for future connections. Some workers appear to be surveying the area of the main columns as when i zoom in on the camera i can see coloured paints on the floor next to them. I wouldn't be supprised if they finish on site tomorrow.
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #3509
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

It's a cherrypicker? I thought the small blue vehicle is an excavator, LOL, my bad

Btw, Park cam still down
Old September 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #3510
Rich-E36

Wonder what today will bring, the cabin light has just come on and i have noticed the template for the crane base has moved. unfortunately the park av cam is still down so can see the triple boom but can still see the cherrypicker.
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3511
600West218

Right now it looks like it is being inspected as there are lots of guys in bright vests just walking around seemingly looking at things and measuring.
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #3512
Rich-E36

Quote:
Right now it looks like it is being inspected as there are lots of guys in bright vests just walking around seemingly looking at things and measuring.
Seems like the measuring is a continuation from yesterday. I got my hopes up that the crane was coming as the template has been removed but there are still no road closure notice on the internet. There is one for 46st between Park Av and madiston avenue for crane works so i hope they just got 46st wrong.
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #3513
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

the inspection continues around the spot where the crane will be located and around the former road to it through the former ramp. Will the big Hitachi carry parts of the crane into the pit? The Park cam is still down, so I can't even see whether it is still next to the site. I wasn't at the forum and the cams for about a week, so it is possible that I may have missed its departure
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #3514
600West218

I don't think the excavator gets involved with the crane. I think they have a big mobile crane set up on the street put in place the actual construction crane.

I hate all this little in between stuff that seems to drag out indefinitely.

I do have to admit I find this foundation quite attractive. It is so clean and looks so precise on the webcam. I'll miss it as it gets filled in... but fill it in already guys
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #3515
Rich-E36

yer once they are ready for the crane the street will be closed off and a mobile crane will be brought in to assembly the site crane. Mast sections will be brought in and installed then the cab and winch assembly on top of the mast then the main jib will be assembled in the street and lifted into position. I believe once the cherrypicker is done with they will remove it from the hole with the triple boom and then remove the triple boom from site.
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #3516
Topher51

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
The 28 day rules really just for standard concrete, this site will probably have hardeners added to the mix to give strength fast.
28 days is the typical length of time for standard concrete to reach it's design strength. However, it gets to about 3/4 the design strength in 7 days and in concrete framed high rises, they add high early strength admixtures that will get to 3/4 strength in 3 days.

Once they get past the first few floors above grade (which tend to be the non-typical floors), they could potentially be adding a new floor every 3 days. It is dependant on if they can build their forms and and place the reiforcing quickly enough though. This tower's footprint isn't that big, so it is possible.

Generally speaking, of course. I have no inside information on this particular project. Just standard practices for buildings like it.
Topher51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3517
600West218

I am really looking forward to seeing how the forms get built on this project. I've always wondered what is involved with that and seeing a cam video of that should be quite interesting.
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #3518
GeoDude
GeoDude

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Seems like the measuring is a continuation from yesterday. I got my hopes up that the crane was coming as the template has been removed but there are still no road closure notice on the internet. There is one for 46st between Park Av and madiston avenue for crane works so i hope they just got 46st wrong.
unfortunately i dont think their mention of 46th was incorrect. i walked by there just under an hour ago and there is construction happening on the road right in front of the old bear stearns building (now JPM).

@Chaserino
Architecture & Travel

USA - Canada - Mexico - Costa Rica - Brazil - Peru - Australia - New Zealand - China - England - France - Netherlands - Spain - Italy - Germany - Monaco - Vatican City - Czech Republic - Hungary - Turkey - Denmark - Sweden - Morocco - Portugal - Switzerland - Greece - Austria - Liechtenstein - Cyprus - Croatia - Belgium - Slovakia - United Arab Emirates - Poland - Ukraine - Romania - Ireland - Malta - Vietnam - Myanmar - Japan - India - Slovenia - South Africa - Zimbabwe - Zambia - Botswana - Israel
GeoDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #3519
600West218

The cherry picker is on site and I think that means the excavator is as well. I think they need it there as they could have punch list items that they need to remedy after today's inspection.
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #3520
Costa&Ribeiro

Likes (Received): 37

I heard some rumors that CIM want to change the building crappy design, does anyone have more information about it?
Costa&Ribeiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall