daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 4th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #3841
Greatdane

Likes (Received): 47

i dont think theres been any pouring for a while now
Greatdane no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #3842
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatdane
i dont think theres been any pouring for a while now
I know, i don't think that too...it just looks like that
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #3843
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Actually, it looks like they should be getting ready to do some pouring. Maybe the latter part of next week?
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #3844
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I expect that the core will experience a pour next week, though so far I don't see any preparations at the perimeter columns
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #3845
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

These days they are loading all stuff on the site.
Progress today.
About 8:30 this morning:
[IMG]http://i46.************/ei8ie0.jpg[/IMG]
Now:
[IMG]http://i46.************/30rmct2.jpg[/IMG]
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #3846
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I expect that the core will experience a pour next week, though so far I don't see any preparations at the perimeter columns
I do not think they have made any new pours on the core...
I agree it will be next week unless they do some pour tomorrow...often they will do this on Friday so it can set over the weekend

they have set a fair amount of vertical rebar in both the tower perimeter columns on the 57 st side, garage columns around the electrical cabinet and in the retail building basement on 57.
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #3847
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Thanks for the screen shots!!! Does the floor slab concrete also get rebar or is that only for the beams?

I still don't get how the get rid of the wood once they pour the concrete. I would think it would all be stuck together.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #3848
MrSlippery519

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Actually, it looks like they should be getting ready to do some pouring. Maybe the latter part of next week?
Supposed to be Wednesday however that was as of early this week so things may have changed.

Either way sometime next week should see concrete on a few sections, the core as well as the small section along 56th
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #3849
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Thanks for the screen shots!!! Does the floor slab concrete also get rebar or is that only for the beams?

I still don't get how the get rid of the wood once they pour the concrete. I would think it would all be stuck together.
If the concrete is dry the wood is easy to remove I think.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #3850
Jongeheer

Likes (Received): 217

Floor slabs normally also get rebar. Maybe they'll use prefabricated slabs, for that extra boost?
Jongeheer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #3851
Rich-E36

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongeheer View Post
Floor slabs normally also get rebar. Maybe they'll use prefabricated slabs, for that extra boost?
They will be pouring a conventional slab for the floor as the have placed the timber shuttering. They already have some re bar up there ready for laying out. They will prob lay the rebar just before the pour as its difficult to walk around with the bars laid out.
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #3852
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I must say that this looks cool. Assuming that 225 W 57th is as tall (or taller), it and 432 will be nice Central Park bookends with "mere" 300m towers (One 57 and Torre Verre) in between!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/re...ealestate&_r=0

Big Deal

Another Tower for the New York Skyline

By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO

Published: October 4, 2012

THE skyline-altering battle over bragging rights and superlatives in Manhattan real estate will heat up soon as construction gets under way on the 95-story tower at Park Avenue and East 56th Street.

FOOT RACE The 95-story tower planned for the Drake Hotel site will be the city’s tallest apartment building.

Just shy of 1,397 feet, 432 Park Avenue will be the city’s tallest apartment building when it is completed in a few years, soaring past its next-highest competitor, One57, by almost 400 feet. The apartments will be large, and very expensive, with an 8,255-square-foot six-bedroom penthouse on the 95th floor being listed for $82.55 million, according to the condominium’s offering plan.

The Park Avenue tower’s 147 residential units, which have already undergone two price increases totaling 3 percent, are being listed, when counted together, for $2.43 billion, a record for a residential development, appraisers say.

But who will be able to claim credit for the slender structure being designed by the Uruguayan-born architect Rafael Viñoly?

Will it be Harry B. Macklowe, the legendary developer who has survived a roller-coaster career of highs and lows? Or the CIM Group, the Los Angeles-based real estate investment company that acquired the land, on the site of the old Drake Hotel, after Mr. Macklowe defaulted on his loan in 2007?

Both are listed in the tower’s offering plan. While some real estate executives in New York are embracing a familiar narrative for the famously risk-loving Mr. Macklowe for staging yet another comeback, just how involved he will be in the building’s development — and eventual profits — remains a mystery to outsiders.

“That is one of the best-kept secrets out there right now,” said Andrew Gerringer, head of new business development at Marketing Directors, a real estate marketing company. “At the end of the day he had really no say in what was going to happen to that property. He was lucky he has any part of that deal. He was going to lose the property entirely.”

Real estate consultants and one person involved with the project believe that Mr. Macklowe will be able to share in the glory, but with little to no chance for outsize financial gains if 432 Park Avenue becomes a roaring success on the scale of, say, 15 Central Park West.

A more likely scenario, real estate consultants said, is that Mr. Macklowe is acting as a consultant or “fee developer” on 432 Park Avenue, lending his expertise for an upfront fee or salary.

Neither CIM Group nor Mr. Macklowe would comment on his role in 432 Park. The development has yet to set up a sales center, although discussions are already under way with potential buyers, brokers said. Foundation work is wrapping up, and the building will soon start to rise.
That Mr. Macklowe, 75, has been able to claw back time and again speaks as much to his never-say-die nature as it does to the clubby world of powerful New York developers, who seem to find lenders willing to bet on them time and again....

Last edited by RobertWalpole; October 5th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #3853
GeoDude
GeoDude

Likes (Received): 206

best render i have seen so far

@Chaserino
Architecture & Travel

USA - Canada - Mexico - Costa Rica - Brazil - Peru - Australia - New Zealand - China - England - France - Netherlands - Spain - Italy - Germany - Monaco - Vatican City - Czech Republic - Hungary - Turkey - Denmark - Sweden - Morocco - Portugal - Switzerland - Greece - Austria - Liechtenstein - Cyprus - Croatia - Belgium - Slovakia - United Arab Emirates - Poland - Ukraine - Romania - Ireland - Malta - Vietnam - Myanmar - Japan - India - Slovenia - South Africa - Zimbabwe - Zambia - Botswana - Israel
GeoDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3854
singoone
€ Scraping the sky €

Likes (Received): 666

Looks awesome at that render. Totally fits in skyline IMO. Great article though.
singoone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #3855
kingsdl76

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
I must say that this looks cool. Assuming that 225 W 57th is as tall (or taller), it and 432 will be nice Central Park bookends with "mere" 300m towers (One 57 and Torre Verre) in between!

WOW.. In my opinion, this building will take the NYC skyline past what it was pre 9-11. One World Trade 'restores' its former glory but this building will take the skyline beyond what is was.. congratulations NY on the rise of this awesome building!
kingsdl76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #3856
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I look forward to seeing this site in a five years with the following supertalls added: 225 W 57th, 432 Park, Torre Verre, and HY North, HY South, and HY Res Tower 1. Maybe by that time 15 Penn, Manhattan West, and the Grand Central supertall on 42nd St will be u/c too.

image hosted on flickr

Lydia2222

Quote:

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #3857
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61044

How long does it usually take in New York to get a tower, up, certified and running?

It's the 5th day in a row that the people are working on the machinery and it hasn't been used to lift materials left. I think, compared to other cranes I've seen installed worldwide that it takes very long for this one to get ready.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #3858
Fabio1976

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:

Big Deal

Another Tower for the New York Skyline

By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO

Published: October 4, 2012

THE skyline-altering battle over bragging rights and superlatives in Manhattan real estate will heat up soon as construction gets under way on the 95-story tower at Park Avenue and East 56th Street.

FOOT RACE The 95-story tower planned for the Drake Hotel site will be the city’s tallest apartment building.

Just shy of 1,397 feet, 432 Park Avenue will be the city’s tallest apartment building when it is completed in a few years, soaring past its next-highest competitor, One57, by almost 400 feet. The apartments will be large, and very expensive, with an 8,255-square-foot six-bedroom penthouse on the 95th floor being listed for $82.55 million, according to the condominium’s offering plan.

The Park Avenue tower’s 147 residential units, which have already undergone two price increases totaling 3 percent, are being listed, when counted together, for $2.43 billion, a record for a residential development, appraisers say.

But who will be able to claim credit for the slender structure being designed by the Uruguayan-born architect Rafael Viñoly?

Will it be Harry B. Macklowe, the legendary developer who has survived a roller-coaster career of highs and lows? Or the CIM Group, the Los Angeles-based real estate investment company that acquired the land, on the site of the old Drake Hotel, after Mr. Macklowe defaulted on his loan in 2007?

Both are listed in the tower’s offering plan. While some real estate executives in New York are embracing a familiar narrative for the famously risk-loving Mr. Macklowe for staging yet another comeback, just how involved he will be in the building’s development — and eventual profits — remains a mystery to outsiders.

“That is one of the best-kept secrets out there right now,” said Andrew Gerringer, head of new business development at Marketing Directors, a real estate marketing company. “At the end of the day he had really no say in what was going to happen to that property. He was lucky he has any part of that deal. He was going to lose the property entirely.”

Real estate consultants and one person involved with the project believe that Mr. Macklowe will be able to share in the glory, but with little to no chance for outsize financial gains if 432 Park Avenue becomes a roaring success on the scale of, say, 15 Central Park West.

A more likely scenario, real estate consultants said, is that Mr. Macklowe is acting as a consultant or “fee developer” on 432 Park Avenue, lending his expertise for an upfront fee or salary.

Neither CIM Group nor Mr. Macklowe would comment on his role in 432 Park. The development has yet to set up a sales center, although discussions are already under way with potential buyers, brokers said. Foundation work is wrapping up, and the building will soon start to rise.
That Mr. Macklowe, 75, has been able to claw back time and again speaks as much to his never-say-die nature as it does to the clubby world of powerful New York developers, who seem to find lenders willing to bet on them time and again....
95 floors ?????
Fabio1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #3859
parsonsnose
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
How long does it usually take in New York to get a tower, up, certified and running?

It's the 5th day in a row that the people are working on the machinery and it hasn't been used to lift materials left. I think, compared to other cranes I've seen installed worldwide that it takes very long for this one to get ready.
I was wondering if they had a problem with the crane too.
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #3860
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5222

95 stories? Woohoo! That sounds perfect!

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall