daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #4421
MrSlippery519

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
In the near future, the crane will be jumped. Just barely visible on the Park Av cam, a truck has arrived with tower sections, with one tower section already offloaded. To bad that 56St cam remains inoperable, the jumping procedure would have interesting to see from the 56St side.
I hope that cam is back up soon, I noticed the sections as well. Looks like there are quite a few being offloaded.
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #4422
nycfann1

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77

One question, in the eastern face the building is fixed with that small old building, so the eastern windows open directly over that building. Don't they at least had to buy the air rights of that building to prevent a future, taller building to obstruct the said windows? How does that work?
1700 ft would have looked completely unproportional compared to the rest of midtown. On the other hand, it might have spurred developers into overtaking this building and eventually might have resulted in a megatall in midtown!
nycfann1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #4423
Rich-E36

Likes (Received): 5

6 sections in total on site so a crane jump coming up at the weekend i reakon.
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #4424
marcatio

Likes (Received): 341

After the drill appeared several days ago, tendons are to be installed into the bottom slab in the northeast corner. Just now, the hole drilled earlier has been blown out with compressed air in preparation for the tendon installation. It is not known how many holes were drilled, or how many tendons will be installed.
marcatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #4425
tmybr11

Likes (Received): 0

The buildings they are gonna torn down are historical and have a beautiful style. If the tower project were at least gorgeous, then perhaps I would understand, but it's not. It's a super tall tower, which seems awfully thin.
tmybr11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #4426
MrSlippery519

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
After the drill appeared several days ago, tendons are to be installed into the bottom slab in the northeast corner. Just now, the hole drilled earlier has been blown out with compressed air in preparation for the tendon installation. It is not known how many holes were drilled, or how many tendons will be installed.
Any guess what for? Another smaller crane maybe to help until the entire retails section is completed maybe?
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #4427
marcatio

MrSlippery519,

"Any guess what for? Another smaller crane maybe to help until the entire retails section is completed maybe?"

I do not believe another crane will be installed. I could be totally wrong about such an assumption, but do not believe so, for the reason that crane choice and placement is designed early in the design development phase. What I think is, is that perhaps there was a change order in order to accommodate loads not anticipated, or perhaps an error was made during foundation construction, requiring remediation by the foundation contractor. These are just guesses on my part, as I do not really know the reason. In any case, the area was drilled for tendon installation.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #4428
marcatio

It appears that crane is being prepared to jump. One new tower section is on the trolley hoist, which is located just below the slewing ring. The new section to be inserted is seen adjacent to the climbing frame. The crane boom is lowered, and is carrying a tower section on the hoist line, for balance. The climbing frame will be raised, and the new tower section will be rolled into the climbing frame.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #4429
Greatdane

Likes (Received): 47

Yup, looks like they are about to jump the crane now, will be great to see it in action! pity the park ave cam is down

Greatdane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #4430
marcatio

It looks like the crane won't jump after all today. The tower section is no longer on the trolley hoist, and has been replaced with the other sections. Perhaps it was just a test. With daylight hours coming to a close, I thought it unusual to start such a procedure so late in the afternoon.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #4431
Coddington
... Coddi ...

Likes (Received): 262

Could someone make screenshots of the jump?
Coddington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #4432
Rich-E36

Likes (Received): 5

The cam back online and zoomed in a little comapred to previous.
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4433
marcatio

I am disappointed. After having the 56St cam down for a few days, It came back on, however, it is by EarthCam, and the view narrowed considerably from the previous cam view. I wonder why the cam was down in the first place, which was much clearer than the new one, and I wonder why it has been replaced with a view that is not as encompassing as the previous.

I thought perhaps the cam was originally down for relocation as the building rises.
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #4434
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Likes (Received): 5422

Good chance the crane will rise during the weekend.
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4435
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Actually I kind of like the zoom as you can see the action better. Though I think the resolution is better. Maybe they lowered the resolution to save money.

But you can still see all the key action well, you just may have to switch cams to see everything.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #4436
marcatio

The 56St cam is down yet again, after being up briefly. I preferred this view of the previous cam:

You saw more of the entire site within one view, and it was easier to see progress daily.

Maybe the new cam is being repositioned, since down? Actually the resolution on the 56St. EarthCam is a bit better than the other two cams. Let's hope the 56St cam returns soon. It would be better for watching the crane jump, which will be soon.
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #4437
wespje1990

Likes (Received): 805

HOLY CRAP THEY ARE BUiLDING IT??

impressive!
wespje1990 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #4438
Ed007Toronto

Likes (Received): 71

Yes they are building it!

MyMiniCity
http://ed007ville.myminicity.com/ind
Ed007Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4439
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

This is how the 56th cam looks like right now.
[IMG]http://i49.************/oh1xdg.png[/IMG]
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4440
Greatdane

Likes (Received): 47

For the first time they are building something from 57th street. Looks like a cover for the walkway for now, but not sure what thats going to lead to?

Greatdane no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall