daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #5721
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5334

At least they have managed to remove all the snow on the core.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #5722
DinoVabec
Worldwide
 
DinoVabec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 5,900
Likes (Received): 752

Ne update

















All pics from the http://www.432parkavenue.com/new-con...res/2013/1428/
__________________
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know.
-Roger H. Lincoln
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #5723
600West218
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1574

Wow, wow, wow, some of those shots have an amazing quantity of rebar. It is impressive how much steel is used in a "concrete" structure :-)
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #5724
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!
 
The-Real-Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 752
Likes (Received): 300

Wow, fantastic shots. It's definately amazing how complex the core formwork is. But that finished concrete looks so nice, let alone the outer walls finally losing their blueness.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #5725
Swiddle
Registered User
 
Swiddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 912
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
What is the purpose of those plastic "wheels"?
Swiddle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #5726
Kycon
Registered User
 
Kycon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiddle View Post
What is the purpose of those plastic "wheels"?
It prevents the formwork to be in contact with the column reinforcement...you'd hate to be ripping out some of that reinforcement when you take off the forms.

Last edited by Kycon; February 12th, 2013 at 07:11 AM.
Kycon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #5727
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2
 
bigreach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,370
Likes (Received): 739

Great shots 600 west, looks like you spent some time freezing your ass off to give us crisp up-close pics, good job and well appreciated,, the black and white photos by DinoVabec show tons of materials on site, are those older or newer, because from 432 cam it looks a lot more spacious, I can only see the web site at night, because I work everyday till it's dark,, so I can't tell if those are recent photos by dinovabec or older? If there newer, their sure working their asses off on this project.
__________________
Rooftops over Spires/Antennas/
Rooftops, someplace where you can look over the edge, can't do that climbing a needle.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #5728
DinoVabec
Worldwide
 
DinoVabec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 5,900
Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Great shots 600 west, looks like you spent some time freezing your ass off to give us crisp up-close pics, good job and well appreciated,, the black and white photos by DinoVabec show tons of materials on site, are those older or newer, because from 432 cam it looks a lot more spacious, I can only see the web site at night, because I work everyday till it's dark,, so I can't tell if those are recent photos by dinovabec or older? If there newer, their sure working their asses off on this project.
Older. Photo update on the432parkavenue.com is always about month late.
__________________
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know.
-Roger H. Lincoln
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #5729
Rich-E36
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 5

I am a little disappointed with the pics from the 432 park website. As the building grows i was expecting some internal shots of the core and the basement levels but all were seeing is closeups of what we can already see from the web cams.
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #5730
Eric Offereins
The only way is up
 
Eric Offereins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 68,643
Likes (Received): 28195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycon View Post
It prevents the formwork to be in contact with the column reinforcement...you'd hate to be ripping out some of that reinforcement when you take off the forms.
true, allthough I don't think one can pull out that rebar. At least it won't be exposed, so all you see after removing the forms is concrete.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #5731
Kycon
Registered User
 
Kycon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 327
Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins

true, allthough I don't think one can pull out that rebar. At least it won't be exposed, so all you see after removing the forms is concrete.
It also help keep the bars in place (wheels on each side of reinforcement) and to not lean to one side within the forms...similar to bar chairs I suppose...where bar chairs prevent contact with the ground, this prevents contact with the formwork.
Kycon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #5732
Gendo
Registered User
 
Gendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 1,548
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Wow, wow, wow, some of those shots have an amazing quantity of rebar. It is impressive how much steel is used in a "concrete" structure :-)
There has to be a lot of steel in it. The concrete by itself wouldn't hold up five floors, let alone 89.

You could compare it to things made out of fiberglass or carbon fiber. The rebar is the fiber, and the concrete is the resin. Together they make a very strong material.
__________________

600West218, billgates liked this post
Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #5733
600West218
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1574

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the picks. I really enjoy going down and checking out the site and sharing it. Its very educational.

Looks like new scaffolding is going up today for new floors, at least on the 57th street side.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #5734
econ_tim
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 172
Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo View Post
There has to be a lot of steel in it. The concrete by itself wouldn't hold up five floors, let alone 89.

You could compare it to things made out of fiberglass or carbon fiber. The rebar is the fiber, and the concrete is the resin. Together they make a very strong material.
I don't think that is right. Concrete is very strong under compression. Steel is added to make it stronger under tension.
econ_tim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #5735
CCs77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Thanks for all the positive feedback on the picks. I really enjoy going down and checking out the site and sharing it. Its very educational.

Looks like new scaffolding is going up today for new floors, at least on the 57th street side.
Yes, they are building now the second floor. I think they are now going to speed it up a little, since they are building some more conventional floors. (the actual standard floor will go from 7th floor up, I think, when the four columns scheme of the 57th st. side will pass to seven columns)



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
__________________

-Corey- liked this post
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #5736
t94
Registered User
 
t94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 460
Likes (Received): 844

Odd reflective material being used for the initial flooring for Floor 3.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #5737
MrSlippery519
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 179
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by t94 View Post
Odd reflective material being used for the initial flooring for Floor 3.
Link from a few pages ago

http://www.peri-usa.com/products.cfm...4/app_id/4.cfm
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #5738
600West218
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1574

This seems like the first time the decking on the 57th St side is black rather than wooden. I would imagine it is meant to be easily pulled away from concrete and signifies that this floor will be different than its predecessors. Also, it seems smaller, more pulled in from the 57th St side. I guess it will now have the official footprint all the way to the top.

Edit: Questions asked and answered before I even saw them. Thanks guys!!
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #5739
MrSlippery519
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 179
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
This seems like the first time the decking on the 57th St side is black rather than wooden. I would imagine it is meant to be easily pulled away from concrete and signifies that this floor will be different than its predecessors. Also, it seems smaller, more pulled in from the 57th St side. I guess it will now have the official footprint all the way to the top.

Edit: Questions asked and answered before I even saw them. Thanks guys!!
I sneaked in just before you haha.

But yes I agree this seems to be the first "normal" slab so to speak. Also likely means after this floor things will likely speed up.
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #5740
billgates
Registered User
 
billgates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 316
Likes (Received): 225

How will they switch from 4 to 7 columns on the 57th street side, they cant just add columns with no support underneath, can they?
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu