daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #6201
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFlint1985 View Post
As of yesterday. I made a long stroll around NYC and visited 57th str. I made pictures from both 56 and 57th streets

432 Park Ave

Nice pictures...this is what I see several times a day...now can you imagine the impact this structure will have when it is more than TWICE as tall any of those highrises (IBM, GM, Fuller, Four Seasons etc..)you see in the background?!!!
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #6202
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Crazy to even think about.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #6203
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconyc View Post
Nice pictures...this is what I see several times a day...now can you imagine the impact this structure will have when it is more than TWICE as tall any of those highrises (IBM, GM, Fuller, Four Seasons etc..)you see in the background?!!!
I just can't imagine all that swaying motion at the top once finished. Is there some kind of mechanism that'll be installed in order to address this?
Legomaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #6204
JD47

Likes (Received): 306

Leave the kid alone. At least he is taking an interest in it. People should be encouraging him rather then pick on him on this forum. At least he is taking an interest in the tower.

57th&1st, OnePointWest liked this post
JD47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #6205
JD47

Will the cam be raised as the tower goes up? Should start rising pretty quickly.
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #6206
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47 View Post
Will the cam be raised as the tower goes up? Should start rising pretty quickly.

Pretty sure they have already been raised at least once so far. In the future they will be raising them every other week it seems at the pace they are going.
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #6207
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

i cant get over it, just look at the concrete it looks so good i cant imagine when this is almost 1400 feet in the air how good its going to look
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #6208
JD47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
Pretty sure they have already been raised at least once so far. In the future they will be raising them every other week it seems at the pace they are going.
They should put a cam in the ESB when the building gets to super heights. Would be nice to see it from the Empire State Building, especially because it will be taller then the ESB.
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #6209
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
i cant get over it, just look at the concrete it looks so good i cant imagine when this is almost 1400 feet in the air how good its going to look
Me too. I was thinking the same thing. We will appreciate the beauty as it gets taller, fitting into that tight enclave.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #6210
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legomaniac View Post
I just can't imagine all that swaying motion at the top once finished. Is there some kind of mechanism that'll be installed in order to address this?
Somebody explained several pages back their going to have a anti-sway contraption similair to tapei 101, not just near as massive.. Just don't remember the page #
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #6211
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

A new Stop Work Order... pic from Steve Cuozzo, NYPost, "Yes! Partial stop-work order at 432 Park Ave! Following accident. CIM/Macklowe tower at DrAke site"

spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #6212
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

ugh!
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #6213
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

More information,

Construction worker injured at 432 Park Avenue
March 15, 2013 07:39PM
By Guelda Voien

"Debris falls five stories, marking the latest accident at NYC’s soon-to-be tallest residential tower"

"Falling debris injured a construction worker today at 432 Park Avenue, the site of the skyscraper under development by Macklowe Properties and CIM Group, The Real Deal has learned.

The Fire Department of New York confirmed that a 30-year-old male was injured when a pallet of wood dropped onto his leg at the construction site for the project, a highly anticipated condominium development on the former site of the Drake Hotel. The call came in at 4 p.m. and the man was taken to New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, according to a FDNY spokesperson. Though the FDNY would not comment further on the man’s condition, a source familiar with the situation said that he was in stable condition.

The wood, a four-foot by eight-foot piece of plywood, was being hoisted to the fifth floor when it came loose and plummeted to the ground, according to a complaint filed this afternoon with the city’s Department of Buildings.

Harry Macklowe of Macklowe Properties declined to comment on the incident. A spokesperson for CIM, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm, did not immediately return requests for comment, nor did a spokesperson for Lend Lease, the contractor on the project.

The construction accident comes on the heels of another incident at the site, between East 56th and East 57th streets, where a crane smashed into a parapet wall at the adjacent 48 East 57th Street. DOB issued a stop work order on Feb. 21 and cited Lend Lease for “inadequate safety measures,” records show. However, the violation was quickly resolved, and work resumed shortly after, according to published reports.

The DOB also issued a partial stop work order shortly after initial demolition work began at the site in October 2011, and the department cited the developers for beginning excavation without proper notification. (Of course, 432 Park is not the only major New York City development to face construction woes and DOB actions.)..."
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #6214
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Somebody explained several pages back their going to have a anti-sway contraption similair to tapei 101, not just near as massive.. Just don't remember the page #
hey! Thx for the info, i'll look for it
Legomaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #6215
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

While no one likes accidents, it's bound to happen on construction sites anywhere. Again, hope the guy recovers soon and the project can continue smoothly.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #6216
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

two things

one, in one of these threads there were a few images illustrating the 2020 (?) skyline but i cannot for the life of me find them, any help?

also, im curious about the efforts they put into noise cancelling especially between floors, any details on that?
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #6217
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28189

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
More information,

Construction worker injured at 432 Park Avenue
March 15, 2013 07:39PM
By Guelda Voien

"Debris falls five stories, marking the latest accident at NYCís soon-to-be tallest residential tower"

"Falling debris injured a construction worker today at 432 Park Avenue, the site of the skyscraper under development by Macklowe Properties and CIM Group, The Real Deal has learned.

(Of course, 432 Park is not the only major New York City development to face construction woes and DOB actions.)..."
I just hope this increases the risk awareness. Accidents can happen easily.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #6218
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Luckily it's just a minor accident, such thing could have been far worse.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #6219
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

Must not have been too bad ...they are working today...forming crews are busy...don't look for any pours today with St Paddy's parade
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #6220
Shakkur98

Likes (Received): 271

Can't Believe this going to be taller than the twin towers, The New One World Trade Center, The Empire State Building, and Willis Tower by floor hieght. NYC is back.

[IMG]http://i54.************/ipxjpt.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
Shakkur98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall