daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #6401
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Btw I just noticed what very well may be (depending on the detail of the model) the tuned mass dumper visible through the windows. The shape is clearly visible on the picture with the contrast increased.

It would be cool feature if it would be visible trough the windows like that.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #6402
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

I don't see it, but it will take a lot of space if it's that huge.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #6403
patrykus

It's not as big as the circle If you look closer you can see some of the windows near the right and left of the inner of the circle shows edges of something darker on light background.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old March 25th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #6404
tim1807
faster than buildings

It's still huge. They can compensate the lack of floor space by adding more floors on top.
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #6405
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I really doubt the windows will be aligned with the columns. They look recessed in the renders from the website.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #6406
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Btw I just noticed what very well may be (depending on the detail of the model) the tuned mass dumper visible through the windows. The shape is clearly visible on the picture with the contrast increased.

It would be cool feature if it would be visible trough the windows like that.
That's just the building core. The TMD is going to be a massive water tank.
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #6407
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Well dbox is becoming present on very luxury projects, the studio was also in charge to brand and launch a huge campaign for New York by Gehry.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #6408
McSky

Likes (Received): 1878

Augustão d2 liked this post
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #6409
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
That's just the building core. The TMD is going to be a massive water tank.
If that's just the core it's rather strange it's only visible like that on these few floors, and do you know where the dumper will be located if not there?

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #6410
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I really doubt the windows will be aligned with the columns. They look recessed in the renders from the website.
So look at this interior render. It was the first hint to me that they will be. The model just confirms that.

Erlenberg liked this post
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #6411
tim1807
faster than buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
So look at this interior render. It was the first hint to me that they will be. The model just confirms that.

This way offers a more panoramic view though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz1950 View Post
gtfo!
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #6412
McSky

Likes (Received): 1878

It's preferable to eliminate ledges on the exterior, as they would attract armies of pigeons. Yes, anti-bird spikes could be placed there, but they are unsightly.

I wonder, though, how high pigeons typically roost in NYC. There must be a height above which they won't want to fly, as it takes a lot of energy. But I suppose the uplifted air running along the edges of skyscrapers might make this a bit easier.

Last edited by McSky; March 25th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #6413
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
This way offers a more panoramic view though.

gtfo!
Most of the top floors will equally offer the same panoramic view as the one in the image.

Last edited by friendsofthecity; March 26th, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #6414
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post
It's preferable to eliminate ledges on the exterior, as they would attract armies of pigeons. Yes, anti-bird spikes could be placed there, but they are unsightly.
That is a good observation. The birds are going to litter those edges all rather ledges with their droppings for sure.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #6415
tim1807
faster than buildings

I thought so too, I don't know how bad it is with other towers. But these windows cant go open. Btw, if those apartments are sold to rich famous people I bet the sollicitors for cleaning the windows are paparazzi.
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #6416
57th&1st

Likes (Received): 2298

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
I thought so too, I don't know how bad it is with other towers. But these windows cant go open. Btw, if those apartments are sold to rich famous people I bet the sollicitors for cleaning the windows are paparazzi.
Actually, I think NY Magazine got the target demographic just about exactly right....doubt there will be much paparazzi interest.....
57th&1st no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #6417
dfiler

Likes (Received): 115

Those renders don't seem to confirm or contradict anything with regard to the windows. They look to be inset at least an inch in all of them. The inset could easily be anything between zero and 3 inches.

Even an inch offset would provide a nice 3d effect. Granted, not the honeycomb look that was hinted at in some of the earlier renders.

What I find really interesting are the hollow floors that divide the tower into vertical sections. The interior lighting between the sections will provide a really distinct look, like an impossibly tall sheesh kabob with sections of floors hanging from the skewer. Will those hollow floors actually look like that? Will they be enclosed with glass or left open?

Last edited by dfiler; March 26th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
dfiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #6418
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

The curtain wall contract was awarded to Enclos Corp, same company building WTC's hub skylight.
I don't expect any detailed information of the glass considering Enclos is not the type of company that shows off their fancy stuff. Shame they wouldn't allow me to see current situation of glass manufacturing. Meeh...
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #6419
usafarid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

the core is lifted each 15 days !!! yeah or nope !!
usafarid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #6420
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post
Those renders don't seem to confirm or contradict anything with regard to the windows. They look to be inset at least an inch in all of them. The inset could easily be anything between zero and 3 inches.
Really THIS specific too? IMO It looks pretty clear there won't bee any inset or at least any noticeable one.

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall