daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #6661
NYCrulz
America started it all !!

Likes (Received): 2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
Just because the people like it, what is the problem with that?

It may be on internet, but still you have to search it, and the fact that it is on internet doesn't mean that you can find it.

The people that post those pictures, found them and have the courtesy to share them with the people here, if a person happen to specially like that picture, why he or she shouldn't click "like". It is a simple way to tell the person who posted that picture, I like the picture you posted, thank you, I hope you keep them coming.
I don't know what kind of people to expect here but you guys' support keeps me moving on!
thankx CCs77!
Keep your supports coming!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
One question guys.
Regardless of the price, which one would you all prefer?
penthouse at One57 or 432PA
and
keeping in view the figure of the price, which would you prefer??

Kanto, L.A.F.2., CCs77 liked this post
NYCrulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #6662
RokasLT

Likes (Received): 1101

One of the most horrible new crapers in under construction.
RokasLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #6663
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

wrong again bob, this is _the_ single most elegant "craper" built in NYC in a very long time, probably since the original twin towers

the materials, the simplicity of the design, the reserved elegance is pure Manhattan

Kanto, hunser, katia72 liked this post
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #6664
usafarid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

can the core lifted again today !!!
usafarid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #6665
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Looks massive in that rendering.. Just disoriented, is it supposed to appear from those last 2 pics in a certain area? all I know is there's a pretty tall black bldg next to it right now, no Idea what its called but it at least show in that 2nd photo. Is it rising next to that 2nd black bldg on the second pic? (the 1 that's behind and thinner than the wider one in the foreground? Or vice versa? Or not at all?
Which one do you mean? Could you mark the building with MS paint on that render? There are tons of black boxy buildings in midtown, the tallest of them being the 262 meter Trump World Tower, which is seen in the 2nd pic on the left
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #6666
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokasLT View Post
One of the most horrible new crapers in under construction.
Sorry to disappoint you but New York doesn't build Dubai Marina - style towers with bad cladding and tacky crowns.
This tower is elegant, classy, understated, slim and tall.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #6667
RokasLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
wrong again bob, this is _the_ single most elegant "craper" built in NYC in a very long time, probably since the original twin towers

the materials, the simplicity of the design, the reserved elegance is pure Manhattan
Bla Bla Bla there was Eurocentrism now "Americo"centrism. Americans say that they don't like or even hat Burj Kalifa (for what?!), l don't see eny reason, it such a beautifil tower. l'm not hating buildings or culture becose it's not "mine".
Back to point. l like Sears, Chicago Trump Tower ect., but l just can't see such building like this in any skyline. Chongquing have many of thies and it looks very vertical but ugly and l don't talk about materials, cladding ect. Except maybe Trump NY, with black cladding and flattened square designe, looks best in this kinde of projects.
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #6668
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Bla Bla Bla there was Eurocentrism now "Americo"centrism. Americans say that they don't like or even hat Burj Kalifa (for what?!), l don't see eny reason, it such a beautifil tower. l'm not hating buildings or culture becose it's not "mine".
Back to point. l like Sears, Chicago Trump Tower ect., but l just can't see such building like this in any skyline. Chongquing have many of thies and it looks very vertical but ugly and l don't talk about materials, cladding ect. Except maybe Trump NY, with black cladding and flattened square designe, looks best in this kinde of projects.
Do you see irony in your post?

57th&1st, Swiddle liked this post
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #6669
RokasLT

l just saying what l feel and know.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #6670
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
This post shows that this poster obviously has a hidden agenda. Bringing up the word "Americo centrism" and generalizing a whole load of Americans "hating culture cause its not mine" should be the first red flag. I would pay no heed to his mindless ramblings and dangerously provocative anti USA allusions.

L.A.F.2. liked this post

Last edited by aquablue; April 6th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #6671
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

I just cannot believe they haven't yet jumped the core or the cranes.

This is getting tortuous!!
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #6672
t94

Likes (Received): 844

Looks like the open air terraces are situated every 12 floors. The lowest terrace visible in the first picture appears to be around floor 20.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #6673
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28195

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
This tower will definitely look glassy.

This photo reveals the drums nicely. If people recall, before the renderings were released, I described the design as a "Cuban, Little DrummerBoy," based upon the model my colleague saw.

Cuban referred to the six floating cubes and "Dummer Boy" was a pun referring to the drums in the mechanical floors.
These drums are built around the rectangular core, I presume. I like them because they will break up the pattern of the facade a bit.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #6674
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:

Wrong. The WTC is ours and is American as American pie and guess what??? It is one of the most criticized buildings by Amongst us. In fact in our country our politicians, gov't, athletes, and i can go on and on are often criticized by our own. So please check your "Americo" centrism out of the door. It's fine with your opinion about the building but to make such generalizations and accusations is well.. Just plain ignorant. To each is own. You may like blonds and I prefer Brunettes. Truth be told I like em all. Hehe

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; April 6th, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #6675
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2923

I find it funny how it's mostly Europeans who criticize New York buildings. Head over to 1 WTC's thread and have a look for yourselfs. People who have, probably, never even seen such buildings make crazy judgements on them. Just my two cents.
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #6676
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Btw I just noticed what very well may be (depending on the detail of the model) the tuned mass dumper visible through the windows. The shape is clearly visible on the picture with the contrast increased.

It would be cool feature if it would be visible trough the windows like that.

Looks right to me. Wonder what those 45 deg diagonal lines are to its left and right.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #6677
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Wow, those are some spectacular renderings.
I might even change my opinion about this tower (from too skinny / boxy to classy).
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #6678
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
These drums are built around the rectangular core, I presume. I like them because they will break up the pattern of the facade a bit.
When Robert first said that, I thought of a round cuban cigar with a drum profile (Gherkin-esque), so I was highly annoyed when the cube like building came out. LOL!

However, this bauhaus style tower isn't too bad.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #6679
LeandroPappalardo

Likes (Received): 45

If done quickly, this building will resemble original WTC in some ways: how it dominates the skyline, simple and classy design, the true american feel it gives and pure manhattan style. That's my opinion. Then when it gets sorrounded by the new supertalls in Midtown will lose that dominating thing, but still be breathtaking

-Corey- liked this post
LeandroPappalardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #6680
McSky

Likes (Received): 1878

Looks like 432 Park Avenue will be powered by standard arc reactors:

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall