daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 6th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #6681
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #6682
RokasLT

Likes (Received): 1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
This post shows that this poster obviously has a hidden agenda. Bringing up the word "Americo centrism" and generalizing a whole load of Americans "hating culture cause its not mine" should be the first red flag. I would pay no heed to his mindless ramblings and dangerously provocative anti USA allusions.
l just saying what opinion l have after some discusions (50% of people, especialy in big countries, are exalting tovards others, not seeing other countries "achievements"), and it's not just about Americans or America but it is about all major, big, leading countries and there citizens. And lm not antiamerican, l am antihumilator, antignorant

P.S. It was one of my points, maybe not in the rigth time and place. Some people act that thay don't like things even knowing that that things are better then same things in their country.

Last edited by RokasLT; April 6th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
RokasLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #6683
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

This construction cycle is very strange. They seem to have completed the outer columns of the highest floor and even to have broken down the forms but I don't see any floor supports going up and they still haven't jumped the core.

For some reason they appear to have changed the sequence of how they do things. Anyone know why?
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #6684
billgates

Likes (Received): 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
This tower will definitely look glassy.

It might have a lot of concrete, but the huge windows make it very glassy, just like the World Financial Center:

Jewish liked this post
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #6685
Nonoka

Likes (Received): 254

Sorry for my negative comment, but I really think this is one of the most stupid building projects ever. A tower without any architectural elements, with each floor and each meter having the same shape and the same bland look, bulked up to a height of 430 m. I mean, really.
I understand that simplicity can be beautiful too, and I'm certain it's true (I take the old WTC as an example - huge and a bland design, but still chic because of its tridents). But this thing is less than simple. If they would have at least added an architectural element, or something that makes the shape differ a bit...but nothing.

And to top it all, the location of this thing is a prime city like New York. If the height was shorter so it wouldn't stand out in the huge bulk of skyscrapers it would be perfectly adequate as well, but dominating over them as the highest one is just wrong. It doesn't deserve this spot in the skyline IMO.

Manitopiaaa, Filipe_Teixeira liked this post

Last edited by Nonoka; April 6th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Nonoka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #6686
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
This construction cycle is very strange. They seem to have completed the outer columns of the highest floor and even to have broken down the forms but I don't see any floor supports going up and they still haven't jumped the core.

For some reason they appear to have changed the sequence of how they do things. Anyone know why?
there will not be a floor slab at this level...it will be a double height space all around...it may be that actually the core got ahead of the perimeter and now they are catching up
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #6687
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

the people who don't get this building don't get why a Porsche will always be the more mature, the more elegant choice over a Ferrari but especially over a Lamborghini

Manhattan deserves Porsches, leave the Lambos and Ferraris to Dubai

-Corey-, Kanto liked this post
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #6688
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

This tower definitively will look sexy

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #6689
Kopacz

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
the people who don't get this building don't get why a Porsche will always be the more mature, the more elegant choice over a Ferrari but especially over a Lamborghini

Well, Porsches are ugly most of the time (except for the Carrera GT) so it's pretty fitting for this tower.
I already said it, but I will say it again - it's the best example of squeezing as much money out of a building as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they called it "the capitalist dream"
Rectangular shape ? Check
One type of windows ? Check
No facade details ? Check
No crown/spire ? Check
It's amazing that many projects get cut down in other areas of NY while a box like this makes it through. I was hoping to see something, anything added to the structure to make it a bit more interesting... looks like it's not the case here.

RokasLT, Taller London liked this post
Kopacz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #6690
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4534

I think people should just accept each others opinions on this building, whether for it or against it, and leave it at that... those people calling others 'idiots' and 'stupid' are quite pathetic tbh... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion due to there own personal taste! I love this building, but i can understand and accept everyone's opinions, so just lay off peoples backs, it's just immature really...

And gramercy... I'd much rather have a Ferrari or a Lamborghini than a Porsche i mean what's wrong with having a fun and downright exciting choice of design of a car like Ferrari or Lamborghini eh? You can have a mix of both this mature tower and a cool car!

Back on topic, is there any chance that the outer pillars will over-take the core? Or will the construction of this carry on with the core first? Hopefully we will see the cranes and core rose this coming week!

1Filipe1, King of Construction liked this post
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #6691
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I figured it out Kanto by looking at Billgates photo, cleared it up, this bldg is gonna be classic NY. 5-6 renders up...
Old April 7th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #6692
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1640

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post

I hate Porsches. They're ugly. Lambos are vulgar. Ferarris are nicer. Aston Martins are nicest.

New York should aspire to be a city of Aston Martin skyscrapers, and, next to Dubai, it certainly is.
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #6693
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1640

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
I find it funny how it's mostly Europeans who criticize New York buildings. Head over to 1 WTC's thread and have a look for yourselfs. People who have, probably, never even seen such buildings make crazy judgements on them. Just my two cents.
I'm European and I love this tower. I'm not so crazy about 1WTC (though I don't hate it), but this building will have a transforming impact on Manhattan views.
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #6694
lakegz

Likes (Received): 32

People saying that this building has few or no architectural elements...

That IS the architectural element of this building. Try not to let the next one fly so far over your heads.
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #6695
Fitzrovian

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonoka View Post
Sorry for my negative comment, but I really think this is one of the most stupid building projects ever. A tower without any architectural elements, with each floor and each meter having the same shape and the same bland look, bulked up to a height of 430 m. I mean, really.
I understand that simplicity can be beautiful too, and I'm certain it's true (I take the old WTC as an example - huge and a bland design, but still chic because of its tridents). But this thing is less than simple. If they would have at least added an architectural element, or something that makes the shape differ a bit...but nothing.

And to top it all, the location of this thing is a prime city like New York. If the height was shorter so it wouldn't stand out in the huge bulk of skyscrapers it would be perfectly adequate as well, but dominating over them as the highest one is just wrong. It doesn't deserve this spot in the skyline IMO.
+1

Regrettably I have to side with the negative comments. I dont get this project at all. And I say this as someone who loved the twin towers and loves even the Trump Tower on the east side. Those towers though have proportions and elegance to them that I don't see in this one. I feel like people who love this tower are the same people who look at a painting of a black square in a museum of modern art and go "wow, this is incredible". But everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, and I will reserve my final judgement until we see the real thing.

Last edited by Fitzrovian; April 7th, 2013 at 05:13 AM.
Fitzrovian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #6696
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Personally, I prefer 432 Park to Aon. 432 is taller, thinner, and glassier.

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiHHEO3mo69Fa2FqCyt9GKm-mET5W8yu3MXuORsGz7119cK53_[/IMG]

slsc liked this post

Last edited by RobertWalpole; April 7th, 2013 at 05:42 AM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #6697
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

It really doesn't matter what any of us think. The building is being built regardless of what opinions we may have. And btw, it is being built by people that know much more about what billionaires want and what they don't want. You think it is being built because someone "thinks" they know these folks and is willing to take a chance at being right? No!! Without crunching numbers, I'd be willing to bet that this building will be profitable at less then 75% occupancy. The design is pretty much basic yes, but I guarantee in 5 years the folks that bought these multi-million dollar floors will be proud to say they live or have a floor at 432 park avenue, Nyc....and that(and profit) is all that matters to the developer. If I had the money, I would put 10 of these up in 10 different cities nationwide. Remember guys, the guy that is building this knows what he is doing and what people want regardless of what anyone on this forum thinks. After all, he didn't get wealthy by making bad decisions

L.A.F.2., -Corey-, Kanto, iamtheSTIG liked this post
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #6698
PDC1987

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langur View Post
I hate Porsches. They're ugly. Lambos are vulgar. Ferarris are nicer. Aston Martins are nicest.

New York should aspire to be a city of Aston Martin skyscrapers, and, next to Dubai, it certainly is.
Aston Martins are attractive but also terribly underpowered compared to the competition. The numbers they put down on the track and in any other comparison tests are very subpar. They also have ancient, completely inexcusable GPS systems.
PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #6699
LouDagreat
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 150

A great skyscraper addition to New York City. 432 Park Avenue will add more height variety to an already diverse skyline.
LouDagreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #6700
BeLogical
BANNED

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Personally, I prefer 432 Park to Aon. 432 is taller, thinner, and glassier.

Whats with you and always comparing projects in NYC to Chicago? These projects, these cities are completely different from one another. Do you have some sort of inferiority complex? And who are you to so vehemently exclaim the merits of NYC when you arent even a real New Yorker? You're just a wanna-be, ignorant, uncultured **** thats been bitching on this forum for the past two years. Pathetic really.
BeLogical no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall