daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #6701
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheSTIG View Post

And gramercy... I'd much rather have a Ferrari or a Lamborghini than a Porsche i mean what's wrong with having a fun and downright exciting choice of design of a car like Ferrari or Lamborghini eh? You can have a mix of both this mature tower and a cool car!
you are missing the point

a french tickler is fun but you don't approach the queen of england with it
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #6702
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28165

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegz View Post
People saying that this building has few or no architectural elements...

That IS the architectural element of this building. Try not to let the next one fly so far over your heads.
Could not agree more.
Eric Offereins está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #6703
Huskies

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
These drums are built around the rectangular core, I presume. I like them because they will break up the pattern of the facade a bit.
On this render, it looks like there is an outdoor courtyard around the mechanical "drum".. will this be the case? seems like a waste to have that empty space and not let the residents use it..
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #6704
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLogical View Post
Whats with you and always comparing projects in NYC to Chicago? These projects, these cities are completely different from one another. Do you have some sort of inferiority complex? And who are you to so vehemently exclaim the merits of NYC when you arent even a real New Yorker? You're just a wanna-be, ignorant, uncultured **** thats been bitching on this forum for the past two years. Pathetic really.
Are you some sort of disturbed Pre-op trans-sexual who's suffering from pent-up anger?

I've lived in NY, Paris, and London my entire life.

My point was that it makes no sense to knock 432 for poor design when it's the same basic shape as revered towers, although its proportions are much nicer than fat Aon by comparison. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (including angry, sexually confused people), but it doesn't make sense to me to love one box and hate the other due to a "lack of design."

Last edited by RobertWalpole; April 7th, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #6705
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

Very mature.
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #6706
æthær

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Whats with you and always comparing projects in NYC to Chicago? These projects, these cities are completely different from one another. Do you have some sort of inferiority complex? And who are you to so vehemently exclaim the merits of NYC when you arent even a real New Yorker? You're just a wanna-be, ignorant, uncultured **** thats been bitching on this forum for the past two years. Pathetic really.
What the hell is wrong with YOU? This forum is about skyscrapers and you attack someone just because he compares different skyscrapers in different cities? That's actually what this forum is about, discussing about skyscrapers!

BTW: Interesting to hear such a thing from somebody, who's been on this forum for just a few weeks.

Kanto liked this post
æthær no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #6707
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

If you'd be longer here you'd know he always compares these specific towers. And it's like 5th time he's doing it - an obvious (lame) provocation from his side.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

BeLogical, spectre000 liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #6708
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Who are you to call names one of our best contributors? He only compared this building to another one and that's on topic.
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #6709
borgo82

Likes (Received): 20

IMHO the beauty of the 432 is that it has a clean, no frills, no unnecessary details

Kanto, Eric Offereins liked this post
borgo82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #6710
dfiler

Likes (Received): 115

It will be interesting to see how opinions on the appearance of this building change once it is completed. My guess is that the people who consider it too thin will eventually grow accustom to the slender look. Once it no longer seems unusually jarring, it will be evaluated based on other criteria. My guess is that most of the negative opinions will be changed. I suspect we will be seeing a lot of posts along the lines of "this building is really growing on me".

streetscapeer liked this post
dfiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #6711
t94

Likes (Received): 844

Aon center would look quite nice if it was 200 feet taller. It's not an "ugly" building, however it's dominance is too strong. It needs to be a bit more slender to find the golden ratio.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #6712
BeLogical
BANNED

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Who are you to call names one of our best contributors? He only compared this building to another one and that's on topic.
Thats the third or fourth time hes made that specific comparison on this same thread. And as far as best contributor goes, he really hasnt contributed much to this forum since the reveal of 432 Park's design specs. Hes more of a bystander now that simply offers opinions, like me and you. However, he also likes to degrade some other cities and forumers from them, especially Chicago, and that sort of childish behavior has no place on the forum. Now thats that, and lets get back to discussion about this one of a kind building.
BeLogical no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #6713
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

My opinion this is an architectural "Beauty" anything this tall made of concrete, seems to be much more challenging than if they were using steel, therefore 1400 ft of vertical concrete, that impresses the hell out of me... I love this bldg and look forward to seeing the challenges as it gets up past 500 ft.. Going to be very fun to watch all Summer long..... And does anybody know what's going to be in the "3-4 gaps" every 3-400 feet??

Last edited by bigreach; April 8th, 2013 at 07:04 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #6714
BeLogical
BANNED

Likes (Received): 99

The rebar prevents the concrete from cracking by increasing its elasticity, and the sway will be mitigated by a mass damper.
BeLogical no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #6715
Huskies

Likes (Received): 50

[/QUOTE]

On this render, it looks like there is an outdoor courtyard around the mechanical "drum".. will this be the case? seems like a waste to have that empty space and not let the residents use it..
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #6716
Rich-E36

Likes (Received): 5

Hey crane sections on site!!!! looks like the 56st crane is going to jump soon.

600West218 liked this post
Rich-E36 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #6717
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Still no core jump
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #6718
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28165

will happen soon, I guess before the next floor is installed.
Eric Offereins está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #6719
Pendle

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
I find it funny how it's mostly Europeans who criticize New York buildings. Head over to 1 WTC's thread and have a look for yourselfs. People who have, probably, never even seen such buildings make crazy judgements on them. Just my two cents.
You're right: we often do. A think a little jealousy is the probable cause.

I, for one, think this building is one of the most exciting buildings under construction in the world at the moment.

BeLogical, Kanto liked this post
Pendle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #6720
GerFok
Gerard F

Likes (Received): 44

The new sections for the crane have arrived and are due to be installed!
GerFok no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall