daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #7421
Dbronx

Likes (Received): 36

BrooklynFlyGuy,

I always enjoy your pics... I like the shots that give a sense of context to the site as seen from Madison and Park. The Times should have used your pics of Macklowe, they were better than what appeared in the article. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/ny...te-market.html

It is Sunday, I have too much time on my hands and found this interesting article:
432 Park: New project, old site
image hosted on flickr

From cow pastures to railroad tracks, a short history of the spot where CIM and Harry Macklowe are building a much-hyped new condo
http://therealdeal.com/issues_articl...ject-old-site/

Last edited by Dbronx; May 20th, 2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: fixed hyperlink
Dbronx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #7422
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |Ķ┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbronx View Post
Quote:
In one film clip, the aerialist Philippe Petit walks a tightrope that stretches from the Empire State Building to 432 Park with the aid of computer-generated imaging, while Mr. Macklowe emerges from a King Kong outfit.
LOL.

I need to see that vid.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #7423
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 418

I just finished reading the article, and was about to put it here if anyone hadnīt done it already, and my thoughts were the same...I gotta see that Vogue-like magazine and those clips

Btw, how does one apply to be an housekeeper and therefore having an apartment here, paid by the employer?
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #7424
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkur98 View Post
How many jumps you think it will take to top out.
Are you on the right forum? There's gotta be at least 2 or 3 left.

Seriously Dbronx is that the old Drake Hotel?
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #7425
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
When you look to the right of the thread title, you can see the stats for replies, replies per forumer, and views. Forum stats are at the bottom of the home page. I can assure you, there are many more active forumers than you'd think. We've got at least 100 mods and admins, and I'd say about 10,000 active members. Knowing you, the only forumers you probably see are the ones that hang around here at the construction threads and tall talk. There are many forumers who just follow development information for their cities in completely different sections of the forum. Also, you've got DLM, Oasis, Skybar forumers and the ones who love rating buildings. You should explore the forum more sometime, as it sounds like you haven't been to different areas very much.
I see what your saying now my God, WTC2 had 660,000 views and its O/H that's incredible. I had no Idea the size of this forum, when I first bumped into it 2-3years ago, felt like hitting Gold. Guess I pretty much went to the popular building forums, but like I was saying, there seems to be infinite info on this site. And a 100 Mods, I thought there were 6to8 Thanks for the info L.A.F.2. I know that opens a lot of new doors I didn't even know existed. That should tell you how much I know about this site, sometimes I can multi quote, and other times it comes out as 2 because I can't figure out what I did the last time. I head there"Manhattan" only 2 days,, in the middle of June still haven't got a decent camera, anybody know a quality, HD camera I can get for Hopefully< $400? Nothing to technical I can barely work my way around a computer.

Last edited by bigreach; May 20th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #7426
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4510

I'm really confused about the Drake Hotel as I watch a tv show called '666 park avenue' and it's sort of a horror/ghost story set in the Drake Hotel, except the building is this:

Is that where the Drake Hotel moved to then?
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #7427
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

There is no more Drake. That's an apartment building on the UWS called the Ansonia.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #7428
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
I see what your saying now my God, WTC2 had 660,000 views and its O/H that's incredible. I had no Idea the size of this forum, when I first bumped into it 2-3years ago, felt like hitting Gold. Guess I pretty much went to the popular building forums, but like I was saying, there seems to be infinite info on this site. And a 100 Mods, I thought there were 6to8 Thanks for the info L.A.F.2. I know that opens a lot of new doors I didn't even know existed. That should tell you how much I know about this site, sometimes I can multi quote, and other times it comes out as 2 because I can't figure out what I did the last time. I head there"Manhattan" only 2 days,, in the middle of June still haven't got a decent camera, anybody know a quality, HD camera I can get for Hopefully< $400? Nothing to technical I can barely work my way around a computer.
Yeah, 1WTC has almost 10,000,000 views and nearly 50,000 posts. I did the same thing when I came here.

Oh, try a Nikon D80. I know it's what I have.

Highcliff, bigreach liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:47 AM   #7429
t94

Likes (Received): 844

Another form jump. This should be the last two-tier floor until the open air terraces.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:36 AM   #7430
metsfan
Photographer

Likes (Received): 42

What an odd tall box, like from ikea....
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:53 AM   #7431
rickydavisfan21
McSAME and FAILIN

Likes (Received): 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57th&1st View Post
Here are some price tags in case anyone wants to start saving up...:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...l?ref=nyregion
Whats below the 34th floor if thats where the apartments start?
rickydavisfan21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:36 AM   #7432
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

If I was that lucky person in Florida who just won the $590 million in the Powerball lottery, I would offer the person who bought the penthouse $100 million for it. The keep upping it until I only had a few million left.

nycaddict liked this post
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM   #7433
57th&1st

Likes (Received): 2298

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydavisfan21 View Post
Whats below the 34th floor if thats where the apartments start?
Here's the floor-by-floor breakdown...

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=SC132175213

Based on this (which may or may not be up to date), I'm not sure what's magic about the 34th floor.

In general the "low" floors are earmarked for retail, mechanical rooms, storage, offices, "physical culture" facilites (you know: training rooms, screening rooms, life extension classrooms...the usual ), etc....

The lowest floor that shows "Class A Apartments" in this document is 14 - but I'm assuming these are merely "staff" apartments...apparently they don't "count" as far as the Times is concerned.
57th&1st no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM   #7434
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

I took a close look at the windows they have installed this morning and confirmed an interesting detail that you can also see in some of the floorplan drawings posted here. I mentioned this before some months before when discussing exterior. the face of the glazing appears it will be flush with the face of the building but there is a small reveal around the edge that looks to be maybe 6" wide and deep which creates a strong shadow line frame around the windows. this may seem insignificant but it will be THE defining detail on an otherwise extremely minimal facade. If you look closely at some of the recent pictures you can see this feature.
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:01 PM   #7435
jconyc

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=SC132175213

Based on this (which may or may not be up to date), I'm not sure what's magic about the 34th floor.

In general the "low" floors are earmarked for retail, mechanical rooms, storage, offices, "physical culture" facilites (you know: training rooms, screening rooms, life extension classrooms...the usual ), etc....

The lowest floor that shows "Class A Apartments" in this document is 14 - but I'm assuming these are merely "staff" apartments...apparently they don't "count" as far as the Times is concerned.

Interesting to note that there are quite a few "double height apartments. Then there is the "structural transfer no occupancy" on floor 29...what the heck is that?
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM   #7436
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
god bless you sir,

but this raises a question: why have we not seen double-floor floor plans yet?
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:35 PM   #7437
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconyc View Post
I took a close look at the windows they have installed this morning and confirmed an interesting detail that you can also see in some of the floorplan drawings posted here. I mentioned this before some months before when discussing exterior. the face of the glazing appears it will be flush with the face of the building but there is a small reveal around the edge that looks to be maybe 6" wide and deep which creates a strong shadow line frame around the windows. this may seem insignificant but it will be THE defining detail on an otherwise extremely minimal facade. If you look closely at some of the recent pictures you can see this feature.
You know I noticed that too just looking at the drawings some time ago. Good thing they decided for such detail especially considering they resigned the recessed windows. I'm really not a big fun of flat facades and I am really glad they decided to add some detail to it.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Highcliff liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:06 PM   #7438
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
You know I noticed that too just looking at the drawings some time ago. Good thing they decided for such detail especially considering they resigned the recessed windows. I'm really not a big fun of flat facades and I am really glad they decided to add some detail to it.
I agree with that detail on this tower. But talking about flat facades I really adore the Citygroup Center

L.A.F.2., Highcliff liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM   #7439
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Out of town. Can someone update on actual construction progress and maybe include some screen shots. Thanks.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:10 AM   #7440
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

I think they will soon start with a new floor ( the plates ), also three columns are added on the west side, I think they will tomorrow lift these massive horizontal beams.

Highcliff liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall