daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #7901
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3547

Actually, the high resolution renders, which I have as wallpapers show the last row of windows being a parapet. From anotherpartofme. com:

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #7902
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 29170

if so, that would make a great roof terrace.

Kanto liked this post
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #7903
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

I don't know but I just love it. Having windows to the very top redefines roof height. It doesn't get more roof than this.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #7904
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Actually, the high resolution renders, which I have as wallpapers show the last row of windows being a parapet. From anotherpartofme. com:
I thought it was clear we discussed a parapet as a windowless top portion of a building The top portion with windows will look the same as everything else, regardless if it's parapet, mech floor or an apartment.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #7905
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2445

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I thought it was clear we discussed a parapet as a windowless top portion of a building The top portion with windows will look the same as everything else, regardless if it's parapet, mech floor or an apartment.
No, As I understand it, A parapet is a section at the very top of the window, that is like a "wall" that goes from the last slab up, but it doesn't have a roof over it.
But that "wall" is not necessarily windowless, it could have windows, such as this case, or even the same curtain wall, such as the case of 1WTC.
The parapet is usually made to hide some equipment placed at the top of the building that could or must be in the open air like Air Conditioning equipment.

Kanto liked this post
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #7906
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5311

It's also established that they may have open cut outs in the shape of a circle, arch, etc. The top level may be open square panels that simply coincide with the façades.

inno4321 liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #7907
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6489

Walked by this AM! From street level it looks like another jump away to be as tall as its neighbor 450 Park Avenue. We are approaching 400 ft!

Once this thing peaks out from it's surrounding buildings.... all I can say is awesomeness!

More and more I see it in person as it rises, the more I am digging it.

L.A.F.2. liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #7908
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

It may this afternoon. If not it will tomorrow.

Last edited by L.A.F.2.; July 8th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old July 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #7909
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
No, As I understand it, A parapet is a section at the very top of the window, that is like a "wall" that goes from the last slab up, but it doesn't have a roof over it.
But that "wall" is not necessarily windowless, it could have windows, such as this case, or even the same curtain wall, such as the case of 1WTC.
The parapet is usually made to hide some equipment placed at the top of the building that could or must be in the open air like Air Conditioning equipment.
Alright, but the discussion was about the visual topping of a tower not about whether it will or won't have a parapet. The parapet looking exactly like any regular floor is irrelevant in this context.

The bottom line was and is that this tower won't have any visual "end" at the top.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old July 8th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #7910
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
The top portion with windows will look the same as everything else, regardless if it's parapet, mech floor or an apartment.
I doubt it can be anything else than a mech floor (since they need room for elevators, air con, etc.) but if they keep the windows up to the last floor, it can have a thin corridor around the floor that could act as a private observation deck for residents living at lower floors. (would not take a lot of space, and the center would be occupied by equipments).
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #7911
patrykus

As said it is a parapet. But it doesn't matter since it looks the same like everything else.

Old July 8th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #7912
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1643

I love this project. So skinny and minimal!
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper

ThatOneGuy liked this post
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #7913
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
As said it is a parapet. But it doesn't matter since it looks the same like everything else.
Yeah, I just noticed in the big render... so the roof height will be ~1 floor lower than the total height.
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #7914
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
so the roof height will be...
Depends who you ask Some people have strange understanding of the term roof

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #7915
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

Likes (Received): 694

Is the perimeter framework on the 19 window row? If it is then this will still need 4 more floors on top of the core to pass 450 PA.
CNTower246810 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #7916
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Hey guys my first day time video of 432 enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_-k1ck4i3s

NYCrulz liked this post
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #7917
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Concrete truck has arrived on site. Cranes jumped yesterday I'm fairly sure, because crane sections on the 56th Street side are gone now and I remember seeing workers about 1 section down from the boom. The perimeter is being poured right now. External elevators in action too. Today will be a good day.

Vertical_Gotham, Highcliff liked this post
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #7918
alheaine
™♥•♥•♥™

Likes (Received): 1468

Very waif..i love it..
Love most those who Hate me."

--Alheaine Dredjshiah 2011
alheaine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #7919
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6489

Macklowe, CIM plan another $85M penthouse at 432 Park

Developers have chopped total units while boosting overall price to $2.89B

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/07/...2-park-avenue/

Quote:
Not content to simply break the record for the tallest residential tower in New York City, the developers of 432 Park Avenue are seeking to further capitalize on the project’s height. Macklowe Properties and California-based CIM Group, which are jointly developing the luxury condominiums, want to slice the top-floor penthouse into two units atop the 1,396-foot-tall building, according to plans filed with the New York Attorney General’s office.

Additionally, the developers plan to cut the number of apartments from 141 units to 125 units, while increasing the total sale price to $2.892 billion from $2.875 billion, the plans show.

Macklowe and CIM filed the proposed amendment June 20, as developers are required to do when revising an offering plan. The AG’s office is currently reviewing the proposed revision — the seventh amendment to a plan first approved in July 2012, and the most recent since this past April.

The new 96th floor unit has an offering price of $95 million, while the 95th floor unit has a price tag of $85 million. It’s possible that the new penthouse is already spoken for, since an unidentified buyer reportedly signed a $95 million contract in May for the top penthouse.

The overall height of the Rafael Vinoly-designed tower, which is still under construction, remains the same — albeit with an additional floor. The total amount of residential space will grow to 412,637 square feet, up from 405,190 square feet in the April filing, the latest amendment reveals.

The developers created the new 96th floor by apparently using extra high ceilings in the former 95th floor unit.

“The addition of floor slabs within Residential Unit 95 has created a new floor 96… making Residential Unit 95 single height,” the filings said.

The new unit 96 received its floor area from two units on the 45th floor, which will now be used for mechanical purposes, the filing says.

Quote:
The developers have two methods for counting floors: “construction,” which is the true number of stories, and “marketing,” which is the number associated with the apartments being sold. For example, there is no 13th floor. Currently, 432 Park Avenue is slated to have 84 construction floors; the top floor for marketing purposes is 101, according to the most recent offering plan. But the amendment shows 85 construction floors and identifies the top marketing floor as 102.

The developers did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In addition, the plans reveal for the first time that the upper nine apartments — floors 85, 86, 88 and 91 through 96 — will have wood-burning (as well as gas) fireplaces, a rarity in new high-rise construction.

The plan calls for other creative adjustments to the building, including removing floors 72, 82 and 87. That gives double-height ceilings to the two apartments each on floors 71 and 81, and the five-bedroom floor-through unit on the 86th floor, priced at $73.5 million.

-- I wonder what will happen to the Mech/ Terrace Floor # 86 and 87 because according to the article they will be removing Floor #87??

I would think by eliminating floor #87 that would slightly alter the appearance of the design. I dunno, maybe they have figured a way w/o messing with the exterior design as originally intended.

Quote:
The plan calls for other creative adjustments to the building, including removing floors 72, 82 and 87
Building Floor Plan

æthær, Dequal, Highcliff, Swiddle liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; July 10th, 2013 at 12:05 AM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #7920
Rubicantes

Likes (Received): 22

Functional skyscraper, Ikea like. But I love it....
Rubicantes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall