daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #8241
CtheLite

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by æthær View Post
I absolutely love 432 Park Avenue! OH MY GOD it's so beautiful, elegant, flawless, can't put that into proper words! Just wow. I'm so buying a ticket to New York if this is finished and I absolutely cannot comprehend how this is disliked so much!

and the glass comes from Upper Austria..
CtheLite no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #8242
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Speaking of glass, we don't really know much about how it will appear in the final product. The first panes never really give a true effect.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #8243
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

del
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #8244
CtheLite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Speaking of glass, we don't really know much about how it will appear in the final product. The first panes never really give a true effect.
it will depend from which angle you're looking at it and the difference in light levels outside/inside..
the glass itself has a low reflectivity (+/- 10%) when viewed perpendicular so it will appear quite dark but for most of us looking up it will reflect the sky (if it's kept clean).. it won't be anywhere near as reflective as the WTC towers though

msquaredb liked this post
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #8245
CtheLite

newbie to the thread but not to the project.. just want to thank all who have posted such interesting comments and information here.. makes the project come way more alive having such insight from good contributions..
thanks to all who have posted..

aarhusforever liked this post
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #8246
skyscraperlover9595
Certified MiG killer

Likes (Received): 163

I may not like the design of this building, but the views will be spectacular.
skyscraperlover9595 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #8247
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

I'm not seeing any work going on today. One thing I did notice however is that there are four crane segments on the 56th Street side, so we should see the next jump soon enough.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #8248
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1548

It's too simple in its design and somewhat bland. Nothing exciting imo. But its slenderness and height is certainly intriguing.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #8249
CtheLite

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post
Here is a blueprint showing 46 parking spaces in sub cellar 02:

Did Bugatti even make 46 Veyrons?
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #8250
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
I'm not seeing any work going on today. One thing I did notice however is that there are four crane segments on the 56th Street side, so we should see the next jump soon enough.
Hey your back! You kind of fallen off the grid from your trip in NYC! I was thinking maybe you got burnt out from touring all the skyscrapers here. lol!

Towering ambition: skyscrapers are back
A wave of skyscrapers in New York is a sure sign that the market is on the up again. What are the lessons for British buyers?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...-are-back.html

Quote:
We might be proud of the Shard, but 432 Park Avenue, in New York, will make it look like a puny baby brother. Skyscrapers are back, and New York is leading the way.

Manhattan has always been the king of high-rise. It had two buildings taller than London Bridge’s new landmark before 1930: the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building, both of which top the Shard’s 308m.

Over the past decade, however, the United States has been less enthusiastic about skyscrapers. The attacks on 9/11 made people, not to mention insurers, more cautious about ostentatiously tall buildings. (This was part of the reason that the wrangling over what to do with the World Trade Center site took nearly a decade before a plan was agreed.)

Then from 2008 the credit crunch and the recession kicked in. Together with prohibitive planning laws, it meant that building a show-off skyscraper in Manhattan was far from the mind of many developers.

However, while Europe dithers, a clutch of developments across the Atlantic is proof that the American economy has come back to life.

When it is finished in 2015, 432 Park Avenue will be the king among them. At 426m, it will be the tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere (beaten only by the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, at 830m), the second tallest building in New York, and the tallest in terms of floorspace (the new World Trade Center building will have a higher spire).
The tower will comprise nearly $3 billion (1.95 billion) of the world’s most desirable real estate, of which $1 billion (650 million) has already been sold. The penthouse, which won’t be habitable for nearly three years, is already under contract for $95 million (62 million). The cheapest flat in the building, a studio, is $1.59 million (1 million).

For that price, however, you get a chunk of America’s bright future, according to vice president of sales and marketing, Richard Wallgren.
“The beauty of the thing is thrilling,” he says. “432 is a real skyline-changer, and an expression of confidence and enthusiasm. It says 'America’s still going’. Demand waned in Las Vegas and Florida, but it’s hard to over-build in New York.” Around the world, people are turning to high-rise living. In 2000, just 15 of the world’s 100 tallest buildings were residential. By last year, the figure had increased to 59.

Estimated to have cost $1.2billion, 432 Park Avenue is being designed by Rafael Violy, the Uruguayan architect whose other projects include the Walkie Talkie in the City, and the redeveloped Battersea Power Station. The developers are CIM Group and Macklowe Properties, who bought and demolished the Drake Hotel, which previously occupied the site.

Unlike some other super-luxury developments – One Hyde Park springs to mind – the early signs are that 432 Park Avenue will not be used purely as a place for foreign owners to store their cash. “Two-thirds of our buyers are from America. Half are New Yorkers, and the other half are from the rest of the country. The other third are from predictable regions: China, Russia and South America.

“As uncertainty and unrest prevail in other parts of the world, New York continues to appeal. It’s stable and reliable: politics has been a big factor. But if you buy an asset for 20, 30, 40 million dollars, you know it will accrue value. “Equally, however, lots of Americans are buying to live here. There are amazing amenities. We’re seeing a trend where people who have moved out of the city to raise a family are returning because they want to be back in the city.”

432 Park Avenue might be the tallest, but it is far from the only new residential skyscraper in the city. On West 57th Street, the One57 tower, 306m high (just two metres shorter than The Shard), is months from completion. When finished, it will comprise 92 condominiums on top of a 210-room hotel, and until 432 Park Avenue is completed, it will be the tallest building in the city. Construction has not been without hiccups: in October last year, the crane atop the building was blown down by Hurricane Sandy, dramatic photographs of which circulated around the world.

More in link:
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #8251
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

No, my PC was broken until last night, only to discover this morning that a virus got in it again . My dad took it to a computer genius he designs with a few minutes ago to get it fixed though.

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #8252
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Quote:
What are the lessons for British buyers?
residential skyscrapers are hot.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #8253
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
No, my PC was broken until last night, only to discover this morning that a virus got in it again . My dad took it to a computer genius he designs with a few minutes ago to get it fixed though.
Oh man! Thats been for some time. I would literally jump off the GWB w/o a computer for so long! Well not literally. Lol

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

L.A.F.2. liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #8254
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

just on the off chance that one of the new owners stumbles upon this thread, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE invite me when it opens

Andre_idol liked this post
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #8255
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:

That sucks man. Sounds like you just need to back up what you can and do a fresh install. I do it about every 6 months on all the computers in the house anyways. Most of the time, that's what a computer shop would do(for a couple hundred dollars ) unless it is a hardware issue. Either way, good luck with it.
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #8256
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Yeah, but this guy does it for free. We've had to wipe this PC's hard drive clean twice already, resulting in several thousand photos out the window.

But enough of that. Yeah, I'm excited to follow this baby up once more and also to give more daily updates here.
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #8257
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

New core jump.
Since this picture of NYCD, there have been two jumps, the top of the climbing system, must be about the level of the Black building by now. I think it hasn't passed it yet, but it must be very near, and for the next jump, it will.
Please NYCD, when you can, go to that roof again to see the progress (you can wait for the crane and the outer forms to rise, which must be tomorrow or monday at last)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCD View Post
July 30th, 2013

Beginning to be seen!

Xoltage, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by CCs77; August 10th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #8258
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtheLite View Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #8259
PDC1987

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtheLite View Post
They're still making them, and they have sold over 350 of them.
PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #8260
tumbleweed_tx

Likes (Received): 35

ok.. my sister in law thinks this is a picture of my nieces in Central Park.

If you look closely, you can see the crane for 432 Park Ave over the black building next door, and a bonus of One 57 image hosted on flickr

Xoltage, Redzio liked this post
tumbleweed_tx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall