daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 17th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #8721
orange boy
BANNED

Super position!!!!!

billgates, iamtheSTIG, Eric Offereins liked this post
orange boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #8722
indie kid

Likes (Received): 156

Finally 59th Street camera is working!
indie kid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #8723
Wbino49

Likes (Received): 246

Sick:Even with new camera positioning...when it hits the top of the frame it's only half way to the top.
Wbino49 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #8724
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

I walked by this this AM and all I can say is just wow! this tower will be impressive. Very nice.

Kanto liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #8725
t94

Likes (Received): 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbino49 View Post
Sick:Even with new camera positioning...when it hits the top of the frame it's only half way to the top.
Much better than the 57th street cam however. From a far vantage point, we'll be able to clearly see the tower rise without having to succumb to extreme foreshortening.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #8726
dm-civil
infraestructura!

Likes (Received): 449

I notice this tower is right next to other buildings (with no space between them) is it possible these other buildings to be demolished and then erect taller towers blocking the 432pa windows?
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #8727
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

I made this gif with a span of a month of construction, from august 20th until today, september 17th (including today's core jump)

In that period, the building has grown 6 stories, begining to count from august 15th (being that the jump zero, with august 20th as jump one) has been 33 days, or one story every 5,5 calendar days. (notice that when I calculate the last average, it was one floor every 5,5 days, now it is a lower average because the long labor-day holiday has been diluted in a longer period of time)

Counting only the working days, it has been 25 days, meaning they are, on average, in a 4.17-day cycle.

If they keep the approximate 4-day cycle and do another jump the next saturday, the average will further lower to a floor every 5,27 calendar days and one every 4,14 working days.

Right now, they are already pouring columns on the south side.

Old September 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #8728
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Cool, so another jump. This means the building has currently 34 apparent floors and so is 161 meters or 527 feet tall

Roof height used below

Old September 18th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #8729
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Looks like it's close to getting to half its height, but I heard it was only 1/3.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #8730
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbino49 View Post
Holy shit, really? That's some mind-blowing perspective.

Kanto liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #8731
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

If the cam is on Bloomberg's roof, then the building will be 57% completed when it's even with the cam. If the cam is on the antenna, then the tower will reach the cam's elevation when the tower is 67% completed.

Kanto, Swiddle liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #8732
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

That's some fast and amazing progress. It feels like yesterday where we were debating on the tower inching past the Franklin Building. Now we're suddenly 6 floors or 8 or so in core past that.

The developer and others are smart people... just let the building be the star. No need for front-and-center marketing on the banner. While I'm sure there's a strong (private) marketing campaign behind this tower, I wouldn't be surprised if it's entirely sold since construction continues without any issue. I just mean for the average every day New Yorker, it appears that there's no glitz, Hollywood-approved star, TV commercial, etc. promoting this tower or so it seems.

Sorry if I'm wrong but I'm not in NYC. But then again this is just a luxury residential building. It naturally won't have the worldwide focus that a 1WTC has. Nothing wrong with that!
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #8733
SMCYB

Likes (Received): 1633

It's not in a location I'd like to be though. I'd much prefer 225 w 57th to be near the park, the upper west side and a good subway station. (Yes, even billionaires sometimes ride the subway in New York.)
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #8734
marcatio

Likes (Received): 341

Quote:
Looks like it's close to getting to half its height, but I heard it was only 1/3.
Actually, it is less than 1/3 of its total height. On the SSP forum, post number 4497, there is an elevation and section drawing, that I saved to my computer. I was able to print the section image at my office on a 24x36 sheet. Using a caliper, I measured from the sidewalk level to the last completed poured floor (30 window spaces, 26 actual floors. I am not including the current floor formwork), then move the caliper up so the bottom needle on the caliper was positioned on the last completed floor for the second measurement. The top needle rested on the 54th floor (58 window spaces), then repeated it for the third measurement. The top needle then rested on the 82nd floor (86 window spaces). There were six window spaces to the top of the building left above the third caliper measurement.

Kanto, Swiddle liked this post
marcatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #8735
New Jack City
User

Likes (Received): 44

I took this today after work:

Old September 18th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #8736
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

One thing is for sure: this will be very glassy when the covering is removed from. All of those windows.

Kanto liked this post
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #8737
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
Actually, it is less than 1/3 of its total height. On the SSP forum, post number 4497, there is an elevation and section drawing, that I saved to my computer. I was able to print the section image at my office on a 24x36 sheet. Using a caliper, I measured from the sidewalk level to the last completed poured floor (30 window spaces, 26 actual floors. I am not including the current floor formwork), then move the caliper up so the bottom needle on the caliper was positioned on the last completed floor for the second measurement. The top needle rested on the 54th floor (58 window spaces), then repeated it for the third measurement. The top needle then rested on the 82nd floor (86 window spaces). There were six window spaces to the top of the building left above the third caliper measurement.
So there are 30 apparent floors (window spaces) that are complete, 2 apparent floors as completed core and additional 2 apparent floors of core being poured behind the forms, right?
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #8738
marcatio

Likes (Received): 341

Kanto,

I am only counting the floors, irrespective of the core. When I did my first measurement, from grade (sidewalk) as I detailed in my post, I counted only the completed poured floor slabs to date, minus the floor slab currently being formed and rebar being placed. I have not included the core, or the future floors that the core would represent, nor the internal floor slabs within the core.

Also note, unfortunately, that once again, the important 59 St. cam is down again.

Kanto liked this post
marcatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #8739
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Well, so it looks like the numbers of both of us are correct. Thanks for the info
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #8740
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcatio View Post
Also note, unfortunately, that once again, the important 59 St. cam is down again.
Not anymore, three really good views on the busy site now.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall