daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 26th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #8881
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5311

The fact that it's so tall is what makes it memorable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewtclover View Post
And, I mean, New York's a weird city, but I'm not sure if everyone wants to wrestle some random guy.
But the ladies do, especially in the dark.

iamtheSTIG, Kanto liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:12 AM   #8882
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Haha, I love these extra comments about the building put to prevent the off topic comments from being deleted.

This building is going to look so much better with the glass uncovered.

L.A.F.2. liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #8883
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5311

It's all a cover-up!

And I agree, I can't wait to see those glassy façades.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #8884
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

why are the cranes still connected to the ground? I expected to see them attached to the bldg,, they are as well, but why still to the ground? seems kinda wasteful,, for lack of better words.
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #8885
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

It would be hard to connect the base to the side without damaging the concrete, and I guess the footprint is too small to keep them at the top.

bigreach liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #8886
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5338

Now they are the right distance from the tower to cover a large area on both sides and the whole tower. There isn't enough space for them on the tower itself.

Kanto liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #8887

Likes (Received): 368

First post, so be nice!

I noticed that the concrete has some discolouration with a few dark patches, will these marks be scrubbed/removed when the building is finished or do the mark come as a cost of using concrete?

Kanto, L.A.F.2. liked this post
#99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #8888
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6489

Quote:
Originally Posted by #99 View Post
First post, so be nice!

I noticed that the concrete has some discolouration with a few dark patches, will these marks be scrubbed/removed when the building is finished or do the mark come as a cost of using concrete?
HOW DARE YOU ASK SUCH AN ASININE QUESTION!!! HUH??

Just joking... hehe. Welcome and I wish I could answer that question for you but I certainly hope there will be a way to clean it up.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #8889
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
I want to say Vertical Gotham's only visited the new site once, and he lives in the Upper East side.
That is true! lol.

I remember the day I saw WTC and it was the same day you arrived NYC via Newark?? The closest I had been to the WTC site since then was SoHo last weekend.

I however do see 432, One57 plenty. Patiently waiting for 107 and 225 to rise.
Old September 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #8890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
HOW DARE YOU ASK SUCH AN ASININE QUESTION!!! HUH??

Just joking... hehe. Welcome and I wish I could answer that question for you but I certainly hope there will be a way to clean it up.

Are the marks noticeable when viewing it in person, or do they only become noticeable when studying it closely?
Old September 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #8891
Vertical_Gotham

Honestly no not really but then again I did not really try to study the concrete. But the concrete overall looks awesome though...I was just in awe how fast this was rising and imagining this thing rising and rising and rising and rising. lol. I will try to take notice the next time I pass by and will let you know.

#99, Kanto liked this post
Old September 26th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #8892
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

my clip of 432

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5R-AKkVz-A

iamtheSTIG, Kanto liked this post
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #8893
Vertical_Gotham

Here is an article from financial times talking about 432 Park and other great projects.

For those who are wondering what is the % of buyers that are from the U.S buying at 432 Park Avenue. It is a whopping 70%

"I want to wake up in that city"

New York is now home to the world’s highest concentration of billionaires and some 389,000 millionaires. David Kaufman reports on how this new demographic is redefining the city’s prime residential property market

http://howtospendit.ft.com/property/...p-in-that-city

Quote:
Fuelling this price hike is an unprecedented increase in New York-based wealth. According to a May report from consultancy WealthInsight, the city is now home to the world’s highest concentration of billionaires and the second-largest millionaire community after Tokyo. Along with their foreign counterparts, these 70 billionaires and some 389,000 millionaires are redefining the concept of “prime” residential property. And Manhattan developers are scrambling to meet – if not exceed – their ever-more sophisticated demands.

“Billionaires were always bullish on Manhattan, but they were never prepared to pay these kinds of prices before,” says Nikki Field, senior global real-estate adviser at Sotheby’s International. Pamela Liebman, president and CEO of The Corcoran Group, adds: “And it’s not just the typical group of foreign buyers, but a whole new class of billionaires from across America – high-tech folk, energy-boom moguls, people from businesses and places you’ve never seen before.”
Quote:
Manhattan’s new generation of billionaire buyers has already established clear priorities and patterns. “Many of today’s wealthiest buyers are seeking properties of at least 6,500sq ft,” says Jonathan Miller, president of Miller Samuel Real Estate Appraisers. “What’s more, they want those spaces to be more ‘open plan’ in design, with high ceilings, large windows and full ‘concierge-style’ services.” With properties on this scale still relatively scarce, Manhattan developers are recognising the value of city-centre residences sized like suburban homes.
Quote:
With its “brand-name” architects and towering design, 56 Leonard exemplifies the most conspicuous target of Manhattan’s billionaire buyers: ultra-luxurious residential skyscrapers. Two aforementioned Midtown projects currently dominate this sector – architect Christian de Portzamparc’s 94-condominium One57 across from Carnegie Hall, and the 115-unit 432 Park Avenue between East 56th and 57th Streets, designed by Rafael Viñoly. While differing in amenities and aesthetics, the towers are emblems of what Sotheby’s Field calls “the best of brand New York”. Their views stretch from Central Park to the Hudson and beyond; they are close to Manhattan’s commercial, cultural and retail cores; and each one upon completion – One57 in mid-2014 and 432 Park Avenue in 2015 – will become New York’s tallest residential building (the tallest in the hemisphere in the case of the 1,396ft 432 Park Avenue)
Quote:
432 Park Avenue and One57 are backed by seasoned, high-profile developers as wealthy and discerning as many of their buyers: Macklowe Properties’ Harry B Macklowe (working in conjunction with CIM Group) at the former and Gary Barnett of Extell Development Company at the latter. For Macklowe (a noted art and architecture enthusiast), Viñoly’s grid-like arrangement of 10ft by 10ft windows is “seductive and classical – a wonderfully pure example of architecture inspired somewhat by Austrian Secessionist architect Josef Hoffmann”. Viñoly’s design stands in sharp contrast to One57’s darkly fluid, glass-panelled façade.

Another key difference is that One57 will include – and be fully serviced by – a flagship Park Hyatt hotel, while 432 Park Avenue is residential only, though with a private restaurant, spa, screening room and concierges. Macklowe says that this set-up is a nod “to privacy and exclusivity. 432 Park Avenue is totally dedicated to its residents.” And with 70 per cent of the building’s buyers coming from the US, including many already based in Manhattan, it makes sense that it has forgone the hotel.
Quote:
As New York’s new billionaire buyers push prime-property figures close to that magical $100m mark, real-estate insiders are quietly wondering whether these prices can be sustained. Already, One57 developer Extell is working on a mixed-use tower poised to top 1,500ft in height – and exceed its predecessor’s prices. But Macklowe is adamant that 432 Park Avenue, despite its $7m entry point (rising to $95m), represents value: “The ceiling heights, finishings and unusual windows are like works of art,” he says.

jconyc, Kanto, MarshallKnight liked this post
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #8894
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

Here's a sample of Berenholtz's work:

http://www.designboom.com/architectu...lest-building/

Last edited by desertpunk; September 26th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #8895

I wish that video was longer!
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #8896
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Here is an article from financial times talking about 432 Park and other great projects.

For those who are wondering what is the % of buyers that are from the U.S buying at 432 Park Avenue. It is a whopping 70%

"I want to wake up in that city"

New York is now home to the world’s highest concentration of billionaires and some 389,000 millionaires. David Kaufman reports on how this new demographic is redefining the city’s prime residential property market

http://howtospendit.ft.com/property/...p-in-that-city
Quote:
Another key difference is that One57 will include – and be fully serviced by – a flagship Park Hyatt hotel, while 432 Park Avenue is residential only, though with a private restaurant, spa, screening room and concierges. Macklowe says that this set-up is a nod “to privacy and exclusivity. 432 Park Avenue is totally dedicated to its residents.” And with 70 per cent of the building’s buyers coming from the US, including many already based in Manhattan, it makes sense that it has forgone the hotel.
I am confused, wasn't it suppose to have some sort of boutique hotel in some lower floors? Or I am wrong?

BTW, I think that today they didn't do any pour, did they? I wonder way, that means that we can't expect another jump until saturday. Last one was last saturday, so it would be a whole week between jumps, the longest period for a while.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #8897
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by #99 View Post
First post, so be nice!

Hi!

I remember my first post. I was afraid that everyone was going to call me a rookie because it was my first post, but everyone treated me nicely. So I'm going to follow the golden rule.

So, welcome! Have you been on the website before registering? Because I visited here for over a year before registering. More importantly, do you have any interest or experience in architecture?

I wish you a warm and happy welcome. Keep posting, #99.

#99, Kanto liked this post
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #8898
seb.nl

Likes (Received): 1309

Crap. i just noticed something...

Don't hate me for this

Kanto liked this post
seb.nl está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #8899
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

What is that?
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #8900
t94

Likes (Received): 844

It's an optical illusion that creates black dots at the intersections of white lines. The column/row intersections on 432 are either appear too far away or appear too big for this effect to occur.

Kanto liked this post
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall