daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #9621
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1565

I'm sorry but I just find this to be an overwhelmingly undazzling piece of architecture. It's dull, boring and tasteless. There's nothing unique or celebratory about its architectural facade and it looks like something a schoolkid drew. Sure it's impressive in its height, but aside that it's atrocious.

Nonoka, melrocks50, Philly Bud liked this post

Last edited by Joshua Dodd; November 13th, 2013 at 07:31 AM.
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #9622
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
I'm sorry but I just find this to be an overwhelmingly undazzling piece of architecture. It's dull, boring and tasteless. There's nothing unique or celebratory about its architectural facade and it looks like something a schoolkid drew. Sure it's impressive in its height, but aside that it's atrocious.
No need to apologize! Taste is subjective. You may like pink Cadillacs and I like Black Porsches.

Sometimes beauty is in its simplicity. Some guys like their girl all dolled up with all the bells and whistles and I prefer my gurl to be simple and elegant. This is how I view 432 PA.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

L.A.F.2., Harrington liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #9623
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
No need to apologize! Taste is subjective. You may like pink Cadillacs and I like Black Porsches.

Sometimes beauty is in its simplicity. Some guys like their girl all dolled up with all the bells and whistles and I prefer my gurl to be simple and elegant. This is how I view 432 PA.
I don't see any form of elegance in this structure. I just see a rectangle with squares and nothing more. The Chrysler Building is elegant and a great piece of architecture.
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #9624
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6489

I'm not saying this thing is going to win any beauty contest cuz it's not. What makes this nice is that it's one of a kind in the city, the simplicity and the combination with its sheer height. Just as long there is no copycat built here in the city, it is special building. The concrete mimicking limestone and the size of the windows makes it look IMO elegant. Where this tower will really shine is at night. As far as design this easily does not reach my top 10 list of current NYC projects, but with the height it certainly does as the whole package for me.
Old November 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #9625
MrSlippery519

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
I don't see any form of elegance in this structure. I just see a rectangle with squares and nothing more. The Chrysler Building is elegant and a great piece of architecture.
And that is your opinion like Vertical said, that said some people love it which is also ok.

Kanto liked this post
MrSlippery519 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #9626
Architecture lover

Likes (Received): 1332

Edit.

Kanto liked this post

Last edited by Architecture lover; July 10th, 2014 at 10:52 PM.
Architecture lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #9627
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture lover View Post
In my opinion this tower suits very well on NYC, for me it's way better than any other kitch tower all around the world.I just can't wait to see the final product.
And it will fit even better when more of these skinny 400m+ towers are build

Kanto, Joshua Dodd liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #9628
SMCYB

Likes (Received): 1712

The core seems to have risen. So here are the latest victims.

(SSP)

iamtheSTIG, Kanto, bigreach, meds liked this post
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #9629
Architecture lover

Edit.

Old November 13th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #9630
FlyFish

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
The simple (elegant) design fits good with the rest of the NYC (Manhattan). Naturally when the rest of the supertalls will join the party it would be even better.
I'm just afraid that as it is so skinny its going to look like a smokestack with windows.
FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #9631
Architecture lover

Edit.

Old November 13th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #9632
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3547

Well, with this newest core rising the building currently has 39 apparent floors and this means that the building is currently 184 meters or 605 feet tall

Roof height used below

iamtheSTIG, bigreach liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #9633
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Cool article: http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/2...2-park-avenue/

432 Park Avenue

November 11th, 2013

Quote:
432 Park Avenue is an new iconic structure rising at the corner of 56th Street in midtown Manhattan (thanks to Darrell for bringing it to my attention). When completed in 2015 it will be the tallest residential tower in the Western hemisphere and the second tallest building in New York City after the One World Trade Center (formerly known as the Freedom Tower).
Quote:
The address is what initially interested me. 432 is a very significant number. 432 is part of a doubling sequence: 108, 216, 432, 864, 1728, 3456 wherein each term encodes secrets in plain sight.

432 Park has a very simple design based on “the purest geometric form: the square,” according to its architect Rafael Viñoly.

I noticed that each floor plate has an area of 8640 square feet. The tower has a total of 2016 windows with a total glazed area of 201,600 square feet.

In my book Taking Measure: Explorations in Number, Architecture, and Consciousness I explain how the material matrix in which we are embedded is based on the decimal system and why my qualitative numerological analyses discount the placeholder zero. Therefore, 432 Park’s floors and windows encode 864 and 216, the terms neighboring 432 in the doubling sequence.

The building height had me stumped for a while until I realized that 1398 feet = 864 x Phi. Phi is the golden ratio. See SIPS Volume 1 for how Phi is encoded in the Great Pyramid, the Washington Monument, and UN Headquarters which is visible from the windows of 432 Park incidentally.

The windows of 432 Park seem to underline the fundamental importance of the decimal system. Each of the 2016 windows is a 10 foot square having 100 square feet glazed area. Each side of the tower has 6 windows so looking around the penthouse you see 6, 6, 6, and 6 windows. The ceiling height is 12’6″, or 6′+6′+6″.

216 = 6x6x6.
Moon’s diameter = 2160 miles (99.9%).
Earth’s orbital velocity 66,660 miles/hour.
Earth’s precessional cycle is 6x6x6! or 25,920 years.
Arctic Circle to Equator = Pole to Tropics = 66.6 degrees (credit: William Neil).

The construction costs of 432 Park exceed $1.25 billion. The owner-developer Harry Macklowe expects to sell over $3 billion of condos in 432 Park. -Source The penthouse has already sold for $95 million. This ultraluxury tower is certainly for the one percent.

Interestingly Macklowe purchased the Drake Hotel at 440 Park for $440 million and tore it down to make room for the residential tower with the new address of 432 Park.

In Yards I discussed how the Great Pyramid is metrological model of the Earth in 1:43,200 scale.

The height of the Great Pyramid times 43,200 = Earth’s polar radius in feet (99.7%)
The base perimeter times 43,200 = Earth’s equatorial circumference in feet (99.4%)

At an average rate of 72 beats per minute, in 1 hour the human heart will have beat 4320 times. In 12 hours, or 43,200 seconds, the heart will have beat 51,840 times. The Great Pyramid slope is 51.84 degrees.

432 x 432 is the speed of light in miles/sec (99.8%).

In the Hindu vedas, which are among the world’s oldest sacred texts, the Kali yuga (“the age of vice”) is said to last 432,000 years. Most interpreters of Hindu scriptures believe that Earth is currently in the Kali Yuga.

360 feet = 4320 inches
360 yards = 1080 feet

Venus is an average of 108 million km from the Sun (99.8%).
The Sun’s diameter is approximately 108 Earth diameters (99%).
The Earth is 108 solar diameters from the Sun (99.5%).
The Earth has a volume of 108 x 10^10 cubic km. (99.7%).
The Moon is 108 lunar diameters from the Earth (98%).
The Moon’s radius is 1080 miles (99.9%).
The element silver, which has always been associated with the Moon, has an atomic weight of 108 g/mol.
There are 108 double stitches on a baseball.
The highest frequency in FM radio is 108 MHz.

432 Hz tuning is the Verdi tuning .
432,000 mile Solar radius (99.8%).

86,400 seconds in 24 hours exactly.
864,000 mile diameter of the Sun (99.8%).
Canberra’s Parlimentary Triangle has a 8640 meter perimeter (credit: Jan Thulstrup).
The distance from Stonehenge to Silbury Hill is 86,400 feet (credit: John Michell and Robin Heath).
Place de la Concorde in Paris is 86,400 square meters in area.
The Transamerica Pyramid is 864 feet high including its mast.
The distance from the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco to One Canada Square in London is 8641 km. One Canada Square was originally designed to be 864 feet high.

1728 billion cubic furlongs is the volume of New Jerusalem as described in Revelation.

3456 ancient Egyptian royal miles in the Earth’s polar radius (99.99%). A royal mile is defined as exactly 8/7 of a statute mile.

Ray Tomes discovered that powers of 34560 structure the universe:

If we take the average distance between moons and multiply it by a factor of 34560, we get the average distance between planets.
Take the average distance between planets, multiply it by a factor of 34560 and we get the average distance between stars.
Multiply the average distance between stars by a factor of 34560 and we get the average distance between galaxies.
Take the average distance between galaxies, multiply it by a factor of 34560 and we get the size of the known Universe.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #9634
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5311

Quote:
In my opinion this tower suits very well on NYC, for me it's way better than any other kitch tower all around the world.I just can't wait to see the final product.
Exactly.

Kanto, roydex liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #9635
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Also, as SMCYB pointed out, the core jumped today, putting us at a 2 day construction schedule!

Though we did see this happen from August 21st to August 23rd (and maybe one or two times since), this quick a construction schedule is incredibly rare. If we continue at this rate, we should be around floor 60 by the end of the year.

Anyhow, something else interesting happened today. It appears the area where structural steel for the Apple facility has either been poured or something laid atop sections of that area since yesterday.
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #9636
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2445

I think you are confused, I don't remember when it was the las jump, but it wasn't two days ago. It was at least a week ago.

Kanto liked this post
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #9637
King of Construction
skyscraperized

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
Also, as SMCYB pointed out, the core jumped today, putting us at a 2 day construction schedule!

Though we did see this happen from August 21st to August 23rd (and maybe one or two times since), this quick a construction schedule is incredibly rare. If we continue at this rate, we should be around floor 60 by the end of the year.

Anyhow, something else interesting happened today. It appears the area where structural steel for the Apple facility has either been poured or something laid atop sections of that area since yesterday.
Last core jump was 29th of October, so quite some time ago.

That's 16 days between core jumps, makes it very slow, maybe one of the slowest intervals since it started rising.

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales

Kanto, Vertical_Gotham liked this post
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #9638
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

I was talking about having a forms raised yesterday and core jump today. Usually forms are raised the day after the core jumps and there's a day or two in between. We aren't seeing that day or two here. That would mean no break, thus a 2 day cycle. We'll have to look for confirmation tomorrow by checking for lifted forms, I guess. If they are lifted tomorrow, then we are definitely seeing a 2 day cycle.

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #9639
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2445

I highly doubt that is the case. I don't think it is a two day cycle, but that they changed the order this time, as you said, they usually jump the core and the next day they raised the outer forms, but this time they raised the outer forms before jumping the core (I think they raised the forms twice without jumping the core)
I guess we may see another jump by the end of the week, friday or saturday, at earliest.

I've checked, and they raised the core on october 29th as king of construction said, then they raised the outer forms on november 2nd and raised them again yesterday to finally raise the core again today.

october 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by t94 View Post
The answer is posted on this same page. Do a bit of reading before you ask.

On the other hand, a core jump seems to have been in order.

november 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheSTIG View Post
The wall forms are currently rising, and it appears that one of the cranes has been raised slightly as well?

Kanto liked this post

Last edited by CCs77; November 14th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #9640
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

I am still a bit skeptical because that was for MEP floors as well. Tomorrow will tell I guess.

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall