daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #1021
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Aon Center ugly? Thats something new

I personally think that after 9/11 aon is worlds best classic box standing, period

It has great cladding and what I think is very important in boxy towers perfect proportions.

I like 432 more and more, but its proportions still make it look rather odd.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Highcliff liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #1022
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

People will love it..90% of the buildings get hated at the start..It's boring, dull, ugly, simple, box, etc..I'll quote this in a couple of years when this gets tall..

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=94370

DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #1023
WonderlandPark
nomadist

Likes (Received): 478

I would really LOVE to see how this is going to be engineered, tall and very thin relative, I don't think they would use outrigger construction on this, perhaps just a ton of concrete, like Dubai?

WonderlandPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #1024
Arawooho

Likes (Received): 68

I'm soo excited for this. It will definitively allow for a great view from my condo ;-)

Arawooho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #1025
CantFindMe
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Let's get things into perspective.

This is relatively short, fat, and ugly:

This is relatively tall, thin, and handsome:
[IMG]http://t3.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6f5-M88aWhO-KpZTzdbYq_TTSpKZNar-jjJFsIn0bzytRv-aeq8L1_YQ[/IMG]

my friend, i think you made a mistake there. aon center is in fact one of the, if not the, most handsome box in the world. why do you always bash other cities? it seems that you possess a strong sense of insecurity about your city.

Last edited by CantFindMe; January 14th, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
CantFindMe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #1026
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 93

MY GOD, 432 meters?!
The height is even better than I imagined ... It is amazing to think that Midtown will finally have a building with more than 400 meters.

Anyway, it seems that the reign of the World Trade Center as the tallest building in the city (roof height) will not last long. And this is very good for the city, shows that the city continues to grow.

rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #1027
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFindMe View Post
my friend, i think you made a mistake there. aon center is in fact one of the, if not the, most handsome box in the world. why do you always bash other cities? it seems that you possess a strong sense of insecurity about your city.
That's quite a comical statement coming from someone with a vast complex vis-a-vis NYC.

My comparison to Aon is meant to highlight the absurdity of rants with respect to this tower which is 40% taller than Aon, about a quarter as fat and will have a sleek, structural facade, in contrast to Aon's fascist marble one. In addition, 432 Park has the unique element of six floating towers as opposed to Aon's solid slab. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no one suggests that Aon is a monstrosity.

As I stated when I first described this tower months before the design was released, it's not the Torre Verre landmark that I expected, but it's hardly a failure, as some ingenuously would suggest.

At any rate, it is amazing to think that in 2012, NY likely will have four residential towers of over 300m under construction. No city in a developed country matches that.

Last edited by RobertWalpole; January 14th, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #1028
CantFindMe
BANNED

Quote:
That's quite a comical statement coming from someone with a vast complex vis-a-vis NYC.

My comparison to Aon is meant to highlight the absurdity of rants with respect to this tower which is 40% taller than Aon, about a quarter as fat and will have a sleek, structural facade, in contrast to Aon's fascist marble one. In addition, 432 Park has the unique element of six floating towers as opposed to Aon's solid slab. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no one suggests that Aon is a monstrosity.

As I stated when I first described this tower months before the design was released, it's not the Torre Verre landmark that I expected, but it's hardly a failure, as some ingenuously would suggest.

At any rate, it is amazing to think that in 2012, NY likely will have four residential towers of over 300m under construction. No city in a developed country matches that.
i find your inferiority complex quite amusing. nothing quite entertains me like a person who spouts an air of insecurity, especially over a trivial metter such as a skyscraper. i insist you keep it up. i need a good laugh every now and then.

Old January 14th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #1029
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
i find your inferiority complex quite amusing. nothing quite entertains me like a person who spouts an air of insecurity, especially over a trivial metter such as a skyscraper. i insist you keep it up. i need a good laugh every now and then.
The feeling is mutual, mate.

Old January 14th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #1030
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5171

Quote:
More like a "Superiority" Complex. He's been brigged before. He'll be banned eventually. Do your best to ignore trolls or add them to your ignore list so we don't have to derail threads any further than necessary.

Anyways. I know there are some town houses being demolished behind what's currently being excavated. Will those plots be part of this project as well? Making for possible a lower "L" shaped podium?

spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #1031
Thanial

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencharles View Post
MY GOD, 432 meters?!

Actually it's 433m according to CTBUH.

Thanial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #1032
CantFindMe
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
More like a "Superiority" Complex. He's been brigged before. He'll be banned eventually. Do your best to ignore trolls or add them to your ignore list so we don't have to derail threads any further than necessary.

Anyways. I know there are some town houses being demolished behind what's currently being excavated. Will those plots be part of this project as well? Making for possible a lower "L" shaped podium?
i dont understand. i express my displeasure with this tower, and i get people calling me a "city-bashing brit" and people like robert typing small essays about why they believe new york is going to rule the world, london is going to catastrophically collapse, etc. ive praised buildings like 1 wtc, yet still i get attacked for expressing an opinion. whats the problem?

Old January 14th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #1033
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post

Really? The city booster thing has gone too far now. Stop the fighting and the NY vs London crap, we're all bored to tears.

Last edited by aquablue; January 14th, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #1034
Arawooho

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
i dont understand. i express my displeasure with this tower, and i get people calling me a "city-bashing brit" and people like robert typing small essays about why they believe new york is going to rule the world, london is going to catastrophically collapse, etc. ive praised buildings like 1 wtc, yet still i get attacked for expressing an opinion. whats the problem?
People live on bashing eachother for their differences. It's just how it works. I accept your views and opinions about this particular project. When I first saw this rendering about a 1300ft+ box I thought "you're kidding me right?"

Arawooho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #1035
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Go for it! This building will rock Midtown when complete.
A classic boxy building.

Kimiwind1184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #1036
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
I believe he was talking about Robert. Seems like I'm not the only one who sens his superiority complex after all Aon's fascist facade? You are going down buddy

Anyways maybe something on topic for a change:

I looked trough the other works of Rafael Viñoly the architect of 443. Granted they do love boxes I found the one below, Flatotel in NY. I think this is more or less how the cladding of 443 may actually look like. Maybe it won't be that bad after all. I like how the surface is 3d. At least not another boring flat glass wall.

image hosted on flickr

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; January 14th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #1037
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:

Dude, we ALL like NYC, your constant arrogance and city bashing gets on everyones nerves though, NY is my favorite city and even I am annoyed by your antics, so stop. Thanks.

If this is 432 meters it would trump the WTC which is very needed, I don't want 1WTC to be the tallest in the city.

Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #1038
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post

I looked trough the other works of Rafael Viñoly the architect of 443. Granted they do love boxes I found the one below, Flatotel in NY. I think this is more or less how the cladding of 443 may actually look like. Maybe it won't be that bad after all. I like how the surface is 3d. At least not another boring flat glass wall.

I thought the same the other day..Facade will have interesting texture which will change from different points of views..I was thinkin' of making a model to show it..

DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1039
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
I thought the same the other day..Facade will have interesting texture which will change from different points of views..I was thinkin' of making a model to show it..
A rendering of the metal, structural facade has been posted.

Old January 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #1040
Vito Corleone

Likes (Received): 324

The height figure of 432.8 m. is not official. It came from an article in the WSJ a few months ago. Hopefully, someone will get a look at some drawings soon.

Vito Corleone no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall