daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #1061
Costa&Ribeiro

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
You clearly know nothing about NY real estate. They're getting $10k/sf at One 57, and this is a better location.
They already got USD10.000/sf?

You might be seeing just the asking price, it means nothing.

Highcliff liked this post
Costa&Ribeiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #1062
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
I think that Aon is fine. My point was quite simply that it's disingenuous to call 432 Park hideous and Aon stunning. 432 is 40 percent taller, much thinner and has a sleek, modern metal and glass facade, together with six floating towers.
So your thinking is that nobody can find Aon very nice and 432 Park disgusting because if something is taller and thinner it MUST be nicer? I'm not sure everyone sticks by your rule there.

Last edited by Bruce.Tenmile; January 16th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #1063
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa&Ribeiro

Costa, there are plenty of recorded transactions in NYC at or above that price. New York is becoming the city of choice for the global super rich with buyers from as far afield as Russia, India, the Mid-East and China. It's a small market but I don't 128 apartments would be very difficult to sell.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #1064
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
I think that Aon is fine. My point was quite simply that it's disingenuous to call 432 Park hideous and Aon stunning. 432 is 40 percent taller, much thinner and has a sleek, modern metal and glass facade, together with six floating towers.
40% taller than AON (1136 feet) would be about 1600 feet, this building is not that tall.

Hopefully it is 1420, but from the looks of the renderings more like 1350, I could obviously be wrong though.

How tall is the 4 seasons? This is slightly more than twice as tall in the model.

Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #1065
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by the man from k-town View Post
i hope this hasn't been posted yet:

EDIT:

Four seasons is 682 feet tall, this tower is more than double measured in pixels coming out to 1420, but lets hope the real thing matches the massing model.

Old January 16th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #1066
Costa&Ribeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
Costa, there are plenty of recorded transactions in NYC at or above that price. New York is becoming the city of choice for the global super rich with buyers from as far afield as Russia, India, the Mid-East and China. It's a small market but I don't 128 apartments would be very difficult to sell.
I don't think It will be very hard to sell any luxury apartment at NYC in acceptable prices for their location.Anyway NYC, as always, attracted global super rich, with buyers all over the world.

15 CPW Penthouse - 6,775 sf - USD 88.000.000,00 : USD 12.000/sf
One57 Penthouse - 10,923 sf - USD 98.500.000,00 : USD 9.000/sf

As you can see the asking price for One57's penthouse is something like USD 9.000/sf, and there is no doubt that despite 432 Park Ave own a better location, the CP views from One57 are considerably better.

You need to analyze that the transaction of Mr.Weill's penthouse just got the asking price because of his plan to donate the proceeds to charity.And It's in 15 CPW, the best building ever made in Manhattan.

Old January 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #1067
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Even though I'm a huge fan of nature I personaly would still prefer to live in 432 Park to living in 157. In my opinion if somebody wants nature they won't buy a penthouse in a dense city so I think the superior city view of 432 Park will result in the asking price for it's top penthouses to be incredibly high

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1068
Costa&Ribeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Even though I'm a huge fan of nature I personaly would still prefer to live in 432 Park to living in 157. In my opinion if somebody wants nature they won't buy a penthouse in a dense city so I think the superior city view of 432 Park will result in the asking price for it's top penthouses to be incredibly high
Yes, the asking price will be incredible high, as the asking price for One57's Penthouse.

Anyway, the city views from One57 are pretty impressive:

http://one57.com/#!/panorama

Last edited by Costa&Ribeiro; January 16th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1069
Fardeb

Likes (Received): 5

It looks like look they are a ways along in the prep stage, anyone know what the purpose of that section they have been building today is ? Haven't been here for very long when does something like this switch from prep to U/C?

Last edited by Fardeb; January 16th, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Fardeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1070
Hendycfc

Likes (Received): 422

[QUOTE=Kanto;87596396] Even though I'm a huge fan of nature I personaly would still prefer to live in 432 Park to living in 157. In my opinion if somebody wants nature they won't buy a penthouse in a dense city so I think the superior city view of 432 Park will result in the asking price for it's top penthouses to be incredibly high [/QUOTE

It's difficult to choose. 432 park you get a better view of all round new york but on 157 you get a face on view of central park and a good view of most of new york.... it's not about the nature, central park is just beautiful.

Hendycfc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #1071
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

It'll all depend on how One57 does, if it does incredibly well and sells at the prices they're asking, the people here might feel obligated to raise their prices to that level or even higher. Same thing happened to One57, they saw how the apartment at 15 CPW sold so they raised their price for the penthouse.

zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #1072
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapor1 View Post
It'll all depend on how One57 does, if it does incredibly well and sells at the prices they're asking, the people here might feel obligated to raise their prices to that level or even higher. Same thing happened to One57, they saw how the apartment at 15 CPW sold so they raised their price for the penthouse.
I don't want to change the subject too much, but to address One57 apparently a single Chinese buyer bought four separate units all of at least $20M. Extell didn't outsource the selling of the units but decided to do it themselves so information is tough to come by, plus, in todays economy if an American were to buy an insane unit here there could be some public backlash with so many Americans struggling, so buyers are probably keeping purchases pretty hush hush.

But all indications are that it is selling extremely well, especially for a building a that's a year + away from being done. Sales at One57 will also really influence Extell's other 57th St site a block west at 225 W57th and their ability to get financing, and Tower Verre as well.

Sorry for taking this a bit off topic.

yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #1073
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

This is awesome. It will be the tallest building in the US. Its about time we get a new tallest. I have been very disappointed that the new WTC doesnt feature a tallest.

Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #1074
Jay

^huh? Sears tower is taller than this by roof and WTC by pinnacle and maybe by roof

Old January 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #1075
PDC1987

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa&Ribeiro View Post

The asking prices at One57 keep going up because the demand is through the roof.

PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #1076
PDC1987

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
I don't think It will be very hard to sell any luxury apartment at NYC in acceptable prices for their location.Anyway NYC, as always, attracted global super rich, with buyers all over the world.

15 CPW Penthouse - 6,775 sf - USD 88.000.000,00 : USD 12.000/sf
One57 Penthouse - 10,923 sf - USD 98.500.000,00 : USD 9.000/sf

As you can see the asking price for One57's penthouse is something like USD 9.000/sf, and there is no doubt that despite 432 Park Ave own a better location, the CP views from One57 are considerably better
And once again, the asking price for the One 57 penthouse was just raised to $110 million.

About the CP views from One57 and 432, One57 is closer to CP but the 432 penthouse will be 400+ ft higher in the air.

PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #1077
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
I don't want to change the subject too much, but to address One57 apparently a single Chinese buyer bought four separate units all of at least $20M. Extell didn't outsource the selling of the units but decided to do it themselves so information is tough to come by, plus, in todays economy if an American were to buy an insane unit here there could be some public backlash with so many Americans struggling, so buyers are probably keeping purchases pretty hush hush.

But all indications are that it is selling extremely well, especially for a building a that's a year + away from being done. Sales at One57 will also really influence Extell's other 57th St site a block west at 225 W57th and their ability to get financing, and Tower Verre as well.

Sorry for taking this a bit off topic.
No problem, analyzing the economical background of residential buildings in NYC is on topic. I agree with you, the luxury residential market in NYC is currently experiencing awesome times and this building is atm the absolute pinnacle of it. Right now I'd say that the residential tall projects have a higher chance of being built than the office projects do. Also, I'd say that this building will be at least the rumored 432 meters if not more cause with such tremendous prices of it's penthouses every single story of it will generate profit so the more floors, the more profit

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1078
Costa&Ribeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC1987 View Post
And once again, the asking price for the One 57 penthouse was just raised to $110 million.

About the CP views from One57 and 432, One57 is closer to CP but the 432 penthouse will be 400+ ft higher in the air.
Yes, Mr.Barnett can set it up whenever he wants, if tomorrow he wakes up in a bad mood, he could now just ask USD 150.000.000,00.

But if a buyer just pop up with USD 90.000.000,00, or a little less, don't doubt he will sells it with no doubt.

Old January 17th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #1079
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Yes, Mr.Barnett can set it up whenever he wants, if tomorrow he wakes up in a bad mood, he could now just ask USD 150.000.000,00.

But if a buyer just pop up with USD 90.000.000,00, or a little less, don't doubt he will sells it with no doubt.
In all due respect, as someone who lives 6000km across the Atlantic from NYC, the basis for your definitive statements regarding the Manhattan property market appear to be utterly groundless, and, as a matter of fact, they are manifestly incorrect.

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #1080
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severiano View Post
This is awesome. It will be the tallest building in the US. Its about time we get a new tallest. I have been very disappointed that the new WTC doesnt feature a tallest.
Um.. the new 1 WTC will be the tallest building in the US. Even if you're measuring by roof height (which isn't official) Willis Tower is still taller.

WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall