daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 28th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #101
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 59485

No city comparisons and the likes in here. Please stay on topic, which is the project at 440 Park Avenue, thanks.

Btw, that posted link doesn't seem to work.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Highcliff liked this post
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #102
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

how tall is this building going to be.

yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #103
bennyboo

Likes (Received): 71

i believe that is still a mystery

bennyboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #104
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
No city comparisons and the likes in here. Please stay on topic, which is the project at 440 Park Avenue, thanks.

Btw, that posted link doesn't seem to work.
Try this one. It seems that when RW posts links here, they get truncated.
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM   #105
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

Curbed

Quote:
1,000 Feet is Now the Magic Number on 57th Street

Monday, August 1, 2011, by Sara Polsky

Not content to let New York by Gehry hang onto the tall building spotlight for too long, there's an update today on One57, the 57th Street Extell-developed megatower that will probably be starting sales this fall. Twenty-two of 90 floors have been built for the 1,004-foot building, according to the Journal—and since New York by Gehry is only 870 feet tall, One57 might take away the "hemisphere's tallest" crown. The state attorney general's office has already approved sales, and there are contracts out, at prices of around $5,000/square foot. And for whatever doesn't get sold, Extell has an insurance plan: an Abu Dhabi government fund has promised to buy any unsold condo units.

If they do all sell, there will be two other 1,000-foot-and-up options nearby. There's the recently-resurrected, 1,050-foot Tower Verre, which will include residential units. Then there's the former Drake Hotel site, which has the rights to be at least 1,000 feet tall and could include luxury condos. Will there be that many takers for high-end, high-up real estate in Midtown?

Highcliff, Zaz965 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM   #106
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

The 2 Aug 2011 edition of the NY Post reports that CIM has acquired No. 42 East 57th St in connection with the 300m + tower.

The 1 Aug. 2011 WSJ reported the same.

CIM, meanwhile, recently reached agreements to relocate two existing tenants on the south side of 57th street, British clothier Turnbull & Asser and Italian jewelry maker Buccellati. Their departures will allow CIM to demolish the existing stores and open up about 100 feet of space on the block, say people familiar with the matter.
The Los Angeles investors considered a boutique hotel at the site, which faces the five-star Four Seasons Hotel on 57th street, but are now expected to devote that space to luxury condos or office and retail, people who know CIM say.
The project is being designed by Rafael Vinoly.
CIM acquired the site of the former Drake Hotel on Park Avenue last year for $305 million, according to public property records. A CIM spokesman declined to comment on the project's financing.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Last edited by RobertWalpole; August 2nd, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM   #107
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

NY Post

Quote:
Showdown on East 57th St.

Last Updated: 1:57 AM, August 2, 2011
Posted: 12:00 AM, August 2, 2011

A classic, only-in-Manhattan holdout struggle is unfolding at 48 E. 57th St., one of a half-dozen retail townhouses CIM Group wants to raze for its planned skyscraper on the former Drake Hotel site.

While CIM hopes to build a 1,000-foot-tall tower, at least one piece of the puzzle continues to elude it: the retail townhouse owned by Jacob & Co. The jeweler owns the building, and a source said Jacob and CIM are "at least $20 million apart."

In recent days, CIM nailed down an agreement for Buccellati to give up its lease at 46 E. 57th. CIM owns that building as well as vacant nos. 38, 40, 44, and 50 E. 57th St. Buccellati's exit is said to have been negotiated by Prudential Douglas Elliman's Faith Hope Consolo, who uncharacteristically didn't return a call.

CIM also finalized a long-expected agreement for Turnbull & Asser, which owns 42 E. 57th St., to swap it for 50 E. 57th St. CIM needs to demolish nos. 38-48 to create a new fašade with 150 feet of sidewalk frontage.

----

Highcliff, Zaz965 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM   #108
RobertWalpole
BANNED

3 August 2011
NY Post

By Lois Weiss

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...gb7Zz5wR1dzJ/1

As Post colleague Steve Cuozzo reported yesterday, CIM and Harry Macklowe are making headway in buying out the retail townhouses along the East 57th Street side of the Drake Hotel site.

But it looks like no one is waiting to start working on the site.

Back in May, plans were filed for a new, six-story building designed by SLCE that skirts the townhouse issue by being erected along the rear and vacant 56th Street side and onto Park Avenue. This layout includes retail stores, a lobby, loading docks and cellar levels.

Those plans, however, have not yet been given a green light by the Buildings Dept., and it is unclear if that interim plan, which was likely a "base" for the 70-story skyscraper designed by Raphael Vinoly, will ever be implemented.

No matter, as Macklowe is expected to make a "major" announcement regarding the site come September. Stay tuned.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1TxjnCaxK

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #109
RobertWalpole
BANNED

This NB permit was filed with the DOB on 4 August 2011, but it reveals nothing.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=05

Old August 17th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #110
RobertWalpole
BANNED

CIM filed the following demo permit with the DOB on 15 Aug. 2011 for 38 E 57th St.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Old August 17th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #111
primus20

Likes (Received): 38

is there any photo?

I ♥ NY

primus20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #112
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1277

From SSP. If someones minds the posting here tell me and ill edit my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dino Vabec View Post
Dimensions of the lot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
The tower will not rise on that entire area. It will rise over only a small portion of it.

I am super excited to see this ones renderings.

germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #113
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 29170

A 300+ meter tower on that plot would be insane slender.

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #114
germantower
i ♥ NY

And as Robert mentioned. This one will use a "small" portion of the plot and will be the tallest of the 4 midtown biggies. So i except a very slender tower here. He said in SSP, that the Park Av stretch of this plot will house a retail base, so the tower will sit in the middle of the block. Which is very unusual for supertalls nowadays. Furthermore, i guess despite its height, it wont be that much visible from most vantage points of the Park Avenue. Since this building is surrounded and packed by already existing structures. It will have a bigger impact to the Madison Avenue, when seen from the entrance of the Sony building, or the atrium of the IBM tower. I wonder if one could seen it from one of the Trump tower's public outdoor teracces.

Last edited by germantower; August 17th, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #115
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
And as Robert mentioned. This one will use a "small" portion of the plot and will be the tallest of the 4 midtown biggies. So i except a very slender tower here. He said in SSP, that the Park Av stretch of this plot will house a retail base, sothe tower will sit in the middle of the block. Which is very unusual for supertalls nowadays. Furthermore, i guess despite its height, it wont be that much visible from some vantage points of the park Avenue. Since this building is surrounded and packed by already existing structures. It will have a bigger impact to the Madison Avenue, when seen from the entrance of the Sony building, or the atrium of the IBM tower. I wonder if one could seen it from one of the Trump tower's public outdoor teracces.
isnt 225 w 57th supposed to be around the same height as, or possibly taller than, this tower?
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #116
germantower
i ♥ NY

AFAIK this will be the tallest. I think the 225 w 57 one has air right for a 350m tower, while this one has air rights for a 390m tower. I hope Robert can clear that up for us, and if needed correct me.

Old August 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #117
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

I know there are zoning sector websites, I've used them before with work, but how do you gather data on air rights and things of that sort so fast Robert?

Dirty new yorker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #118
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
AFAIK this will be the tallest. I think the 225 w 57 one has air right for a 350m tower, while this one has air rights for a 390m tower. I hope Robert can clear that up for us, and if needed correct me.
That's correct. In fact, 440 Park could be more like 420m. 225 will be between 300m and 350m depending upon what the developer builds. If it has an office component, it will be around 300m. If it's purely residential/hotel, it will be at least 350m!

Old August 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #119
RobertWalpole
BANNED

With the success that Extell is having with One 57, which likely will be the lamest of the four residential supertalls, I say "Bring on Torre Verre, 440 Park and 225 W 57th ASAP!"

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/artic...on-57th-street

Penthouses at Extell's One57 ask $98.5MAugust 18, 2011 08:30AM

Extell President Gary Barnett and a rendering of One57
Two stellar penthouses at One57, Extell Development's prospective 1,000-foot condominium and hotel tower on West 57th Street, are being shopped around by the city's biggest brokers for $98.5 million apiece, the New York Post reported.

One penthouse on the 90th floor will clock in at 10,923 square feet, the Post said, while the other, on the 75th floor, will be 12,554 square feet. They may be the priciest preconstruction condos ever, sources said.

Slated to be the city's largest residential tower at 90 floors, the building is slated to be completed within two years. The developer is partnering on the project with an Abu Dhabi government fund, which controls most of the equity.

Designed by Christian de Portzamparc, the building will have a Park Hyatt hotel on its first 30 floors, and 95 luxury condos will take up the remaining 60 floors. [Post]

Old August 18th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #120
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Wow. Looks like I wont be living in the penthouse afterall...
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall