daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #1221
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post
What he mean't was they would make (if it was as popular as esb) $60,000,000 each year! So say 10 years? $600,000,000
3 million visitors a year (8,200 per day) going up to the top of this skinny tower? That'd be a pretty tight fit!

Highcliff liked this post
spectre000 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #1222
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
This is the model of what will be built. One can see the mechicals through the open floors that appear every six or seven stories.

What are they putting at the NE corner of Park & 56th Street? Looks like a glass box of some sort. I hope it's not an Apple store.

Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #1223
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

You mean at the base, I don't know I haven't seen renders of the base yet.

tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1224
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

There are some truly wonderful buildings in NYC, some of the best in the world, and in my opinion the ESB is STILL the best in the world, but I would agree with aquablue that Manhattan, whilst perhaps not dominated is certainly largely populated with international style boxes, some of which I really like and some of which I don't really like at all.

Robert seems to have this idea that he knows everything (or at least more than everyone else on the boards) about New York and anyone stating an opinion he disagrees with must be basing said opinion on an inadequate amount of information, and of course, he is in full possession of all the information, so his opinion is correct, though obviously the idea that an opinion can be 'correct' is floored at best anyway. More than that he seems to believe that anyone who makes even a slight criticism of his city must be incredibly envious and must hate NYC. I make many criticisms about my nearest big city, London all the time. That doesn't mean I hate it, I like it very much in fact. Robert himself I'm sure might criticise certain things about New York, but for some reason that doesn't mean he hates it.

I don't mean to lay into the chap too heavily, but seriously, the dude needs to chill and realise that criticism does not equal hatred. On the flip side, he does seem to know a lot about New York and he's informed me of some stuff I've asked so he's not a bad guy.

Last edited by Bruce.Tenmile; January 27th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #1225
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8238

one of my favorite projects in new york after 2WTC and 15 penn plaza

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #1226
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpaktu View Post
anymore update guys ?
According to http://432park.com/, they've got a new green dumpster into which they're dumping debris from the demolition on the 57th Street side

Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #1227
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post
That was towards Robert.....sorry didn't reload the page......Don't worry I'm on your side fully, this happens in every NYC thread with robert and it's really getting annoying to say the least.

Really???.......Both chrysler are 'boxes' with spires/architectural crowns.....don't get me wrong I think both are amazing pieces of architecture, but they are boxes and you have to face the truth that most of NYC is made up of boxes, some very nice boxes, but there are no buildings in NYC with 'curves', and by curves I mean the actual building having curves not just the cladding....

There are several towers with curved facades -- as opposed to merely a curved crown like 157. Goldman is one and One State Street is another. Also, don't forget the stunning Lipstick building on 3rd Ave.

In addition, you forget that buildings with unique, curvy shapes are a new style of architecture that wasn't around 15 years ago. Consider a new skyline that was built in the 90s and early 2000s, such as Canary Wharf, in London. It's all boxes with not a curvy or unique-shaped tower to be found.

Last edited by RobertWalpole; January 28th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #1228
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Most notably 157 which is now under construction

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1229
kamranyeezy
Кямран Дадашев

Likes (Received): 1051

nice project
kamranyeezy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #1230
tim1807
faster than buildings

I hope they don't wait too long with building something here when the site is ready.

Old January 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #1231
tim1807
faster than buildings

The big scaffolding ( or support ) against the wall below the Franklin National Bank Building is gone now. So there is more space free on the site.

Old January 30th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #1232
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

What are they doing to make this tower more safe in regard to terrorist threats? It is extremely thin, so I can imagine a big car bomb really damaging this tower.. anyone know?

WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:00 AM   #1233
Hed_Kandi
Registered Usurper

Likes (Received): 12581

This tower is nothing more than a pipe dream.

One of two things will happen regarding the future of this project:

1) It will maintain it's current design, however the height will be drastically reduced.

or...

2) If it is to be built to the proposed height, the design will be radically altered.

One thing is for certain, this building will not come of fruition by staying true to it's current proposed form.

Hed_Kandi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:04 AM   #1234
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

And you're hypothesis is based on what exactly?

This site has no height limits. So the taller the building, the more apartments it will have, so the more money it will make. It makes zero sense for it to be reduced in height.

As for the redesign, got a source on that? Didn't think so. Thanks for playing.

yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 05:29 AM   #1235
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed_Kandi View Post

1) It will maintain it's current design, however the height will be drastically reduced.

or...

2) If it is to be built to the proposed height, the design will be radically altered.

One thing is for certain, this building will not come of fruition by staying true to it's current proposed form.
My God. I'm too lazy to comment on your comment. But anyway, the yankefan already answered by me and others.

rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:31 AM   #1236
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:

or...

You must be in the industry if you dare speak so confidently..show us the proof now or concede failure.

aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:19 AM   #1237
PDC1987

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:

or...

Except for the fact that it's about ready to start construction. Everything is already finalized.

PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM   #1238
ErnCas
Urban future for me!

Likes (Received): 6

The boxy design balances Midtown's pointy skyline...

Architecturally, the building could become stunning, if not iconic. However, as far a residential Beverly Hills becoming iconic "for the people of N.Y.C." and not for foreign millionares, a symbol of the city, how could a private and secluded real state property become so? This tower is simply a great addition to the skyline; for it to become "for the people of N.Y.", it must posses public accessibility in the form of an observation deck, or give back to the city in the form of jobs (other than maintanence), events, or something amongst those lines.

ErnCas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1239
tim1807
faster than buildings

Quote:

or...

It's not for nothing this height, it has a reason and the reason is that the site is very small, so they build higher so there's still enough floorspace.

Old January 31st, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1240
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:

or...

I 1000% disagree with you. As was said before, there is no height limit and the taller it'll be the more money they get. The success of 157 has proven that there is demand for luxurious apartments in NYC and the box design allows them to use the height to the maximum. This building is perfectly feasible and as was said before, it has already begun (preparations).

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall