daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #1401
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
There won't be central core..Only elevator shafts..Concrete buildings, specially this one, don't need central core because basically the whole building is a concrete core..Very strong structure..
But still elevator shafts, plumbing and ventilation. That all need space. I really doubt they will ask as much for an apartment as they do for instance at one57 for so little space, unless each apartment will be multilevel.

btw how many elevator shafts (not elevators) this building will have? Two or three maybe would be not a huge waste of space but I guess it will have more.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #1402
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
But still elevator shafts, plumbing and ventilation. That all need space. I really doubt they will ask as much for an apartment as they do for instance at one57 for so little space, unless each apartment will be multilevel.

btw how many elevator shafts (not elevators) this building will have? Two or three maybe would be not a huge waste of space but I guess it will have more.
True..One57 has 3 elevators and staircase..Which takes about 8x8 meters space..Something like this we'll see here too..Now they can make it multilevel with shafts in the center, or move shafts out on the facade which will make a lot of free space on one floor..Can't wait to see what will be..One57 also has shafts on the facade..

Edit:

But remember those round shaped "drums" which split the building in sections..Round core in the center? Cut out the edges, more free space..Makes sense..

Last edited by DinoVabec; February 11th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #1403
GOL2007

Likes (Received): 110

http://www.432park.com/

"Currently blasting on site. Due to municipal instructions this live video camera is off-line."

Old February 11th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1404
patrykus

Quote:
But remember those round shaped "drums" which split the building in sections..Round core in the center? Cut out the edges, more free space..Makes sense..

Not sure if I get what you're saying... Those drums were almost as wide as the building itself so hardly they represent elevator shafts. Another thing is that however I try to imagine that, squarish elevators framed in the round shaft seemed like more space wasted not less But those drums suggest one thing for sure. That the shafts will have to be inside building not on the side of it which means less flexibility in arranging apartments unfortunately.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; February 11th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #1405
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Not sure if I get what you're saying... Those drums were almost as wide as the building itself so hardly they represent elevator shafts. Another thing is that however I try to imagine that, squarish elevators framed in the round shaft seemed like more space wasted not less But those drums suggest one thing for sure. That the shafts will have to be inside building not on the side of it which means less flexibility in arranging apartments unfortunately.
May be..But remember of Infinity tower in Dubai..I just noticed..Very similar stuff here..(Except Infinity rotates and is a little bit wider)

Watch the core and watch the structural facade..

[IMG]http://i41.************/21c5nok.jpg[/IMG]
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...114755&page=25

Those drums may be wide but that can suggest about the livable space inside the drums, not only the core can be inside..

I don't know..Even if shafts are squarish then those round floors called drums don't make sense to me..

We'll see..
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #1406
patrykus

When you mentioned round shafts that reminded me the infinity But it's pretty obvious there, that's because of its twist. That sure was hell lot easer to just rotate the forms than totally reconfigure it on every level. You don't see round cores on regular towers. Or at least I have never seen it.

Old February 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #1407
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

With respect to the four new, uber-luxury, residential supertalls in NY, I expect 225 W57th and Torre Verre to be the standouts. While 56 Leonard will be a mere 850 feet, it -- like the 900 foot 8 Spruce by Gehry also will be a landmark.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #1408
TheSkyNY

Likes (Received): 0

Is this building going to have a crown that lights up? Hopefully

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
TheSkyNY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1409
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
With respect to the four new, uber-luxury, residential supertalls in NY, I expect 225 W57th and Torre Verre to be the standouts. While 56 Leonard will be a mere 850 feet, it -- like the 900 foot 8 Spruce by Gehry also will be a landmark.
Is that to say you have, or you've seen images of 225 W57th Robert? I've looked through the thread for it and it didn't seem there were any and Google only gives me images of One57.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #1410
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
There won't be central core..Only elevator shafts..Concrete buildings, specially this one, don't need central core because basically the whole building is a concrete core..Very strong structure..

I would only like to know more about the facade..

Edit:

According to physical laws, this ratio is maximum that structural system can take..

D=maximum ratio
H=total height
B=minimal width

Now watch this:

D=H/B which means D=432/22.86 which means D=18.89 or simply 19..

19:1 is sick and on the edge but still possible..This thing is crazy..
OK, so let me make sure I understand it, there will be no core, the building itself will be a core only with more holes for windows than a core has and this will be compensated by a grid of internal walls or columns, am I right?
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #1411
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8232

this is really extremely few space, considering all the elevators needed, which also take room. they have to really think of efficient use of the space in there.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #1412
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
Is that to say you have, or you've seen images of 225 W57th Robert? I've looked through the thread for it and it didn't seem there were any and Google only gives me images of One57.
I have not seen the rendering for 225. However, it should be 30% taller than One 57, based upon the respective air rights. Also, it has a more regularly-shaped plot, which will give the architect more freedom than de Portzamparc had with One 57. Lastly, unlike Extell's experience with One 57, it wil have competition from 432 Park, Torre Verre, and 220 CPS in the immediate area, and therefore, it has to raise the bar.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1413
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Ah I see, that makes a good deal of sense.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #1414
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1698

As a comparison, this is the floor plan of a tower in Benidorm with similar floor area, for 46 residential floors, 5 technical floors and entrance floor, and a total height of 180 metres to roof, 200 metres to top of spire. The vertical communications area is about 1/4 of total floor area, in 432 Park Ave tower, with twice that floor count, should structure and communications area be twice as big? then it would be 1/2 of the floor area, at least in the lower half of the building, the upper half might be like this Benidorm tower.
(16.7m = 54.79ft; 14.63m = 48.00ft; 24.15m = 79.23ft)

Last edited by Victhor; February 11th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Victhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #1415
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

That will be a good challenge to make use of the whole floor area.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #1416
Fabio1976

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
If it will be 22m wide then it will be even thinner than what the SSP diagram shows I made a quick pic of how it will look like when viewed from a 90 degree angle towards it's width:

[IMG]http://i39.************/wjb8s8.png[/IMG]
Impressive !!!
Fabio1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #1417
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
When you mentioned round shafts that reminded me the infinity But it's pretty obvious there, that's because of its twist. That sure was hell lot easer to just rotate the forms than totally reconfigure it on every level. You don't see round cores on regular towers. Or at least I have never seen it.
Yeah, me neither..Those drum floors are bugging me now..
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1418
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

This building is a little TOO thin. If a hurricane hits NY, you can kiss 432 Park goodbye.
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #1419
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

If the entire building will be one "core" it could be quite strong since it's just the size of a normal core of a fatter building. At least I guess so
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #1420
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTCNewYork View Post
This building is a little TOO thin. If a hurricane hits NY, you can kiss 432 Park goodbye.
It would survive even an Earthquake, so no worries..Swaying would be insane, but it's being built out of concrete, (instead of steel) so no worries here either..

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall