daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2016, 08:37 PM   #17341
kznyc2k
Registered User
 
kznyc2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: man hat tan
Posts: 263
Likes (Received): 1622

__________________

Hudson11, trkaiser, VK liked this post
kznyc2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2016, 11:09 PM   #17342
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!
 
JuanPaulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Posts: 20,889
Likes (Received): 32164

A bit old but nonetheless a great view of this tower


New York-Midtown Manhattan by Daniel Piraino, on Flickr
__________________

McSky, cantstandya, VK liked this post
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 01:54 AM   #17343
TopoGigio
Registered User
 
TopoGigio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madrid
Posts: 447
Likes (Received): 252

To be honest: this building is ugly. I like the fact ir is very tall and modern, but the design is extremely simple.
TopoGigio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 01:38 PM   #17344
Lt. H Caine
Registered User
 
Lt. H Caine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,487
Likes (Received): 4665


233/365 January 10, 2015 by Jeremiah Hyde Stilson, on Flickr
__________________
Lt. H Caine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #17345
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5338

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopoGigio View Post
To be honest: this building is ugly. I like the fact ir is very tall and modern, but the design is extremely simple.
Simple and ugly are two very different things. The Trump World Tower is simple too, you think that building is ugly?
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:12 AM   #17346
SMCYB
Registered User
 
SMCYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,164
Likes (Received): 1712

I'm getting tired of this building. There's nothing new to discover about the way it looks.
__________________

noms78, DubaiM, Carbotanium liked this post
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 05:01 AM   #17347
dfiler
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 355
Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCYB View Post
I'm getting tired of this building. There's nothing new to discover about the way it looks.
You'll discover how wrong you are when the drum floor netting is down, window film removed and lighting installed. At different times there will be a floating segmented silhouette look. At other times there will be glinting of reflected sunlight off the drums when looking at an shadowed side of the tower. The effect will be quite dramatic.
dfiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 05:04 AM   #17348
SMCYB
Registered User
 
SMCYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,164
Likes (Received): 1712

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post
You'll discover how wrong you are when the drum floor netting is down, window film removed and lighting installed. At different times there will be a floating segmented silhouette look. At other times there will be glinting of reflected sunlight off the drums when looking at an shadowed side of the tower. The effect will be quite dramatic.
I'm not wrong. I already know those things. They don't excite me. I know others like this building. I like its height. I'm so much more excited about some of the others going up near it.
__________________

GunnerJacket liked this post
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 05:32 AM   #17349
DUBAI10000
Registered User
 
DUBAI10000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Boston
Posts: 791
Likes (Received): 436

Same here ^ This tower is quite boring, If feel like its been more time from the topping out point to now, than the 1st floor to the 90th floor. This tower in real life (I have seen it twice, even ben inside the 1st floor during construction this past August.) Is really boring, there's nothing exciting about it other than its sheer height and skinniness.
__________________

SMCYB liked this post
DUBAI10000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 06:15 AM   #17350
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 15,983
Likes (Received): 52053



NYC - Manhattan by valdosilasol, on Flickr
__________________

SMCYB, VK liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 09:46 AM   #17351
punchydj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 166
Likes (Received): 279

Construction update December 2015

Hi guys!

There is the progress during the month of December.



and an extra video of the progress during the year 2015:



Thank you!!!
__________________

Assemblage23, Lt. H Caine liked this post
punchydj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 10:45 PM   #17352
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5338

Central Park South #imagesforyoursenses #iheartny #ny #newyorkcity #nyc #manhattan #centralpark @flynyon by bahramforoughi, on Flickr

Photographing #432ParkAvenue for #TheAustralian today.. 1,396ft, 91 floors, $1.25billion. Roof height is higher than the WTC. by David Joshua Ford, on Flickr
__________________

McSky, Radio Raheem, VK liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 10:55 PM   #17353
dfiler
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 355
Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCYB View Post
I'm not wrong. I already know those things. They don't excite me. I know others like this building. I like its height. I'm so much more excited about some of the others going up near it.
So you don't want to see what the building looks like when actually finished because you "know those things". You don't care that it will look quite different with the film off the windows, elevator gone, netting removed and lighting installed. Sounds like a joyless approach to being a skyscraper fan.

The final changes are going to have a massive impact on the appearance. Not only will this tower's look change, it will also come to define the NYC skyline. There are no other skyscrapers that look similar to how this will look. Right now it is just an impressively tall rectangle in the sky. With the final changes it will be truly transformed. The drum lighting is going to be a defining characteristic of NYC.

That isn't to say it is the best tower in the world. Only that the work left to be done are what will make it stand out.
__________________

JuanPaulo, SMCYB liked this post
dfiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:07 AM   #17354
TallestKidOnTheBlock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 84
Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post
So you don't want to see what the building looks like when actually finished because you "know those things". You don't care that it will look quite different with the film off the windows, elevator gone, netting removed and lighting installed. Sounds like a joyless approach to being a skyscraper fan.

The final changes are going to have a massive impact on the appearance. Not only will this tower's look change, it will also come to define the NYC skyline. There are no other skyscrapers that look similar to how this will look. Right now it is just an impressively tall rectangle in the sky. With the final changes it will be truly transformed. The drum lighting is going to be a defining characteristic of NYC.

That isn't to say it is the best tower in the world. Only that the work left to be done are what will make it stand out.
That and the building looks very different in real life. I don't know if it is the breathtaking height or the way the materials come together beautifully (it's probably both), but the building only truly comes to its own when seen in real life.
__________________

SMCYB liked this post
TallestKidOnTheBlock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:30 AM   #17355
dendenden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 204

This building represents what is to come. It's the first kid on the new supertalls block and I like it because of that.
__________________

Eddie55 liked this post
dendenden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 05:53 AM   #17356
SMCYB
Registered User
 
SMCYB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,164
Likes (Received): 1712

I hope I'm wrong.
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 03:11 AM   #17357
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech
 
L.A.F.2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,406
Likes (Received): 5311

Quote:
Originally Posted by francais22 View Post
When will the tower be fit to live ?
When Dr. Frankenstein finishes his operation.
__________________

dm-civil liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 09:41 AM   #17358
francais22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Rennes
Posts: 117
Likes (Received): 147

This thread should be removed, the tower is completed now
francais22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #17359
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5338

Quote:
Originally Posted by francais22 View Post
This thread should be removed, the tower is completed now
No it's not, there are still two elevators on it, and the drums aren't done yet.
__________________

humptydumpty7, dm-civil liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 03:00 PM   #17360
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 15,983
Likes (Received): 52053



NYC Top Of The Rock 01 (38) by Allen KV, on Flickr
__________________

phoenixboi08 liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
new york city, new york project, park avenue, supertall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium