daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #81
El_Greco
╔pater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8161

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarisaCh View Post
Neo-Nazism was born not in USSR or Russia, but in Western Europe. And yes, Neo-Nazism is Russian problem. However, Neo-Nazis parades are forbidden and not welcomed by Russian goverment.
They still happen (see the link).

Quote:
I speak about real facts.
No you dont, I do. Russia has been and still is a bully and aggressor.

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #82
Peloso

Likes (Received): 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Greco View Post
Latvian flag is not Nazi attribute, so just as I thought Larisa was talking utter bullshit.
I see you just cannot use Google or have big, big problems at reading english. Well, have some friend or relative read you any of the following pages: there is the Guardian, the Telegraph...
http://www.google.it/search?q=nazi+l...ient=firefox-a
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #83
LarisaCh
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
No you dont, I do. Russia has been and still is a bully and aggressor.
I think that Russophobia is form of European Neo-Nazis (in accordance with Hitler's ideas). During last 20 years Russians took part in the international wars only within 5 days (it can't be compared with history of agressions from NATO side with participation of Baltic and Poles troops). By the way, Soviets didn't invited states of Warsaw Pact took part in Afghanistan war.

Here is video:
LarisaCh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #84
El_Greco
╔pater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8161

I certainly dont hate Russia.
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #85
beren_me

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarisaCh View Post
And they didn't lose its independence thanks to denial of Mannerheim to continue active operations after liberation of pre-Winter War territories.
They didn't lose their independence after the war because Stalin was too afraid to challenge them again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloso View Post
Well, what about Great Britain? Let's see... Ireland... slave trade... Nigeria & the other Africa colonies... India... Pakistan... Afghanistan... Opium for the Chinese... like 10 minutes ago, Iraq (1 million deaths from the embargo, probably some more hundred thousands from the war)... Afghanistan again...
Food for thought:
http://www.johannhari.com/2006/06/17...illed-millions
http://lilarajiva.wordpress.com/2007...ritish-empire/

Who cares about them!That's UK's issue and the UK never considered itself a complete part of Europe
beren_me no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #86
LarisaCh
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren_me View Post
They didn't lose their independence after the war because Stalin was too afraid to challenge them again
Stalin wasn't afraid of the Nazis or Japanese, but was afraid of the Finns? I like this Finnish logic.
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #87
LarisaCh
BANNED

Quote:
Red Army were just a bunch of rapists and murderers. The simple, plain, cold and uncomfortable fact is that all sides committed attrocities, it does not matter whether you killed 10 people or millions and until we accept this the reconciliation and healing process cannot start. Ignoring and pretending nothing ever happened is not a good idea either.
OK, I personally know and knew few veterans of WWII. According to your logic, I should say to them - "You were just a bunch of rapists and murderers". I hate to even think about it. Who am I to make such claims?
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #88
rheintram
yeah, whatever

Likes (Received): 910

I'm Austrian. I am against Stalin, but I say all hail to the brave Soviet soldiers, whose country was invaded by the Nazis, who killed millions of their countrymen, and who liberated a big part of Europe from the Nazis!

Russian occupation was certainly better than Nazi rule. That's a fact. Oh and btw: Rape, etc happens in every place, where military is stationed. The worst were btw. the Nazis, who had their own brothels inside concentration camps and serial raped jewish and slavic women inside their camps.
rheintram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #89
miamipaintball

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheintram View Post
I'm Austrian. I am against Stalin, but I say all hail to the brave Soviet soldiers, whose country was invaded by the Nazis, who killed millions of their countrymen, and who liberated a big part of Europe from the Nazis!

Russian occupation was certainly better than Nazi rule. That's a fact. Oh and btw: Rape, etc happens in every place, where military is stationed. The worst were btw. the Nazis, who had their own brothels inside concentration camps and serial raped jewish and slavic women inside their camps.

before you get hyped up, the king of Nazism was born in your country... dont forget, he wasnt a true German

and Hitler was evil but Stalin was more evil.

back to topic, my parents home city schweinfurt was 70% destroyed by allied bombings and then had urban fighting hand to hand, you wouldnt even tell if you went to the city today, its a small town of about 65k
miamipaintball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #90
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

Well, I can see why you think Stalin was more evil. All because your city was on the receiving end of the Soviet army.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #91
miamipaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bricks View Post
They didn┤t have much of a choice now did they. Anyway only ten million people voted for Hitler - is everyone responsible? Even those who did not vote for him or fought the Nazi regime and payed for it with their lives?

Statistically...well...yes. Actually a lot more I suspect.
this, my fam lived in Germany and had to fight or face nazi SS terror/death squads FOR NOT FIGHTING, MY GRAMPS FOUGHT ON THE EASTERN FRONT, AND WAS CAPTURED BY THE Russi and held in gulag until 1953, sorry for caps

also its pretty sad how hitler brain washed all the youth and gave them guns to fight the last few months, ive seen pics of American soldiers who killed squads of kids .
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #92
miamipaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by manrush View Post
Well, I can see why you think Stalin was more evil. All because your city was on the receiving end of the Soviet army.
was on the receiving end of American bombs and soldiers.
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #93
Germanicus
Le boche moche

Likes (Received): 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheintram View Post

You learned your lesson of allied brainwashing. Austria never suffered as much as under German rule. The Germans were always the worst. In every respect. Congratulations!
Germanicus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #94
miamipaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
You learned your lesson of allied brainwashing. Austria never suffered as much as under German rule. The Germans were always the worst. In every respect. Congratulations!
yep Hitler loved Austria as it was his home country.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM   #95
mmilovan

Likes (Received): 18

Also, this is not Vienna, but Belgrade: http://images2.webpark.ru/uploads53/...d_wars_112.jpg
Photography from roof terrace of First Children's Hospital
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:04 PM   #96
Dr.Mabuse
Proud Member of the DWF!

Likes (Received): 548

i am sorry, for the many incorrect picture, but the source says so. that's why i used the desctipton. And yes i have only little knowledge about Budapest, Bukarest, Belgrade.
Dr.Mabuse no está en línea   Reply With Quote