daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2016, 12:48 AM   #981
jbombero

Likes (Received): 2846

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellista View Post
Any further advance on the H and D line combination?
Yes, the stair from the platform in pueyrredon to the one in santa fe with connection tunnel it's finished but still not opened. I hope it will be opened in a few days. The elevator and escalator are still under construction.

Cuando tomes decisiones no pienses solo en ti mismo, piensa en los demas en tu familia, la sociedad, el conjunto, tu pais, el mundo.
Orgullosamente Argentino, Descendiente de Armenios y Alemanes.
Proudly Argentinian, Descendant of Armenians and Germans.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows. 1984 - George Orwell

pellista, DanielFA liked this post
jbombero no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2016, 01:30 AM   #982
DanielFA
Eisenbahnfan

Likes (Received): 28708

At the platform of Santa Fe station on H Line:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFA View Post

At the platform of Pueyrredón station on D Line:
Quote:

"Die Eisenbahn ist für mich ein Symbol des Lebens: Man sitzt ruhig und bewegt sich doch schnell vorwärts." (Wolfgang Korruhn)
DanielFA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 07:32 AM   #983
skyfann

Likes (Received): 53

Well I think the metro of Buenos Aires is a good system.

How is the frequency in the evening?
skyfann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 09:32 PM   #984
jbombero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfann View Post
Well I think the metro of Buenos Aires is a good system.

How is the frequency in the evening?
Depens on the line, I travel frecuently on the D line (green) in the evening (I mean rush hour after 5pm) around 2-3 minutes and in the early morning (7am) 4-3 minutes.

Cuando tomes decisiones no pienses solo en ti mismo, piensa en los demas en tu familia, la sociedad, el conjunto, tu pais, el mundo.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows. 1984 - George Orwell

DanielFA, sandoz25 liked this post
Old November 6th, 2016, 10:33 PM   #985
pellista

Likes (Received): 303

On the E line, 5 minutes during the week and 8-10 minutes on weekends.
pellista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 11:23 PM   #986
midrise

Likes (Received): 611

When I was in BA I was told not too use the metro because of safety reasons, but I would love to be one of the first people using the station for Santa Fe....Santa Fe was a street I stayed near and have many good memoirs of..

pellista, DanielFA liked this post
midrise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2016, 03:26 AM   #987
jbombero

Quote:
Originally Posted by midrise View Post
When I was in BA I was told not too use the metro because of safety reasons, but I would love to be one of the first people using the station for Santa Fe....Santa Fe was a street I stayed near and have many good memoirs of..
¿Dangerous? Maybe a few years ago It was worst, but now It's safer, I Travel in it on a daily basis.
Guardar

Anticalaca, DanielFA liked this post
Old November 9th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #988
cristian815

Likes (Received): 6133

Contruction of the Facultad de Derecho station, line H

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristian815 View Post

Old November 10th, 2016, 04:11 PM   #989
carlite98
Curioso profesional

Likes (Received): 12566

Quote:
Originally Posted by midrise View Post
I do not know why anyone could say that, the BA subway is very safe, even in comparison to anyone in the world. There may be a pickpocket, but I have never seen life-threatening situations, not even violence.
Coincidentally there was a case last week of armed criminals on line A but in my 30+ years using the service is the first time I know a news like that.
If it is because of accident probability, I remember very few minor incidents, and none with fatalities or serious injuries.
Definitely my advice is to use the metro, except at rush hours it is the best way to get around the city, without a doubt.
Old January 4th, 2017, 11:46 PM   #990
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1142

The oldest metro (century old) in both South America and South Hemisphere is itself is a mobile museum, along with its variable rolling stocks, historic station, murals, artworks etc. It currently has 6 lines. Line A, B, C, D, E & H— is completely underground.

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. Here I’m writing.

1) The northern extension of line E towards Retiro is under construction since 2007 to connect with line C. There will be only 3 new stations, two of them will be interchange station with line B & line C. Especially connecting with line C is very important, because line C is now almost saturated due to its connection between two important mainline railway stations. Retiro is the largest railway station in Buenos Aires, from where many suburban train lines started, so this is also the mostly crowded metro station also. It also applies to Bolivar metro station because it has connection with line A. To de-congest line C and to handle the heavy rush of daily rail passengers from Retiro, this extended part should be opened for commercial operation as soon as possible, when the heavy traffic flow will be divided between line C and line E. But I recently knew that the transfer of these works from the National Government to the Government of Buenos Aires has slowed down its opening. It is very sad to know that the city transport authority and municipal corporation is not serious about this extension, and they looks like casual. Are they not funding properly? If yes then why? When this extension will be opened for public service?

2)The northeastern and southern extension of line H respectively towards Facultad de Derecho and Saens is under construction since 2012, when the southern extension will be connected with a suburban rail line. In both direction, there will be only 1 station each, the southern terminal will be interchange station with suburban rail system. Especially connecting with that suburban rail is very important, to handle the heavy rush of daily rail passengers from Dr. Antonio Saens, this extended part should be opened for commercial operation as soon as possible, when the daily passengers flow will be much less in Buenos Aires Railway Station because almost half of the passengers will then get down from train at Dr. Antonio Saens and could take metro to reach city center. I recently knew that some realignment is going in northeastern section, but what is the problem of the south extension? Is the transport authority and municipal corporation is casual again about the extension and not funding properly? Will this south extension of line H be opened in 2017? When will the northeastern extension of line H will be opened?

3)In future it is also planned to extend line H more towards Retiro. If it will be happened, Retiro will be more de-saturated because at that time, line C, E and H—all three lines will be run for Retiro, and then it will be a true modern transport hub in Buenos Aires.

4)The delay of line H northeastern extension also delays the starting of construction of line F. Line F will be also an important line, because it will decrease the daily passenger rush of Constitucion railway station. That station is also served by line C which is almost saturated as I said before. To de-congest line F and to handle the heavy rush of daily rail passengers from Constitucion, this extended part should be opened for commercial operation as soon as possible, when the heavy traffic flow will be divided between line C and Line F . So until line H will not be completed, Line F will not be started. I hope transport authority will understand the importance of Line F as soon they can.

5)Another very important line will be line G. It will also start from Retiro, so just think there will be four metro routes from Retiro in future, line C, E, F & G. This will be best because at that time, Retiro station area will get most importance, and all metro lines will be used equally. Overcrowding will not happen on line C and other lines, and also the bus service from Retiro, which is not much reliable because of traffic jam, will not be important because most people will use metro at that time. I heard that originally, construction was due to start in 2012–2013, however city legislators opposed the turnkey construction proposed by Chinese firms since the total cost would have been 30% higher if it was done with local companies. After this, it was decided to prioritize the other construction projects in the network. This is not clear what city legislators want to say. Please clear the confusion. I think it should be cleared in Central Cabinet, and urban development department, and transport authority should clear all the beurocratic red tapism. By opening line G, and extension of line E and H towards Retiro, it will be best for Buenos Aires.

6)I heard line B will be converted from 3rd rail to overhead wire, is it true? If yes, please write some details. I personally think it will be best because it will be compatible with other lines. Two different types of current collection is not practical, it only increases running cost.

7)I also heard line D will get platform screen doors, is it true? If yes, please write some details. I think it will increase the operating cost, is it necessary? Is the suicide rate on metro track is high on Buenos Aires?

8)Which plan will be ultimately selected by transport company—Law 670 or PETERS?

DanielFA liked this post
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 09:24 AM   #991
kas1

Likes (Received): 9

1) Few official statements have been made, but it's implied that the E extension has been progressing slowly because they don't have enough rolling stock to provide adequate service to the new stations. New trains are being delivered on a regular basis for some of the other lines, and some of the old trains from those lines will eventually run on the E. I think that they are currently building an expansion to the rail yard so that it can hold enough trains.

2) Construction on Sáenz was announced, but never began. The initial excuse was that construction was delayed so that it could be coordinated with a project to elevate the commuter rail tracks at the site as part of a larger project to extend that line to Constitución. There was originally supposed to be another station to the south of Sáenz which was cancelled due to poor soil conditions near the river, and the city legislature voted to realign the Sáenz station so that the line could be extended to the west rather than the south. Supposedly, the subsequent delay was to allow for the new engineering work. Transit experts had never proposed an extension to the west and were not consulted prior to the approval of the new plans. I personally suspect that construction at this point is delayed because the people in charge disagree with the current plans. (An extension to the west makes little sense because it's mostly parks and athletic complexes. It would be much better to figure out how to deal with the poor soil and find a way to go south as originally planned.)

3) Plans to extend the H beyond Facultad de Derecho have been unofficially cancelled. If the RER is built as planned, then commuter trains will no longer terminate at Retiro and it will be less important as a hub. The E terminal at Retiro was designed to allow future extensions along Av Libertador toward Facultad de Derecho, and that is currently favored over an extension of the H. Hopefully the E will eventually be extended from Retiro to Plaza Italia to relieve crowding on the D.

4) The RER will extend commuter trains from Constitución to a new underground station which connects with the A/B/D (and C) lines, which will decongest the C line significantly and remove much of the benefit of the F. I suspect that one reason for the current delay is to watch and see if construction of the RER actually happens as planned. If it does, then the F would likely not be the top priority anymore. (The official reason for the delay of the F is so that money can be invested instead in aggressive modernization projects, including signalling and rolling stock and station upgrades. Some of that work is already underway, and additional projects are scheduled to begin soon.)

5) There has been no recent talk about the G.

6) I think that this has already happened, but I don't think that the line is compatible with the others even with the conversion.

7) I don't think that there are any current plans for this.

8) The plans are always changing. The PETERS study didn't account for any of the changes to the commuter rail lines, so I'd expect a new study to be commissioned in the near future. The most recent statement was that the current priorities for expansion are the four stations under construction, Sáenz on the H, phase 1 of the F, one new station at the west end of the E (to connect to the new long-distance bus terminal), an extension of the E from Retiro to Facultad de Derecho, and a southern extension of the D from Catedral to an undetermined location.

arctic_carlos, DanielFA, Ashis Mitra liked this post
kas1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #992
carlite98
Curioso profesional

Likes (Received): 12566

1) The extension of Line E to Retiro have ready tracks and catenary, but the facilities of the stations are still missing. In the short term will be incorporating FIAT units of Line A, and later those that are currently in Line D. With these units it would be possible to inaugurate the extension. 2018?
2) The Sáenz station will be built at the same time as the new elevated station of the Belgrano Sur railway, forming between them a new transport hub. This week was awarded the work and would be starting soon. There is no date yet for the inauguration of the Facultad de Derecho station, which is still under construction.
3) There are no plans to continue Line H until Retiro. Construction of an extension through Villa 31 was discarded. The Line E is the natural candidate for meeting the Line H in Facultad de Derecho station.
4) There should be no relation between the completion of Line H and the beginning of Line F, except for the economics. If there were money for both works, Line F could begin immediately.
5) Line G is not yet in the pipeline, and there were even ideas of turning it into a metrobus (a kind of BRT). There are no definitions or deadlines yet.
6) Line B was added to the third rail by feeding rigid catenary, retaining both technologies. This was done to be able to use the CAF6000 purchased from the Madrid Metro. But still it would not be possible to use cars from other lines, since the voltage is incompatible.
7) A bid was made to carry out this reform to Line D, and also foreseen this technology for the new Line F. But it has not yet been awarded that work to any company, nor are there any deadlines to do so. And no, the suicide rate of the Subway of Buenos Aires is very low.
8) None of the 2. Are theoretically based on Law 670, but with several modifications. Anyway, the construction of the RER will substantially change the conditions in which people move around the city, and new studies will be required to know what will be the best way forward in the future.

We hope to see you soon in Buenos Aires ...

DanielFA, dimlys1994, Ashis Mitra liked this post
carlite98 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 03:20 PM   #993
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1142

Thanks to both for details answer point by point. In a word future projects of Buenos Aires metro is not bright so much.

DanielFA liked this post
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 07:03 PM   #994
Nouvellecosse
~ Mysterious Entity ~

Likes (Received): 313

The stations and trains both look really good!

"Nouvellecosse, by Calvin Klein. Take on the world!"

- MysticMcGoo

DanielFA liked this post
Nouvellecosse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 04:31 AM   #995
DanielFA
Eisenbahnfan

Constitución Transfer Center

Rendering of the center:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoncho View Post
Still a WIP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqueno View Post

"Die Eisenbahn ist für mich ein Symbol des Lebens: Man sitzt ruhig und bewegt sich doch schnell vorwärts." (Wolfgang Korruhn)
Old March 3rd, 2017, 08:35 PM   #996
DanielFA
Eisenbahnfan

More recent pictures:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by viaducto15 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by habu71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxem View Post

Our little dumbed down version of London Canary Wharf station...

Last edited by DanielFA; March 3rd, 2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 08:49 PM   #997
DanielFA
Eisenbahnfan

Past and present

Some years ago:

Now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post

Old March 14th, 2017, 05:47 PM   #998
DanielFA
Eisenbahnfan

Almost finished...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlite98 View Post

Old March 28th, 2017, 11:25 PM   #999
DanielFA
Eisenbahnfan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_ar View Post
It will be opened tomorrow...

JuanRuano, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:31 PM   #1000
DanielFA
Eisenbahnfan

The Constitución Transfer Center is now officially open to the public!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totu View Post

arctic_carlos, Manwë liked this post

Last edited by DanielFA; March 30th, 2017 at 07:38 PM.

Tags
buenos aires