daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #281
Chadoh25

Likes (Received): 805

Thanks!
Chadoh25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #282
Chadoh25

Over the Rhine, Cicinnati. December 16, 2012. Part Six

Race Street

St. Paulus Kirche

Washington Park

14th Street

Elm Street

Last edited by Chadoh25; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #283
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244382

And for once again, very nice updates from Cincinnati Chad

Chadoh25 liked this post
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #284
Munichpictures1970

Likes (Received): 217

Very nice shots! THX for sharing!

Chadoh25 liked this post
Munichpictures1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #285
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

Question: is it just me or is it I'm thinking that many of Cincinnati's buildings, especially with OTR, were originally used as factories and manufacturing firms, creating all sorts of durable goods? It's like, the buildings look very ornate that those seem like I question myself if Cincinnati was a true industrial town before it was completely gentrified because the structures still look wonderful today (even though many were built a long time ago), and I truly love the church pics you have! I highly suspect that Cincinnati is mostly a blue-collar city, full of hardworking and industrious people, and they really want to preserve the brick buildings that define OTR. Magnificent shots again!

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross

Chadoh25 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #286
Chadoh25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Question: is it just me or is it I'm thinking that many of Cincinnati's buildings, especially with OTR, were originally used as factories and manufacturing firms, creating all sorts of durable goods? It's like, the buildings look very ornate that those seem like I question myself if Cincinnati was a true industrial town before it was completely gentrified because the structures still look wonderful today (even though many were built a long time ago), and I truly love the church pics you have! I highly suspect that Cincinnati is mostly a blue-collar city, full of hardworking and industrious people, and they really want to preserve the brick buildings that define OTR. Magnificent shots again!
Well, like most major cities in the midwest, Cincy was once an industrial power house where everything from tools to automobiles were made. Sadly though, like in most of the midwest, those days are long gone. But firmly believe. the good times will return to die Kφnigin des Westens. Much progress has been made in turn things around. I can recall when the Riverfront was an ugly mix of sporting venues and underused industrial sites. Now it's home to new stadiums, a museum, and many condos and eating establishments! I believe Winston Churchill once said Cincy was America's most beautiful inland city. I think slowly, Cincinnati is reclaiming that title!
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #287
Chadoh25

Mt. Adams, Cincinnati. December 16, 2012. Part One

Last edited by Chadoh25; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:47 AM   #288
Chadoh25

Mt. Adams, Cincinnati. December 16, 2012. Part Two

capricorn2000 liked this post

Last edited by Chadoh25; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM   #289
Chadoh25

Mt. Adams, Cincinnati. December 16, 2012. Part Three

Last edited by Chadoh25; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM   #290
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Looks like Mount Adams is a suburb of Cincinnati, and its downtown have unique shops that I might want to walk around and check out. Plus, I truly like the brick church myself, which I suspect was built in the mid- to late-19th century (given the design of it). I also appreciate the fact that you take pics of historical markers that not only defines a town's history; it also shows a town's progress over time, and I'm pleased to see quite a lot of them in Ohio overall. Love the town, and I would like to visit it as a side trip when I go to Cincinnati soon! Great shots yet again!

Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:06 AM   #291
Chadoh25

East Walnut Hills. Jan 19th, 2013. Part One

capricorn2000 liked this post

Last edited by Chadoh25; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:48 AM   #292
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

Cincinnati is exceptionally beautiful during the winter. I wonder if the old streetcar tracks shown in some of your photos are going to be used for the new streetcar line.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:36 AM   #293
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I'm really surprised that East Walnut Hills is that developed of a suburban city, with several older mid-rise buildings blending well with newer mid-rise apartment blocks that allows me to think that it is a well-developed suburban community... And I wonder how close it is from downtown Cincinnati because having a suburban community being developed as that makes me think that East Walnut Hills must be close enough to the big city that growth there has come naturally. Wonderful shots again, dude! and to you.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:19 AM   #294
Chadoh25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I'm really surprised that East Walnut Hills is that developed of a suburban city, with several older mid-rise buildings blending well with newer mid-rise apartment blocks that allows me to think that it is a well-developed suburban community... And I wonder how close it is from downtown Cincinnati because having a suburban community being developed as that makes me think that East Walnut Hills must be close enough to the big city that growth there has come naturally. Wonderful shots again, dude! and to you.
East Walnut Hills is one of many eastside neighborhoods. It's not a separate city like say Norwood or Covington. It's separated from Downtown by Walnut Hills, it's less well off neighbor. The street you see in the photos, Woodburn, is the dividing line between the two.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:20 AM   #295
Chadoh25

Quote:
Originally Posted by manrush View Post
Cincinnati is exceptionally beautiful during the winter. I wonder if the old streetcar tracks shown in some of your photos are going to be used for the new streetcar line.
I'm not sure to be honest. But I doubt it. Those tracking could be 100 years old for all we know! lol
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:41 AM   #296
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadoh25 View Post
East Walnut Hills is one of many eastside neighborhoods. It's not a separate city like say Norwood or Covington. It's separated from Downtown by Walnut Hills, it's less well off neighbor. The street you see in the photos, Woodburn, is the dividing line between the two.
Oh, so basically it's still a part of the City of Cincinnati, it's just that it is a different neighborhood or district of the city. It made me think, huh, how can this be a suburban town when it's actually a district of Cincinnati? Sometimes, I just have a gut feeling that some communities like East Walnut Hills are located outside the city when it is still within the city... How I read it too makes me believe that it is a separate town or community. Sorry for any misunderstanding, but I truly like East Walnut Hills a lot, with all of those mid-rise structures standing prominently.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:56 PM   #297
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

I looooove this cluster of buildings

Thanks mate
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:32 AM   #298
Chadoh25

I know right. OTR is one of my favorite neighborhoods because you can find a wide selection of housing types and styles within it's borders. This group is one of my favorites. I love the fact that it faces the park and Music Hall is right up the street!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:33 AM   #299
Chadoh25

East Walnut Hills. Jan 19th, 2013. Part Two

Last edited by Chadoh25; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #300
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Chad, I forgot... This picture below is really stunning and splendid... Simply love it:

'
Aside from that, your new East Walnut Hills pics look stunning! I wonder what that church is with a very tall steeple... that blends in pretty well with the rest of the district, and it seems that it is a natural meeting point for E Walnut Hills. I also like the older buildings (including the Felix), and it's quite fortunate that it does not get a lot of snow!

I nearly forgot to ask: how many bridges are there in Cincinnati that cross the Ohio River? It seems like the yellow arch bridge looks great in its condition. Well done again!