daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old September 28th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #181
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1429

Penang Sports Council to promote sports tourism at meeting
Saturday September 26, 2009

THE Penang Sports Council will hold a presentation on ‘Sports Tourism’ to Tourism Promotion Organisation (TPO) members at the General Assembly Promotion Organisation for Asia Pacific Cities in Kota Kinabalu on Sept 28.

State Youth, Sports, Women, Family and Community Development Committee chairman Lydia Ong Kok Fooi said 130 local participants would be taking part in the general assembly from tomorrow to Sept 30.

“The assembly is an effective platform to promote sports tourism in the Asia Pacific region,” she told a press conference yesterday.

She also said the TPO, with its headquarters based in Busan, South Korea, was established to give focus on the tourism sector marketing efforts by members which indirectly helps enhance a member country’s economy.

“Four cities in Malaysia – Ipoh, Kota Kinabalu, Malacca and Penang – have become TPO members in an effort to promote their respective tourism sectors,” she said.

She added that the Penang Municipal Council (MPPP) was roped in to appoint the hotel industry, MATTA, Chef Association, government agencies and the private sector involved in the tourism industry to become ‘industry members’ and play an active role to promote the state’s tourism sector.

This year, however, the MPPP appointed the state sports council to become the ‘industry member’ and represent Penang to promote international-level sport tourism events for 2010 and 2011.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 28th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #182
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Likes (Received): 3

from kota bharu thread

stadium tertutup khas untuk wanita di Kelantan

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; October 18th, 2009 at 12:42 PM.
arief_malaysia96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #183
nazrey

Stadium Sultan Muhamad Ke IV, Kota Bahru, Kelantan.
From flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #184
nazrey

RM9.6m for sports facilities
Wednesday October 14, 2009
By NIK NAIZI HUSIN

KUANTAN: The Pahang government has been allocated RM9.6mil under the 10th Malaysia Plan to build new football fields and upgrade existing fields in all districts.

State Youth and Sports Committee chairman Datuk Wan Adnan Wan Mamat said the land for each new field was estimated to cost between RM80,000 to RM100,000.

The upgrading would be done on existing fields, including the building of drains to ensure the fields were not water-logged, he added.

He said the Government had also constructed community fields in all state constituencies under the 9th Malaysia Plan for locals to use for sports activities.

All were completed except for 14% which faced land-acquisition problems, he added.

He also said the fields would be cared for by youth associations and village committees to ensure they were fully utilised and well maintained.

“People have complained about the lack of sports facilities and said that this was one of the reasons for the host of unhealthy activities, including illegal racing.

“Residents will now have the fields where they can exercise or play football,” he said, adding that, hopefully, the next generation of national football stars would be found here.
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #185
nazrey

@ Terengganu
From flickr

image hosted on flickr

@ Ipoh
Stadium Indera Mulia
Main Indoor Stadium in Ipoh, Perak
Stadium Indera Mulia terletak di Kampung Simee, Ipoh, Negeri Perak. Bangunan ini terletak bersebelahan dengan Stadium Perak. Fungsinya sebagai tempat permainan dalam berbumbung yang sesuai untuk kejohanan bola tampar, bola keranjang, futsal, pameran pendidikan, dan lain-lain.
From flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by nazrey; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #186
nazrey

Hockey Stadiums in Malaysia
National Hockey Stadium

@ Bukit Jalil LRT station, Bukit Jalil Sports Complex, Kuala Lumpur
by nadawi87 of flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

Kuala Lumpur Hockey Stadium
@ Bukit Pantai, KL

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

Ministry of Education Stadium
KL

image hosted on flickr

Hockey Stadium @ Klang
Selangor

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

Azlan Shah Hockey Stadium, Ipoh
Perak

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Hockey Stadium @ Kota Kinabalu
Sabah

image hosted on flickr

Hockey Stadium @ Kuantan

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

Hockey Stadium @ Kuala Terengganu

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #187
nazrey

These 3 potential stadiums still need upgrade tot!
Stadium Darul Makmur, Kuantan

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Stadium @ Ipoh

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

Stadium Darul Aman, Kedah

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by nazrey; October 15th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #188
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

stadium darulaman,dulu penuh..............sekarang penonton agak berkurangan........

sedih................sedih..............
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #189
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Azlan Shah Hockey Stadium, Ipoh
Perak

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

these stadium need upgrade..................!!!!

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; October 18th, 2009 at 12:58 PM.
arief_malaysia96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #190
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post

Stadium @ Ipoh

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

sekarang ,Stadium Perak ni kotor la.........
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #191
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Stadium Indera Mulia

From flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
dari luaran,nampak macam dewan biasa jer.............
tak nampak macam stadium tertutup pun.................
Old October 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #192
aniqasyranie

Likes (Received): 0

masuk la dalam..
nampak la macam stadium
aniqasyranie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #193
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

yelah.............saya tahulah kalau masuk dalam nampak macam stadium...............
Old October 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #194
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Stadium Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin@gong badak,Kuala Terengganu

sebelum runtuh

from abunuha
http://abunuha.wordpress.com/2009/02...la-terengganu/

memang cantik stadium nie.....................design bumbung dia nampak macam bulan sabit..........

thanks to abunuha
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:06 AM   #195
nazrey

New badminton stadium opens in Bandar Sri Damansara
Thursday October 22, 2009 By NG WEI LOON

Women shuttlers from the Shing An Association of Selangor and Federal Territories had the privilege to play at the newly set-up S7 Badminton Stadium in Bandar Sri Damansara for their annual one-day shuttling outing recently.

Hall supervisor Paramasivam Perumal said the group competed in the social tournament for free.

“It was a refreshing change for them to gather at a new location. We supported the recreational programme because they have been hosting the event for the past seven years,” he added.

After successfully managing five futsal courts at Wangsa Maju in Setapak for five years, Paramasivam ventured into setting up the 14 rubberised courts including two VIP courts to cater to the social badminton players.

“We took almost three months to complete the construction by transforming the rundown futsal centre into the new hall. Since beginning operation in mid September, we have been receiving constant enquiries about the facilities available. For the first two weeks, we conducted free testing sessions for our potential customers. So far, the response has been encouraging,” Paramasivam said.

For the upcoming year-end school holiday, they are also planning to line up programmes for the youngsters.

Two coaches — Jason Wong and Chan Chee Mun — from two separate coaching stables are expected to draw up their respective training regimes for the trainees.

On weekdays, they are also offering affordable rates during the off peak period for the students. Court rental is at RM8 per hour between 9am and 1pm.

For peak hours, they have fixed their rate at RM50 for each of the specific two-and-half-hour session.

Former national shuttler Wong will also be running the pro-shop at the hall.

For details, call 016-336 6827.
Old October 29th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #196
nazrey

Goverment Propose To Build Rugby Stadium In Sabah
October 27, 2009 18:36 PM

KOTA KINABALU, Oct 27 (Bernama) -- The government has plans to build a rugby stadium in Sabah under the 10th Malaysia Plan (RMK-10) said Youth and Sports minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek.

Ahmad Shabery said the ministry was confident that Sabah can produce very good rugby players for the future.

"To me, rugby in Sabah need to be developed because Sabah has many rugby academies that has been producing national players," he told reporters at the Kota Kinabalu International Airport here on Tuesday after meeting Sabah Rugby Association president Dr Velayuthan Tan and the Sabah rugby team that won the Brunei Sevens title on Sunday.

Ahmad Shabery said Sabah who host the International Rugby Board's (IRB) Asian Rugby Seven Series 2009 from Oct 30 to Nov 1 at the Likas Sports Complex, would be able to organise bigger IRB tournaments once the stadium was ready.

-- BERNAMA
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #197
aniqasyranie

Likes (Received): 0

a friend of mine said that previously the KLCC's land is propose for rugby stadium for malaysia?is that true?
aniqasyranie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:58 AM   #198
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Quote:
Originally Posted by arief_malaysia96 View Post
siasah
edisi 1-7 november2009/13-19 ZULKAEDAH 1430

Pandu arah kiblat di stadium

KOTA BHARU:Menteri Besar Kelantan,Datuk Nik Aziz Nik Mat mencadangkan supaya stadium negeri yang bakal dibina di Bandar Baru Tunjung,dekat sini,mengadakan pandu arah kiblat yang tepat bagi memberi panduan kepada atlet atau pemain bola sepak dalam mengerjakan solat.

Beliau berkata langkah itu untuk membentuk nilai-nilai keimanan dan ketakwaan kepada seluruh umat islam ,khususnya atlet dan pemain bola sepak negeri ini melalui solat.

''Saya juga nak cadangkan supaya dibawa replika yang boleh menggalakkan pemain bola sepak atau atlet mengerjakan solat sebelum memulakan permainan di stadium,''katanya semasa menggulung perbahasan bajet negeri 2010 pada sidang Dewan Undangan Negeri Kelantan di Kota darulnaim,di sini Selasa.
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #199
nazrey

Kerajaan bina kompleks sukan OKU
19/11/2009 11:26am

KUALA LUMPUR 19 Nov. - Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak berkata, kerajaan bersetuju membina sebuah kompleks khas untuk atlet orang kurang upaya (OKU) yang dinamakan Kompleks Sukan Paralimpik di Kampung Pandan, Kuala Lumpur.

Beliau berkata, pembinaan kompleks tersebut yang akan dibuat tidak lama lagi membuktikan komitmen Malaysia untuk menyokong atlet kurang upaya supaya mereka cemerlang dalam bidang sukan.

Beliau berkata demikian ketika merasmikan Perhimpunan Agung Persidangan Jawatankuasa Paralimpik Antarabangsa di sini hari ini.

Menurut beliau, kerajaan juga meluluskan sebidang tanah kepada Majlis Paralimpik Malaysia bagi membina ibu pejabatnya supaya ia dapat dapat bergerak lebih cergas membantu atlet OKU di negara ini. - Utusan
Old November 20th, 2009, 03:12 AM   #200
nazrey

‘Promote paralympics’, says Najib
Friday November 20, 2009

Voluntary organisations, the corporate sector and disabled athletes should
work together to promote the paralympic movement, said Prime Minister
Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

KUALA LUMPUR: Voluntary organisations, the corporate sector and disabled athletes should work together to promote the paralympic movement, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

He said Malaysian sports leaders were playing significant roles in the Asean, Asian and world paralympic movement.

“This is in recognition of Malaysia’s capabilities in championing the paralympic movement,” he said.

Asked whether Malaysia would host the Paralympic Games, he said that if the country were to do so, it would have to be chosen for the main Olympic Games, “which is a tall order”.

Sticking together: Hong Kong athlete Yu Chui Yee accompanying Sidkova
Marketa from the Czech Republic at the opening of the 14th International
Paralympic Committee general assembly and conference in Kuala Lumpur
Thursday.

“It will not happen in the foreseeable future. You have to be a strong sports nation, make an impact and be a force to be reckoned with at the global level to be considered,” he said at the opening of the 14th International Paralympic Committee general assembly and conference here yesterday.

The United Nations estimates that there are about 500 million persons with disabilities in the world, the majority in developing countries, he said.

“The marginalisation of persons with disabilities is prevalent and in many countries there are few sports opportunities available to them,” Najib added.

On a brighter note, he said there had been increasing support for the participation of persons with disabilities over the past 20 years.

In line with the 1Malaysia concept of “People First, Performance Now”, Najib said it was important to provide opportunities for people from all walks of life, regardless of race, culture and religion.