daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #41
williamchung7

Likes (Received): 251

by IGNATOV ARCHITECTS

380m

http://bignatov.com/html_pages/taiwan.htm

williamchung7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #42
Myouzke

Likes (Received): 57

All the other designs looks weird too.
Myouzke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #43
Handbanana

Likes (Received): 20

That last design is cool, but will it serve any purpose? It seems like the entire thing is just sky gardens and atriums with no usable space
Handbanana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #44
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15932

DSBA, upgrade.studio and mihai carciun take pole position in Taiwan Tower competition

An international concept design competition for the Taiwan Tower has been won by Dorin Stefan Birou Arhitectura (DSBA), upgrade.studio and mihai carciun. The concept entitled ‘Floating Observatories’ was selected from 237 entries from 25 countries, and is heavily focussed on symbolising a green approach to 21st century architecture.

The competition brief stated that all entries must reach at least 300m in height and feature ‘a similar programmatic function as the Eiffel or CN Tower’. In answer to this, the winning submission combines eight observation decks capable of holding 50-80 individuals and affords views across the city of Taichung to the Taiwan Strait, which separates Taiwan and China.

A freestanding structure, ‘Floating Observatory’ has incorporated a museum, office and conference facilities, restaurants and an information centre around its vertically mobile observation decks. Principal at DSBA, Dorin Stefan, explains the concept thus: “Starting from the ‘geographical’ visual of Taiwan – which is an island resembling a leaf – we have developed the concept of the technological tree: we have designed 8 spatial leaves (with eight being a propitious number in the local culture) in the form of zeppelin-like elevators which glide up and down the ‘tree trunk’.”

Each observation ‘bubble’ is self-sustained by helium balloons, wrapped in polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and arranged to glide on a vertical track in a strong electro-magnetic field. A key constituent of the challenge was for the tower to incorporate the sustainability factor. With this in mind, the winning team have included a system of axial turbines along the vertical central core and adjustable photovoltaic panels across the exterior in order to generate electrical energy to help power the structure.

Rainwater is collected and transferred to tanks in the basement to be reused for washing, irrigation of the one hectare landscape and running water for the bathrooms. Additionally, the floating observatories are heated through an electromagnetic field using energy produced by the ‘new generation membrane which wraps the helium tanks’.

http://worldarchitecturenews.com/ind...pload_id=15247

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #45
Petrov_Alex

Likes (Received): 0

Alex_Petrov

ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION IS THE PROBLEM THAT HUMANKIND MUST SOLVE IN XXI CENTURY. THE TAIWAN TOWER, A NEW TYPE OF TALL BUILDING, SHALL BECOME INTEGRAL PART OF THE PROGRAM AIMED AT PROTECTION OF NATURE AND REDUCING POLLUTION.OUR PROJECT PRESENTS A NEW CONCEPTION OF UTILIZATION OF WIND THAT ALWAYS EXISTS AROUND SKYSCRAPERS. WE ARE GOING TO TRANSFORM ENORMOUS ENERGY OF BUILDING-SURROUNDING VORTEXES INTO ROTATION OF WIND TURBINES AND FINALLY INTO USEFUL ELECTRIC POWER. THE BUILDING’S FUTURISTIC APPEARANCE IS COMES OUT FROM ITS “GREEN FUNCTION”. PERMANENT SPINNING OF HUGE TURBINE ROTORS CREATES AN UNUSUAL AND ENCHANTING VISUAL EFFECT. THAT CONSTANT MOTION MAKES THE BUILDING DIFFER FROM CONVENTIONAL ARCHITECTURE AND BECOMES THE SIGN OF MODERN ERA AND DRIVE FOR THE FUTURE. THE TOWER OF TRIANGULAR GROUND PLAN HAS 8-METER-DIAMETER WIND TURBINES LOCATED AT ITS CORNERS WHERE WIND FORCES ARE MAXIMALLY CONCENTRATED. THE TURBINES ARE DIVIDED VERTICALLY INTO FOUR SECTIONS THAT ALLOW SELF-ADJUSTING ROTORS ROTATION RATE TO WINDSPEED AT DIFFERENT ALTITUDES. HIGH EFFICIENCY OF THE SYSTEM IS OBTAINED BY USE OF MAGNETIC BEARING SUSPENSION; TORQUE TO GENERATORS IS TRANSLATED THROUGH AUTOMATIC CONSTANT SPEED DRIVE. ESTIMATED SYSTEM EFFICIENCY ALLOWS FOR GENERATING ELECTRIC POWER AMOUNTING TO 1.8 TO 2.16 MW WITH THEORETICAL LIMIT OF 2.8 MW WITH 8-METER ROTORS! IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT TURBINES OF THIS DESIGN ENSURE ROTATION WITH ANY POSSIBLE WIND DIRECTION, AND THEY DO NOT REQUIRE DIRECTIONAL CONTROL SYSTEMS OR ADDITIONAL GEAR TRAINS, WHICH MAKES WIND POWER SYSTEM HIGHLY RELIABLE. VERTICAL TURBINE SOUND AND VIBRATION LEVELS AS WELL AS ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE LEVEL ARE LOW, SO THE SYSTEMS MAY BE AND ARE INSTALLED DIRECTLY ON THE BUILDING STRUCTURE.POWER GENERATED BY THE TURBINES PROVIDES OPERATION OF ELEVATORS, AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS, AND LIGHTING IN THE BUILDING. ELEVATORS MANUFACTURED BY KONE (FINLAND) ARE EQUIPPED WITH RECUPERATION SYSTEMS THAT ENSURE MORE ECONOMICAL POWER CONSUMPTION.THE BUILDING’S WINDOWS SHALL SERVE AS SOLAR ARRAYS THANKS TO USE OF SPECIAL GLASS MANUFACTURED BY XsunX (CALIFORNIA, USA) WHICH ALLOWS GENERATING EVEN MORE ELECTRIC POWER. THIS SPECIAL GLASS UTILIZES SOLAR CELL PRINCIPLE. THIS TYPE OF SOLAR ARRAY WINDOW HAS LOWER EFFICIENCY THAN STANDARD SOLAR POWER PANELS BUT THE COST IS ALSO SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER. THE BUILDING'S INTERIORS SHALL BE PROTECTED AGAINST OVERHEAT BY USE OF TWO-LAYER-COATED GLASS THAT REFLECTS ULTRAVIOLET AND INFRARED SOLAR RADIATION.THE TOWER STRUCTURE IS MADE OF STEEL FRAMES WITH FIRE-RESISTANT COATING INSTALLED ON A REINFORCED CONCRETE FOUNDATION. TO PROTECT THE TOWER AGAINST SEISMIC VIBRATIONS THERE WILL BE USED TWO INDEPENDENT DAMPING SYSTEMS. SHOULD ANY VIBRATIONS OCCUR, THEY WILL BE COMPENSATED BY OPERATION OF HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS. FIRST SUB-SYSTEM IS INCLUDED INTO ATRIUM LEVEL STRUCTURE AND IS FLEXIBLY CONNECTED TO THE BUILDING STRUCTURE. SECOND SUB-SYSTEM IS LOCATED IN THE BUILDING’S CENTER OF MASS AND COMPRISES SEVERAL SPACES PROTRUDING OUTBOARD AROUND THE BUILDING. THESE SPACES ARE ARTICULATED TO STRUCTURAL PLATFORM BY MEANS OF HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS. BOTH SUB-SYSTEMS COMPRISE USEFUL SPACE AND ARE ACCESSIBLE FOR PUBLIC AS OTHER PARTS OF THE TOWER. THE BUILDING’S SECTION CONTAINING SECOND DAMPING SUBSYSTEM IS COVERED WITH THREE LARGE PANELS; THREE SYMBOLIC HEXAGRAMS FROM YI CHING ARE PAINTED ON THE PANELS WHICH MEAN “THE CREATIVE”, “PEACE”, AND “POSSESSION IN GREAT MEASURE”. THE SIDE PANELS MAY ALSO BE USED AS GIANT MULTIMEDIA DISPLAYS.

Petrov_Alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #46
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2629

That is the most bizarre thing I have seen since I joined this forum. It even beats that bizarre proposal for Jakarta from a few months ago where the bottom half was a vertical shanty town and the top half was a modern skyscraper. That one was pretty weird, but it's pretty conservative compared to this Taiwan Tower design.

I hope z0rg doesn't interpret this as a city vs city post, I'm simply saying that of all the weird proposed designs I have seen since I joined this forum, this one takes the cake. Hands down.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:12 AM   #47
williamchung7

Taichung government lauches another competition for park portion. (see 2007 rendering of new urban plan in the first page)

Taichung gateway park international competition
http://www.tgpark.com.tw/
Old December 23rd, 2010, 01:26 AM   #48
ilovetw

any update on these projects?
ilovetw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #49
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

DORIN STEFAN wins the contest!

I think this project is absolutely.........fantastic!

http://www.urbanews.fr/taiwan-tower-...a-emporte.html
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #50
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1156

This is wicked
krkseg1ops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #51
hqsouza
DON'T PANIC

Likes (Received): 3107

This project makes me feel really old!
They are too much moderns for my current standards
hqsouza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #52
d.henney

Likes (Received): 492

Wow, crazy! But what happens when the leafs have a disfunction??
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #53
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2629

They can probably be detached and landed for maintainance. Or for typhoon weather.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #54
Andrewwang71

www.hotoakleysunglasses.com
Andrewwang71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #55
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by hqsouza View Post
This project makes me feel really old!
They are too much moderns for my current standards
Well it was a vision concept right. I cannot see this beinng build until 2030 or something.
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #56
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 647

That is incredible!!

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List

view my buildings made on Maya
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #57
porkperson

Likes (Received): 1

Is that balloon design for real???
porkperson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #58
williamchung7

Taichung city government claimed 6 billion NT dollars buget for this tower a few days ago. That is 200 million US dollars.
Old January 26th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #59
alheaine
™♥•♥•♥™

Likes (Received): 1467

this is superb!!!! whew..love it..
Love most those who Hate me."

--Alheaine Dredjshiah 2011
alheaine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #60
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally