daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Taguig

Taguig For projects in Bonifacio Global City, McKinley Hill and other parts of the city

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM   #3901
GoodAcres

Likes (Received): 188

Oh yeah, some people are complaining, sky park is not a park....

Now tell me, BGC, developed mostly by Ayala, isama nanatin Megaworld... may park ba? NADA...

Buong BGC walang park, at least Aura may so-called"trying hard" park to some..Sino ngayon ang kahiya hiya...LOL..

Walang hihirit ng High street ay park!!!! LOL
GoodAcres no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3902
MisterDragon
BANNED

Likes (Received): 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodAcres View Post

Now tell me, BGC, developed mostly by Ayala, isama nanatin Megaworld... may park ba? NADA...

Buong BGC walang park, at least Aura may so-called"trying hard" park to some..Sino ngayon ang kahiya hiya...LOL..

May Park ang High Street, at Burgos Circle ng Megaworld.

Meron ding Park sa area ng Mind Museum
MisterDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:52 PM   #3903
woodenbug

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:

http://www.fbdcorp.com/explore/urban-parks

http://runningpinoy.wordpress.com/20...th-track-30th/

hahaha sino nga ngayon ang "kahiya hiya..LOL.."
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:06 PM   #3904
missionary

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nez View Post
I wonder what would BCDA's reaction be like if it were an Ayala mall standing on that lot instead of Aura?
then continue to wonder because the fact is sm is the one standing there.
missionary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:20 PM   #3905
missionary

Quote:

nakapunta ka na ba sa bgc lately?
yung boni high street mahigit na 3/4 kilometrong park na yon imo. bukod pa doon may 2 pang park sa magkabilang gilid at doon pa sa burgos circle.
ofcourse welcome addition din sa bgc yung sm skypark kahit maliit lang at syempre yung american memorial cemetery.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:00 PM   #3906
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Likes (Received): 1366

How about Crescent Park? The once planned big Crescent Public Park is now gone and instead has been turned into the Mind Museum and adjacent parking lot(s) across each end of the museum. What was left of the supposed big public park is now that small token park beside the Mind Museum. Hindi rin nila sinunod ang plan kung tutuusin. Hay... sa totoo lang pare-pareho lang naman yang mga developers na yan... they're really all a bunch of hypocrites of varying degrees. Hehehe...
3cr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:22 PM   #3907
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc25dbtc View Post
binasa ko po yung mga unang page ng thread nitong sm aura. and may nakita akong article na alam na ng ayala nung 2010 pa na magtatayo sila ng mall and alam nila na yung sm ay maglelease ng lot sa taguig for 25 years. and considering na una nating nakita yung render ng mall sa [email protected] na annual yearbook ng bciasia? tapos yung lot ng sm ng property na yun ay part lang nung property na dinonate ng bcda sa taguig gov't (according to some posts), so bakit nagcocomplain agad yung bcda eh hindi pa naman nagagamit lahat yung buong property? kaya siya unang tinawag na aura @ CIVIC CENTER?

*Sorry po kung may mali man, since wala naman akong alam sa legal issues since 16 pa lang ako and binase ko lang po yung mga sinabi ko dun sa mga earlier posts.

Eto po yung article nun.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/...obal-city-devt
Yup Tumpak! Yan din nga sinabi ko nuon... meron pang ibang lupa ang City of Taguig / Taguig Gov't kung tutuusin... (my post below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cr View Post
Yup malamang nga the deed of donation wasn't specific enough with the restrictions, if there were even any (given that some reports said deed of conveyance had no restrictions), which allowed the City of Taguig / Taguig Gov't to do what it did without technically breaking the law which is also probably why the FBDC/BCDA did not sue the City of Taguig / Taguig Gov't as they could not make a successful case. Besides kung may ibang lupa naman ang City of Taguig, kung tutuusin pwede naman din ilipat ng Taguig Gov't yung Civic Center or whatever was originally intended on that lot where SM Aura stands now to another location really, perhaps maybe even more appropriate/convenient a location for civic use of the local population of Taguig. It doesn't necessarily have to be on that SM Aura site.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:34 PM   #3908
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

BOOM! Wow Ayala knew way back in 2009 pa and the BCDA didn't even have a clue til now? C'mon! Palusot mo Bulok! Try again BCDA (Mr. Casanova)! Hehehe...

Ayala Land says SM mall project to complement Global City devt
By Honey Madrilejos-Reyes, Business Mirror
Posted at 04/21/2009 3:19 AM

Setting aside competition, the Philippines’ largest property developer Ayala Land Inc. (ALI) considers the planned shopping mall development of the SM group in Taguig City as complementary to existing projects in the posh site.

“With SM, we’ve always found that when we are there together, it actually increases traffic in the whole area,” said former ALI president and now Ayala Corp. senior managing director Jaime Ayala in an interview with the BusinessMirror.

Since Fort Bonifacio is a new area and an emerging location for residential developments, business establishments and entertainment venues, he said the entry of SM will further promote land values, especially within the Bonifacio Global City where ALI owns a vast landbank.

The BusinessMirror earlier reported the plan of the Sy-led SM group to build a P2-billion shopping center in Taguig City by the end of the year.

To be undertaken by its mall development arm SM Prime Holdings Inc., the mall will be a part of a commercial complex envisioned to rise in a sprawling property owned by the Taguig government.

The shopping center alone will occupy around 1.8 hectares. A hotel, to be developed by another entity, would also be built within the complex.

“SM is leasing the property from the Taguig government for 25 years,” the source said.

The design of the shopping center is still being finalized but the source said it would more or less cater to the upper market because of its proximity to ALI’s residential and commercial developments Serendra and Bonifacio High Street. Meanwhile, ALI’s mall development Market! Market! mostly attracts low- to middle-income customers.

The SM group’s expansion in Taguig, the source added, indicates its bullish outlook on the country’s fundamentals, despite the challenges brought by the global financial crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc25dbtc View Post
binasa ko po yung mga unang page ng thread nitong sm aura. and may nakita akong article na alam na ng ayala nung 2010 pa na magtatayo sila ng mall and alam nila na yung sm ay maglelease ng lot sa taguig for 25 years. and considering na una nating nakita yung render ng mall sa [email protected] na annual yearbook ng bciasia?

*Sorry po kung may mali man, since wala naman akong alam sa legal issues since 16 pa lang ako and binase ko lang po yung mga sinabi ko dun sa mga earlier posts.

Eto po yung article nun.

leechtat liked this post

Last edited by 3cr; May 23rd, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:29 PM   #3909
tchitz
It's more fun in BGC :)

Likes (Received): 257

I’ve been searching for articles written that will allow me to understand the row between Arnel Casanova of BCDA with City of Taguig/SM. All previous articles and news clippings I read failed because some important tidbits of information were missing. But this is the best one so far that will allow readers to grasp the essence of their dispute. (Mods, pardon for posting article in its entirety, but practically every bit of it is important in providing clear understanding of this debate/discussion, and perhaps may minimize other posting of articles that provide a scattered and incomplete view).

The central question is this: “Was there violation in law when City of Taguig allowed SM to build their SM Aura Premiere in this lot”?

Basis for building SM mall in Taguig flawed — BCDA

Source: http://www.tribune.net.ph/index.php/...ig-flawed-bcda

The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) refuted claims that the controversial SM Aura Premier mall was built legally based on a deed of conveyance (DoC) between BCDA and Taguig. The state-run agency asserted that the DoC is in accordance with Republic Act 7917 which requires the land be used for a civic center. BCDA president and chief executive officer Arnel Casanova told the Daily Tribune the biggest loser in the shenanigan surrounding the completion of the much-hyped SM Aura Premier is the Armed Forces of the Philippines. The BCDA said it could have earned P5 billion if the lot where the four-hectare mall is located was bidded out. The newly opened mall in Bonifacio Global City was met with public scrutiny and criticism recently after it was revealed that the land where the mall stands was stipulated by law to be dedicated for civic purposes. BCDA originally donated the land to Taguig City under then-mayor Freddie Tinga to be developed into the Taguig Civic Center. However, the local government leased the land to SM which developed the property into a lavish upscale mall.

As concern over the issue grew with netizens weighing in via Facebook and Twitter, a few pundits cited the DoC between BCDA and Taguig as basis for the legality of the SM Aura development. Paragraph 5, Section 2 of the DoC states that the BCDA, upon signing the agreement, shall not place any restrictions on the use of the land. Casanova explained the stipulations of the DoC were drafted and agreed upon in accordance with RA 7917. Section 1 of Republic Act 7917 provides that “Approximately 40 hectares of land in Fort Bonifacio shall be retained as national and local government centers, sports facilities, and parks.”

“What Section 2 of the Deed of Conveyance means is that the BCDA is not questioning the use of the land as long as it complies with RA 7917, and is within the parameters of civic use,” Casanova said. “As long as they use the land either for national or local government centers, sports facilities or parks, we will not place restrictions. But what they did was use the land for a mall, which is a clear violation of the law,” he added. The Office of the Government Corporate Counsel had the same interpretation of the said DoC in its opinion No. 017 dated Jan. 21, 2011, stating that “Firstly, basic is the doctrine that laws are deemed incorporated in each and every contract (…) Thus, the restrictions imposed by Section 1, RA 7917 overrides paragraph 5, Section 2 of the DC.”
Casanova said “the people of Taguig have been robbed of a community center. What good can this ultra high-end mall do for them if they have been deprived of a place that provides basic care and services?” he asked.
“Furthermore, the men and women of our armed forces, instead of benefitting from remittances from the land being put up for bidding, are losing out on modernization funds because the land was turned into a mall,” Casanova said.

Casanova explained the stipulations of the DoC were drafted and agreed upon in accordance with RA 7917. If so, my question is: Was there an annotation to the DoC (Deed of Conveyance) referencing this 1.8 hectares of land where the mall (SM Aura) was constructed, as part of the designated 40 hectares of land in Fort Bonifacio that shall be retained a national and local government center, sports facilities, and parks, as provided for in RA 7917? I don’t get that reading (clear statement) in the article. I think this is the crux of the argument. Because SM has said, “There are, no liens, encumbrances or restrictions annotated on the titles to the property”. That is why City of Taguig (and SM) is explaining the absence of a requirement (example: bawal ang magtayo ng mall) against the obligee is evidence that such requirement was not within the understanding of the parties, thus explaining it to his own advantage. A bedrock rule of contract interpretation is that ambiguities in a document are construed against its drafter. To the maker (BCDA) of an instrument (DoC and Declaration of Restriction) is available language with which to adequately set forth the terms thereof (halimbawa: bawal ang magtayo ng mall dito, dapat para national at local government center, sports facilities, and parks). It is presumed that he will not leave undeclared that which he would claim as his right under the agreement. He who speaks should speak plainly, or the other party may explain to his own advantage.

BCDA is still mulling raps vs SM/City of Taguig for constructing the Mall. I say, stop barking and file your lawsuit and let the courts decide. And here is Casanova’s reaction: NEVER MIND

Pobresito talaga si Casanova. Alam niya na wala siyang kaso, kaya eka nga, NEVER MIND.

Last edited by tchitz; May 24th, 2013 at 06:54 AM.
tchitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #3910
jefflacs
err.. ok

Likes (Received): 0

Kawawa naman si Good Acres, research research muna kapag may time xD
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:38 PM   #3911
Texas Tech's Forte

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD. View Post
St. Louis Gateway Mall is a linear PARK.
Thanks for pointing that out. You are correct, it is a park. However, in my post, I did not mention that Gateway Mall was an actual shopping mall. Although I can understand why someone can arrive at that conclusion. What I remember when I visited St Louis for a 2-day seminar, was entering an old-looking building and walking through many shops/restaurants before I ended up in the meeting rooms for the seminar in the back.

In any case, according to my link above, if Union Station is part of the Civic Center "Complex", is it safe to say that there are shops/restaurants within the Civic Center? If Union Station is not part of the Civic Center, then I stand corrected. Not really passionate about whether civic centers have stores or not lol. I was simply piggybacking off 3cr's post because when I read the post it quickly reminded me of St Louis.

Civic Center -- "...But, the Civic Center is more than just an office park for bureaucrats. It’s also home to major attractions including Scottrade Center and Union Station; five hotels; the Gateway Transportation Center; and major employers..."

Directory Map -- http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/p...rectoryMap.pdf

Store Directory -- http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/directory

Bank of America ATM
Cardinals Clubhouse
Caricatures at Union Station
Charley's Steakery
Culture Vibes
Edy's Ice Cream
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Fat Sassy's
Foot Locker
Fudgery
Gateway Burgers
Gateway News
Gateway to St. Louis
Gold & Diamonds
Grand Hall Lounge
Hard Rock Café
Imani's
Innovus ATM
Innovus ATM
Landry's Seafood
The Lark
Lids
Logos & Labels

Last edited by Texas Tech's Forte; May 24th, 2013 at 12:18 AM.
Texas Tech's Forte no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #3912
tchitz
It's more fun in BGC :)

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:

Setting aside competition, the Philippines’ largest property developer Ayala Land Inc. (ALI) considers the planned shopping mall development of the SM group in Taguig City as complementary to existing projects in the posh site.

“With SM, we’ve always found that when we are there together, it actually increases traffic in the whole area,” said former ALI president and now Ayala Corp. senior managing director Jaime Ayala in an interview with the BusinessMirror.

Since Fort Bonifacio is a new area and an emerging location for residential developments, business establishments and entertainment venues, he said the entry of SM will further promote land values, especially within the Bonifacio Global City where ALI owns a vast landbank.
You know at first, I have sympathy for ALI, BHS, and other store owners that set up shop within BGC for fear that when SM Aura opens, SM Aura will suck up shoppers from their store to go instead to SM Aura, leaving their till smaller, but lately I think not. They are complementary. SM Aura will draw people from all walks of life including the moneyed folks coming from outside BGC, and with it, the possibility of some, especially those that came with their vehicles, to take a side trip to BHS & Burgos Circle, and in the future, others yet to be built stores within BGC. Reading from this article, Ayala seems to think so too.

I have a feeling that the controversy will be patched up because the interest of the commercial parties affected is benefiting them, with the opening of SM Aura Premiere. The more people are drawn in to BGC, the more BGC is showcased to the world, the more people will be interested in investing here, land prices will benefit developers and investors alike, more construction (Condos, Offices, Hotels, all kinds of Commerce) will take place, and everybody will be happy, including the government. Hmmmmmm makes me wonder what made Casanova abruptly cancelled his news conference yesterday. Maybe, some unseen hands in position of power and influence are telling him to shut up. They want SM Aura there. Resolution of this controversy will be dictated by politics (a la backroom dealings), not the courts. (only my own opinion of course)

Last edited by tchitz; May 24th, 2013 at 05:42 AM.
tchitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #3913
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

The BCDA better not f*ck this up especially with Radison Blu slated to rise in the said development. Nation building should take precedence of this petty in fighting. Fort Bonifacio should remain business as usual despite the in fighting or how can the country possibly expect to attract int'l business and investment if we locals can't even solve our problems professionally and in accordance to the law of the land. Blocking business is Bad business all together!If the BCDA really has a case then sue; otherwise, stop the harassment!
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #3914
missionary

Quote:
The BCDA better not f*ck this up especially with Radison Blu slated to rise in the said development. Nation building should take precedence of this petty in fighting. Fort Bonifacio should remain business as usual despite the in fighting or how can the country possibly expect to attract int'l business and investment if we locals can't even solve our problems professionally and in accordance to the law of the land. Blocking business is Bad business all together!If the BCDA really has a case then sue; otherwise, stop the harassment!
saan ilalagay yung radison blue? sa lugar ng illegal settlers? parang wala ng space sa mc kinley side unless na kumuha ng space sa american memorial cemetery?
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #3915
GoodAcres

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenbug View Post
Wow... Really didnt know until know there is such.....I stand corrected then...will check that out and check its size...

Yun Burgos Circle "Park" kaliit-liit and for me its a rotonda trying hard park...

But the ones posted above, how could I miss that! Kahiya hiya nga! LOL..
GoodAcres no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #3916
august88boy

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydex View Post
excuse me for posting a panoramic shot

by randomdreamsandreality

very nice.
pwede kaya rentahan ito for a barbecue party?
invited mga jeje friends
august88boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:48 AM   #3917
SCUD.
BANNED

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tech's Forte View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. You are correct, it is a park. However, in my post, I did not mention that Gateway Mall was an actual shopping mall. Although I can understand why someone can arrive at that conclusion. What I remember when I visited St Louis for a 2-day seminar, was entering an old-looking building and walking through many shops/restaurants before I ended up in the meeting rooms for the seminar in the back.

In any case, according to my link above, if Union Station is part of the Civic Center "Complex", is it safe to say that there are shops/restaurants within the Civic Center? If Union Station is not part of the Civic Center, then I stand corrected. Not really passionate about whether civic centers have stores or not lol. I was simply piggybacking off 3cr's post because when I read the post it quickly reminded me of St Louis.

Civic Center -- "...But, the Civic Center is more than just an office park for bureaucrats. It’s also home to major attractions including Scottrade Center and Union Station; five hotels; the Gateway Transportation Center; and major employers..."

Directory Map -- http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/p...rectoryMap.pdf

Store Directory -- http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/directory

Bank of America ATM
Cardinals Clubhouse
Caricatures at Union Station
Charley's Steakery
Culture Vibes
Edy's Ice Cream
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Fat Sassy's
Foot Locker
Fudgery
Gateway Burgers
Gateway News
Gateway to St. Louis
Gold & Diamonds
Grand Hall Lounge
Hard Rock Café
Imani's
Innovus ATM
Innovus ATM
Landry's Seafood
The Lark
Lids
Logos & Labels
St. Louis' Union Station is owned by Bi-State Development Agency.

The*Bi-State Development Agency*is an*interstate compact*formed by*Missouri*and*Illinois*in 1949. Since February 2003 the agency has been*doing business as*Metro.[1]*It operates with a budget of $160 million[citation needed], which is funded by sales taxes from the*City of St. Louis*and*St. Louis County, the*St. Clair County Illinois Transit District, federal and state grants and subsidies

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi-St...lopment_Agency
SCUD. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #3918
nez

Likes (Received): 102

Ayala released this statement prior to their conflict with SM in the Bacolod Capitol project, and the Ortigas brouhaha. Hope they settle their differences soonest for the good of our country.

Quote:

nez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #3919
nez

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchitz View Post
Basis for building SM mall in Taguig flawed — BCDA

Source: http://www.tribune.net.ph/index.php/...ig-flawed-bcda

Casanova said “the people of Taguig have been robbed of a community center. What good can this ultra high-end mall do for them if they have been deprived of a place that provides basic care and services?” he asked.
Furthermore, the men and women of our armed forces, instead of benefitting from remittances from the land being put up for bidding, are losing out on modernization funds because the land was turned into a mall,” Casanova said.
Mr. Casanova, sorry but I cannot follow your line of reasoning on the above highlighted statement.

How could building a mall on that lot conveyed by BCDA to Taguig City as mandated by law be of loss to our armed forces?

In the first place, the new owner of the lot is Taguig City. Whether they left the lot as it was (IS colony), or turned it into a public park, there would be no fund coming in to our armed forces' coffers because BCDA doesn't own the lot anymore.
nez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #3920
leechtat
IG @juanprogress

Likes (Received): 194

what i understand from Mr. Casanova's statement...

If the land will just be leased by Taguig City to an entity for commercial operations, then the land may have been better suited to be bid out to same entities whom shall buy or lease the property directly from BCDA. If so, the funds collected by BCDA will be funneled to AFP modernization programs, such is the purpose of BCDA.

"Resident Realtor!”
-
“Raw Land Packaging"
---
“Properties with Income"
——-
“High-end Residential Properties”
-------

Jose Mari, Kintoy liked this post
leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote