daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Taguig

Taguig For projects in Bonifacio Global City, McKinley Hill and other parts of the city

Old June 13th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #4421
GreenArcher1985

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchitz View Post
I like your response. Curt, simple, precise, short and sassy but, to the point and, begs for the poster to respond to his seemingly uncoordinated sardonic ramblings. If it doesn’t generate a response, it exposes his idiotic ramblings and confirms his buffoonery, incapable of elucidating his own opinions. If he has some intelligence, he will sense a trap, for it forces him to go beyond his usual one liner and annunciate a response to show there is still some intelligence left between his ears. Personally, I will be amazed if it goes beyond 3-5 sentences, if past behavior is any indication. Seeing the number of likes generated by your “Tapos?” reply, a lot of SSCers are actually waiting in breathless anticipation whether he chooses to redeem himself. Whether we see it or not is, altogether another matter. But let me guess. I think we shall witness a puppy, who likes to bark but, when push comes to shove, it will whimper in retreat with his tail cowered between his legs.
It annoys me when people just try to shield there insults as constructive criticism.
GreenArcher1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4422
private-i

Likes (Received): 67

double post
private-i no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #4423
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Likes (Received): 535

He said, she said... BCDA said its piece recently and now City of Taguig / SM has responded with their's. Playing Tag aren't they? Wonder what the BCDA will have to say now? Umpisa na ng labasan ng embidensiya! Now it's getting more interesting! Hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cr View Post
The facts on the BCDA-SM row over Aura
Inquirer
By Neal H. Cruz
http://opinion.inquirer.net/54415/th...-row-over-aura

The dispute over the new SM Aura in Taguig City between the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) and Taguig-SM is becoming clearer. This is what happened:

The problem was started by the BCDA. The American Battle Monument Cemetery under the BCDA encroached on parcels of land owned by Taguig and intended for a civic center site. The BCDA and Taguig City agreed to swap parcels of land. In exchange for the parcel encroached on by the cemetery, the BCDA gave several parcels of land in Fort Bonifacio to Taguig. The compromise was formalized in two memorandums of agreement (MOAs) signed on Oct. 21, 1999 and Feb. 11, 2004.

The Deed of Conveyance states: “The present Taguig Civic Center site, which is part of the property to be conveyed to Taguig City per the MOA dated Feb. 11, 2004, comprising an area of 44,997.46 sq m was encroached upon by the American Battle Monument Cemetery (11,026 sq m), the equivalent area of which BCDA agrees to convey to Taguig through another property in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.”

In other words, the property was taken out of the coverage of Republic Act No. 7227, as amended by RA 7917.

RA 7227, as amended, requires that “approximately forty hectares (40 has) of land in Fort Bonifacio, Phase 1, shall be retained as national government and local government centers, sports facilities and parks.” However, the law does not identify which lots in that land will be retained as such.

In short, the disputed property was only returned to its rightful owner, Taguig City. The owner, on the other hand, has the prerogative on how to use it.

In the 1999 MOA, the BCDA agreed to convey to Taguig 5.1 hectares of BCDA property in Fort Bonifacio for the Taguig Civic Center. The Taguig City government invited bidders for the lease of a 1.5-hectare portion of this property. The Terms of Reference stated that it intends to offer a portion of the Taguig Civic Center project site “for lease and development of a retail commercial center/complex.”

SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPHI) participated in the public bidding and won.

Taguig City and SMPHI entered into a contract of lease on Nov. 21, 2007 and Aug. 1, 2008 for the lease of the property and its development into a “government office/hotel/office/retail commercial center/complex.”

Clipped... to read more click the link: http://opinion.inquirer.net/54415/th...#ixzz2W3dLjFaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchhichi View Post
SM: BCDA did not donate property where SM Aura stands

SM Prime Holdings asserted there are many misconceptions on the 3.5 hectare property in Taguig where SM Aura now stands.

In an interview on ANC's Headstart, SM Prime's vice president for legal Ryan San Juan said, contrary to the statement of the BCDA, the land was not donated to Taguig but was the result of a compromise over a land dispute in 2008.

He added that based on the compromise agreement, the BCDA cannot put restrictions on what Taguig can do with the property.
3cr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #4424
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Quote:
This article is the clearest yet that I have read explaining city of Taguig’s side on this dispute. Reading the DoC, it was clear to me that there were parallel of exchanges. You give me this and I give you that. I do this for you and you that for me. It was a fair exchange. One of the general agreements they entered into is:

Section 2.5 of the DoC: BCDA shall not place any restrictions on the land use or zooning of the properties…

And then, seals it with a permanent kiss goodbye in Section 4, with a Repealing Clause. All prior agreements between BCDA and Taguig inconsistent herewith are hereby deemed amended, modified or repealed accordingly.

With the compromised of parallel exchanges, BCDA has taken out of scope the coverage of Republic Act No. 7227, as amended by RA 7917, the lot where Taguig Civic Center and SM Aura now sits.

As more and more pertinent information are being released, things are definitely starting to become clearer and clearer to the point that I'm actually really starting to like the City of Taguig's chances of winning this case...

This just posted in the SM Prime Website:

SMPH refutes claims made by BCDA vs SM Aura
http://www.smprime.com/smprime/?p=58...c=49&aid=15702

Quote:
MANILA, Philippines - A lawyer for SM Prime Holdings (SMPH) on Thursday refuted allegations made by the Bases Conversion and Development Authority that the Sy-led firm's new upscale mall in Taguig was built illegally.

In an interview on ANC's Headstart, SM Prime Holdings vice president for legal Edgar Ryan San Juan said there has been a lot of misconceptions about the Taguig property where SM Aura stands.

He clarified the area was not donated by the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) to Taguig. Instead, the BCDA entered into an agreement called "deed of conveyance" with Taguig to resolve a land dispute between them.

"It's not a deed of donation, it's a deed of conveyance - a compromise agreement between Taguig and BCDA over a previous land dispute... Section 2, paragraph 1 and 4 states that each party shall no longer pursue and hereby withdraws, drops, relinquishes any and all of its claims over the properties," San Juan said.

The document also showed BCDA could not put restrictions on how Taguig would develop the property. "The BCDA shall not place any restrictions on the land use or zoning of the properties specified in this and the two MOAs that preceded it," he said, quoting the deed of conveyance.

San Juan insisted that SM Aura is not a "pure mall," but also has civic center components such as a chapel, government offices, convention center, trade hall, park and sports facilities.

"It's not just a pure mall. If that's the misconception of the public, you wait, because it's a work in progress. The 30-storey tower isn't even open as of now. Once Taguig has its satellite offices there, you'll really see where it's going to," he said.
Clipped... to read on click the link: http://www.smprime.com/smprime/?p=58...c=49&aid=15702

Last edited by 3cr; June 14th, 2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #4425
Kintoy
BAND

Likes (Received): 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayki View Post
Gano kaliit? Parang sinehan sa Galleria sa STL? Pero baka ng mala director's club nga gaya ng sabi ni anonymous which is for me mas okay. Pansin ko sa trend ngayon sa mga sinehan na ginagawa in recent years sa manila di na kalakihan like yung mga sinehan ng Ayala Malls and some newer SM sinemas.
yup that's actually what he said, parang Galeria sa STL kaliit.
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #4426
Kintoy
BAND

Quote:
I like your response. Curt, simple, precise, short and sassy but, to the point and, begs for the poster to respond to his seemingly uncoordinated sardonic ramblings. If it doesn’t generate a response, it exposes his idiotic ramblings and confirms his buffoonery, incapable of elucidating his own opinions. If he has some intelligence, he will sense a trap, for it forces him to go beyond his usual one liner and annunciate a response to show there is still some intelligence left between his ears. Personally, I will be amazed if it goes beyond 3-5 sentences, if past behavior is any indication. Seeing the number of likes generated by your “Tapos?” reply, a lot of SSCers are actually waiting in breathless anticipation whether he chooses to redeem himself. Whether we see it or not is, altogether another matter. But let me guess. I think we shall witness a puppy, who likes to bark but, when push comes to shove, it will whimper in retreat with his tail cowered between his legs.
that actually does not address the fact that I stated. maliit ang sinehan. tapos ginawa na lang na "directors club" kunyare to justify it.

and of course he's going to get likes from Aura-fanbois. but I dont need validation from anyone when I state my opinion
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #4427
anonymous_filipino

Likes (Received): 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
that actually does not address the fact that I stated. maliit ang sinehan. tapos ginawa na lang na "directors club" kunyare to justify it.

and of course he's going to get likes from Aura-fanbois. but I dont need validation from anyone when I state my opinion
Eh kaso Director's Club nga talaga. La-Z Boy seats. How do you expect a cinema with La-Z Boy seats to be big? Even Gateway Mall's Globe Platinum cinema, which is also a full La-Z Boy seat cinema, is small. Even the Director's Club at SM MOA is also small.
anonymous_filipino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #4428
Kintoy
BAND

Eastwood Cinema 7 is not small compared to Aqua
Old June 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4429
GreenArcher1985

Likes (Received): 51

pomperadz@yahoo.com liked this post
GreenArcher1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #4430
-SNPKLSDMBLDR-
not a bird or a plane

Likes (Received): 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
my officemate went there to watch a movie. ang liit daw ng sinehan
ako naman sa IMAX, ang laki pala nun!

-SNPKLSDMBLDR- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #4431
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

There is nothing more annoying imho than a big movie theater full of people who don't follow theater protocol/etiquette of shutting the hell up and quit the yapping and also turning off their damn phones while watching a movie. Sarap talaga kutusan yang mga pasaway na yan! Hehehe...
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #4432
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

SM: Aura area belongs to Taguig not BCDA, therefore not depriving AFP
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/...cda-vs-sm-aura

Quote:
MANILA, Philippines - SM Prime on Thursday said the government is wrong to claim its rentals for the 3.5 hectare property it leased from Taguig to build SM Aura. SM was reacting to yesterday's statement by Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) president Arnel Casanova that under an year 2000 executive order, proceeds from leases and joint ventures entered into by BCDA should be divided equally between BCDA and the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

In an interview on ANC's Headstart, SM Prime Holdings vice president for legal Edgar Ryan San Juan said because the property was given by the BCDA to Taguig as part of a compromise agreement, it is owned by Taguig and lease revenues should benefit the people of Taguig. "With all due respect to the AFP, it's kind of wrong to say we're depriving them of funds that should go to their modernization, kasi ang may-ari dito Taguig at ang mga makikinabang dito ay constituents ng Taguig... So yung constituents ng Taguig ang tinutulungan namin dito kasi siya yun owners, so sa coffers niya mapupunta," San Juan said.

San Juan said under the terms of the compromise agreement, BCDA cannot put restrictions on what Taguig can do with the property. "The BCDA shall not place any restrictions on the land use or zoning of the properties specified in this and the two MOAs that preceded it," he said, quoting the deed of conveyance.

San Juan insisted that SM Aura is not a "pure mall," but also has civic center components such as a chapel, government offices, convention center, trade hall, park and sports facilities. "It's not just a pure mall. If that's the misconception of the public, you wait, because it's a work in progress. The 30-storey tower isn't even open as of now. Once Taguig has its satellite offices there, you'll really see where it's going to," he said.

Asked why BCDA seems to be singling out SM, San Juan said this may be related to a court case the company filed against the government agency. "We can't say kung bakit. (But) there is an existing case between SM and BCDA on another property, in South Bonifacio. Right now, SM was able to secure a TRO against BCDA, so they can't bid it out. They own it but they're tied to certain rights connected to our unsolicited proposal for the property," he said. In January, SM Land won a temporary restraining order against the sale of the 33.1-hectare Bonifacio South Pointe property.
Clipped... to read on click the link: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/...cda-vs-sm-aura
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #4433
Texas Tech's Forte

Likes (Received): 28

Nice article. For the sake of just wanting to follow an intriguing story, I actually want Casanova to go through with the complaint. It's like me wanting the NBA Finals to go a full 7 games instead of just a boring 4-game sweep lol. It's more exciting to find out how it plays out and who actually wins.

GreenArcher -- classic lol.
Texas Tech's Forte no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #4434
Bosnyboy

Likes (Received): 927

Quote:
There is nothing more annoying imho than a big movie theater full of people who don't follow theater protocol/etiquette of shutting the hell up and quit the yapping and also turning off their damn phones while watching a movie. Sarap talaga kutusan yang mga pasaway na yan! Hehehe...
Manners, courtesy, etiquette, respect, these are things this generation have no idea what its all about. This generation is so much different from even just people 20 yrs ago. Young people this days only think about themselves and themselves alone. Like what TIME magazine says, its the ME, ME, ME generation. They do things becoz it makes them happy, they dont care about others or about anything anymore. And this is really sad.

I experienced those rowdy people inside a theater several times. I once asked them to keep their voices down, ang sagot "Paki alam mo, nagbayad ako ng ticket ko kaya pwede ko gawin ang gusto ko!"
Bosnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #4435
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Yup Agree with you Bosny. Mas madami ngang pasaway ngayon panahon kaysa nuon (panahon namin/natin) kung saan mas disiplinado ang mga tao/bata. Ngayon kasi dami nang walang takot sa diyos o rispeto sa kapwa tao nila. Pati buhay napaka mura ang halaga. Kanya nga rin instead of learning how to trust others, nowadays can't help but end up learning to distrust and see the worse in people kasi better safe than sorry ika nga. Hay...
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #4436
naonran
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I can't believe I'm going to Manila this late May

naonran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #4437
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Enjoy! Be Safe!
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #4438
august88boy

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Yup Agree with you Bosny. Mas madami ngang pasaway ngayon panahon kaysa nuon (panahon namin/natin) kung saan mas disiplinado ang mga tao/bata.
bro 3cr, sino ba ka-contemporary mo?
si Mr. Henry Sy?

si BCDA president Arnel Casanova?

o kaming mga bagets?

joke lang bro.
august88boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:18 AM   #4439
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Hehehe... pwede ba maki join sa mga bagets?
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #4440
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianmarketing View Post
Hello SSC! Dropped by again to share a comment from a certain Marc John Mangubat Buencamino which was posted in the InterAksyon website. I'm re-echoing his comment here because we basically share the same sentiment regarding this issue. Regards! Ok. Back to studying Property Law.

Anyway, here is Marc John's comment quoted in toto:

"Annual lease of P 60 - 80 per sq.m. Come on that's not even near the current "monthly" lease rates of commercial lots in BGC! BCDA opted to donate the 3.6 has. lot for Taguig local government to build a civic center and a city hall for the benefit of its citizens.

Despite the opportunity to sell it to property developers which could have easily generated Billions of Pesos to fund the Armed Forces of the Philippines (which is BCDA's main thrust), BCDA choose to give back to the people of Taguig.

Unfortunately, it was illegally leased to SM just for them to build a mall at lease rate far, far lower than prevailing prices.

National Government, Armed Forces of the Philippines and Taguig citizens, you were all shortchanged here just for specific people to earn big time on lot which legally belongs to you.

And yet here we are being bullied by foreign threats who wants to take more of our land for its natural resources for the simple reason that we do not have funding to modernize our Armed Forces."

This comment from a certain Aora Hote can be taken as a rebuttal to the recent comments made by Marc John Mangubat Buencamino and BCDA / Mr. Cassanova himself for that matter...

From Aora Hote on June 11, 2013:
http://ph-underground.com/2013/06/11...ization-funds/

Over the course of the last couple of days, Mr. Casanova has been bemoaning that SM Aura is depriving the Armed Forces of the Philippines of billions of pesos for its modernization program.

That spin has even found its way into an opinion piece from the Philippine Daily Inquirer penned no less than Solita Collas-Monsod in which the respected columnist mouths Casanova’s lines.

In the opinion column, Monsod says:

Taguig City got that land for free, which means that the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the ultimate beneficiary of BCDA operations, had to forego the potential income from the use of the land—an income loss which it can hardly afford. And yet Taguig turned around, and is making money out of it (annual rent of at least P10.8 million a year, plus a signing fee of P70 million for its first lease contract with SM, and P100 million for its second). The land, apparently, is valued at P20 billion, so the Reader can do her own mental calculations about how much those contracts should be really worth.

Source: http://opinion.inquirer.net/54175/un...ore-variations

But, wait, not so fast Ms. Monsod! There seems to be something either wasn’t told to you or something you didn’t find out for yourself! Luckily, another columnist came out with this crucial detail. And that should bring us to the most insulting propaganda line of the BCDA — you know, this thing about how the SMPHI would make a lot of money, while the Armed Forces of the Philippines would not receive even just a cross-eyed centavo.

The BCDA came into being for the development of former military bases into commercial use—i.e. to make them make money which the BCDA would then remit to the government to arm our military that has been unarmed for so long.

Sometime in 2004, the BCDA had to give to the Taguig City government parcels of land in an exchange deal when the city government claimed then the BCDA encroached on city property. To settle the issue, BCDA agreed to give the city parcels of land in other areas. The 3.5-hectare property leased to SMPHI was part of the exchange deal. The BCDA in effect used it as settlement for the city territory incorporated into the American Cemetery.

In other words, even if the city government did not enter into a joint venture development with a private company for the 3.5-hectare property, the BCDA still would not make money out of it, and it still could not remit even a centavo to the military. It seems to me that Mr. Casanova and his boys were only using the name of the AFP in vain. Dangerous!