daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #1
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

China's E2 High Speed Railway Testing Pics

The Train was being tested at Beijing's Testing Loop.

Still wondering where it'll run to and from.

Pics:











zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #2
cal_t
Transport Advocate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brisbane/Melb
Posts: 455
Likes (Received): 22

Hmmm wander when China will develop "their own version" of this Shinkansen...
__________________
Any views expressed are do not represent those of any companies and are personal only. If you are not the intended viewer, you may not disseminate or disclose this information.
cal_t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #3
crossbowman
^Xpande®^
 
crossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Athens
Posts: 881
Likes (Received): 2

and i thought i'd seen it all when i saw Taiwan High Speed Rail...
__________________
[- ANDROS -]

[- Reunification of the PARTHENON Marbles -]


Life is FULL of rude awakenings...
crossbowman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #4
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t
Hmmm wander when China will develop "their own version" of this Shinkansen...
They already are, Shinkansen agreed to transfer the technology. The first set of trains are shipped from Japan the rest are built in China.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:01 AM   #5
Cloudship
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 588
Likes (Received): 97

Why is the name in English?
Cloudship no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #6
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.
 
duskdawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Beijing - Cleveland
Posts: 1,735
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Why is the name in English?
CRH
China Railroad High-speed.
中国铁路高速

It is very common having 2 languages in a logo in China, to make their name memorable for foreigners. Americans don't need though.
__________________
孟子有曰,故天將降大任于是人也,必先苦其心志,勞其筋骨,餓其體膚,空乏其身,行拂亂其所為,所以動心忍性,曾益其所不能。
-♡=Chinese Modernity=-♡-=Chinese Girls II=-♡-=Chinese Gilrs I Archive=♡-
I'm Back in China.
duskdawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #7
Jiangwho
Registered User
 
Jiangwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 802
Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t
Hmmm wander when China will develop "their own version" of this Shinkansen...
say something using your mind not only your mouth

CHINA STAR(first run in 2002. highest speed :321.5km/h)



































Last edited by Jiangwho; July 11th, 2006 at 02:01 AM.
Jiangwho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #8
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

I think he was implying when China will "copy" the technology once it has the trains, but in this case they don't need to lolz!!
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:28 AM   #9
cal_t
Transport Advocate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brisbane/Melb
Posts: 455
Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
They already are, Shinkansen agreed to transfer the technology. The first set of trains are shipped from Japan the rest are built in China.
What I mean is that when are they going to pretend that they developed this technology on their own and claim it as their own to sell it to foreign countries?

I see they used their own version of rollingstock, X2000 based and Shinkansen based to deliver their high speed rail network.

Good luck to China but they aren't high on my list for congratulations.
__________________
Any views expressed are do not represent those of any companies and are personal only. If you are not the intended viewer, you may not disseminate or disclose this information.
cal_t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #10
Accura4Matalan
Registered User
 
Accura4Matalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hinckley, UK
Posts: 13,606
Likes (Received): 1564

Either way, looks very smart.
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #11
gaoanyu
Registered User
 
gaoanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 696
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t
What I mean is that when are they going to pretend that they developed this technology on their own and claim it as their own to sell it to foreign countries?

I see they used their own version of rollingstock, X2000 based and Shinkansen based to deliver their high speed rail network.

Good luck to China but they aren't high on my list for congratulations.
What do you mean pretend?
gaoanyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #12
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t
What I mean is that when are they going to pretend that they developed this technology on their own and claim it as their own to sell it to foreign countries?

I see they used their own version of rollingstock, X2000 based and Shinkansen based to deliver their high speed rail network.

Good luck to China but they aren't high on my list for congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoanyu
What do you mean pretend?
Well he meant what most westerners think....China can't built its own. Its sad really, as usual they'll aways assume that after the Chinese obtains the technology or somehow copies it they'll modify it and claim it as their own and sell it to other countries. China usually learns the technology they obtained whether its legally or illegally studies it, reverse engineer it then apply it as their own. Is it really stealing? Well its debatable. China invented paper, gunpowder, compass,etc. but they never patented it, everyone is basically using them and for those who took paper and further improved its quality should be considered copying? Is it really theirs? Take compass for example, the Chinese developed this technology, the Arabs and the Europeans copied it for thousands of years, made modifications and improved it, so who really owns this technology? Is it considered copied? China in this case is doing what they did. Shinkansen gave the technology to China they of course will modify it to suit Chinese taste so the end result who does this tech belong to?

Just look at the Maglev thread, China claims it develop its own without using foreign help, but all westerns believe they stole the know how from the Shanghai Maglev.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #13
degnaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 158
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
Just look at the Maglev thread, China claims it develop its own without using foreign help, but all westerns believe they stole the know how from the Shanghai Maglev.
I thought the technology came from germany, didnt it?

As for the location, I was in shanghai recently and in the urban planning museum it showed hsr lines running across the city (but strangely no inter-city lines were drawn in) for the 2010 transit map
degnaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:12 AM   #14
Red aRRow
Kickin arse since 19xx
 
Red aRRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,198
Likes (Received): 340

Ignore the ignorant monkeys.

Nice pictures BTW. Where will the E2 be put into service?? I mean in which rail corridor?
Red aRRow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:47 AM   #15
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by degnaw
I thought the technology came from germany, didnt it?

As for the location, I was in shanghai recently and in the urban planning museum it showed hsr lines running across the city (but strangely no inter-city lines were drawn in) for the 2010 transit map
A lot of people are confused about the recent Maglev news in China. Let me clear something, the Shanghai Maglev is 100% German. The Chinese lately said they've mastered Magnetic levitation technology without using any foreign assistance, but its not as fast as the German Maglev. The Chinese has been researching this technology since the 1960's and only a few months ago they've managed to produce a test vehicle. So what is going on is some people accused China of stealing the technology from those who built the Shanghai Maglev to develop their own, although the Germans Siemens and ThyssenKrupp deny this.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #16
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red aRRow
Ignore the ignorant monkeys.

Nice pictures BTW. Where will the E2 be put into service?? I mean in which rail corridor?
That I really have no clue. It was first delivered to Qingdao though the site that will host the water events of the 2008 Olympics. Perhaps its going to be used between Beijing and Qingdao for the Olympics...just guessing.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #17
gaoanyu
Registered User
 
gaoanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 696
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
Well he meant what most westerners think....China can't built its own. Its sad really, as usual they'll aways assume that after the Chinese obtains the technology or somehow copies it they'll modify it and claim it as their own and sell it to other countries. China usually learns the technology they obtained whether its legally or illegally studies it, reverse engineer it then apply it as their own. Is it really stealing? Well its debatable. China invented paper, gunpowder, compass,etc. but they never patented it, everyone is basically using them and for those who took paper and further improved its quality should be considered copying? Is it really theirs? Take compass for example, the Chinese developed this technology, the Arabs and the Europeans copied it for thousands of years, made modifications and improved it, so who really owns this technology? Is it considered copied? China in this case is doing what they did. Shinkansen gave the technology to China they of course will modify it to suit Chinese taste so the end result who does this tech belong to?

Just look at the Maglev thread, China claims it develop its own without using foreign help, but all westerns believe they stole the know how from the Shanghai Maglev.
OK, so in conclusion: there are stupid idiots and jealous bastards in every corner of this world. It's sad that some people living in the former British wasteland are so short-sighted and ill-minded. I therefore, urge OZ be returned to UK. Oh wait a second, they still pay tributes to the Queen, so they are still sort of part of.. I see.
gaoanyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #18
Jiangwho
Registered User
 
Jiangwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 802
Likes (Received): 58

oh thank you for the update pics very cool .cheers

Last edited by Jiangwho; August 29th, 2006 at 10:59 PM.
Jiangwho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #19
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

New Pics

More Testing pics of the new Chinese Highspeed train



















zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 11:11 PM   #20
Effer
E Pluribus Unum
 
Effer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vanderbilt
Posts: 3,736
Likes (Received): 226

Excellent!
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium