daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #521
Zero Gravity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vienna
Posts: 66
Likes (Received): 17

@Mika

Nobody is saying that anymore, we had this whole discussion a while ago! Why do you bring it up again?

While I agree that China developed the CRH380-Series on their own, they should at least give some sort of credit to the Western companies they bought CRH1/2/3/4 from. Without the aquisation of these technologies the developement of the CRH380 wouldn't have been possible; still, at no point am I saying that they "stole" the technology. All I am saying is that they legitimately bought this tech and then used their just aquired know-how to develop new trains and enhance old designs, which is fine by me.

Nonetheless, you seem to me a little bit biased yourself. You are always talking about how the dollar is a worthless piece of shit and that chinese officials are brainwashed for being concerned about the public opinion in the US about China. But they are not; IMHO this is just another part of the Chinese Pragmatism; that kind that helped China to override their policys in the early 80s and start developing a functioning and prosperous economy.
What you are forgetting is that the US sits on the biggest pile of weaponry in the entire world. China may have more soldiers, and starts catching up technology-wise. But for at least the next 20-30 years the US will still be a military super-power that beats the chinese armed forces in no time. And if the people of the US are stupid enough to vote for some tea-bagger idiot cause he said china's all mighty and dangerous and must be destroyed; oh boy, lemme tell you, you sure as hell got a problem.
Of course there are other reasons too, but that's just the first that popped into my mind.
Zero Gravity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #522
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper
 
dumbfword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
@Mika

Nobody is saying that anymore, we had this whole discussion a while ago! Why do you bring it up again?

While I agree that China developed the CRH380-Series on their own, they should at least give some sort of credit to the Western companies they bought CRH1/2/3/4 from. Without the aquisation of these technologies the developement of the CRH380 wouldn't have been possible; still, at no point am I saying that they "stole" the technology. All I am saying is that they legitimately bought this tech and then used their just aquired know-how to develop new trains and enhance old designs, which is fine by me.

Nonetheless, you seem to me a little bit biased yourself. You are always talking about how the dollar is a worthless piece of shit and that chinese officials are brainwashed for being concerned about the public opinion in the US about China. But they are not; IMHO this is just another part of the Chinese Pragmatism; that kind that helped China to override their policys in the early 80s and start developing a functioning and prosperous economy.
What you are forgetting is that the US sits on the biggest pile of weaponry in the entire world. China may have more soldiers, and starts catching up technology-wise. But for at least the next 20-30 years the US will still be a military super-power that beats the chinese armed forces in no time. And if the people of the US are stupid enough to vote for some tea-bagger idiot cause he said china's all mighty and dangerous and must be destroyed; oh boy, lemme tell you, you sure as hell got a problem.
Of course there are other reasons too, but that's just the first that popped into my mind.
Mika has a habit of repeating himself
__________________
"I am the color red in a world full of black and white"
dumbfword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #523
Palatinus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

IF chinese aren't professional copyworkers, the americans are the most peaceful people in the world.

Please Chinese, you have got many guiness, included being the best copier in the world.

It's not a flame, it's the reality, what all the world think about China.

The misfortune is that Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Netherlands are too small to compete alone with China, India, Brazil, Russia and USA.

But it's certain that the north europeans are the best in the world, long long better than americans, russians, south americans or asians.

Siemens will eventually overtake the Chinese.
Palatinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #524
Nozumi 300
Registered User
 
Nozumi 300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 222
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
@Mika
While I agree that China developed the CRH380-Series on their own, they should at least give some sort of credit to the Western companies they bought CRH1/2/3/4 from. Without the aquisation of these technologies the developement of the CRH380 wouldn't have been possible; still, at no point am I saying that they "stole" the technology. All I am saying is that they legitimately bought this tech and then used their just aquired know-how to develop new trains and enhance old designs, which is fine by me.
There's a reason why no one replies to those post
Nozumi 300 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #525
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper
 
dumbfword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozumi 300 View Post
There's a reason why no one replies to those post
You did.
__________________
"I am the color red in a world full of black and white"
dumbfword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #526
Bandit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 435
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfword View Post
Mika has a habit of repeating himself
Like you don't?






Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:03 AM   #527
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper
 
dumbfword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Like you don't?






:Z White knighting and five smiles. Thank you!
__________________
"I am the color red in a world full of black and white"
dumbfword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:29 AM   #528
greenlion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
Likes (Received): 30

CRH380BL top speed in test run at Jinghu HSR is 457 km/h, Official news confirmed today!

http://beijing.qianlong.com/3825/[email protected]

Quote:
“12月5日CRH380B刚刚在京沪高铁徐州到蚌埠的先导段进行了试车,时间虽然不长,但是我们跑出了457.0公里/小时的高速。”中国北车集团CRH380B项目组总设计师李瑞淳用这样一个有力的数字来介绍CRH380B。
greenlion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #529
LHCHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 28
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
IF chinese aren't professional copyworkers, the americans are the most peaceful people in the world.

Please Chinese, you have got many guiness, included being the best copier in the world.

It's not a flame, it's the reality, what all the world think about China.

The misfortune is that Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Netherlands are too small to compete alone with China, India, Brazil, Russia and USA.

But it's certain that the north europeans are the best in the world, long long better than americans, russians, south americans or asians.

Siemens will eventually overtake the Chinese.
I know I'm feeding a troll here, but that last sentence deserve some comment, for it to hold true Siemens will need to admit China overtook them, which contradict with other claims on copying (you can not overtake by copying)

I think it should be noticeable, given this comment that the general accusations of copying are mostly oriented toward self comfort and trying to reconcile the contradiction between their pride and unforgiving facts.

In other words, there's no point in arguing Chinese trains are indeed more advanced, they already know.

Last edited by LHCHL; December 7th, 2010 at 05:19 AM.
LHCHL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #530
Bandit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 435
Likes (Received): 6

Fact is some countries cannot be number one without slanting the world in their favor by controlling world institutions and making sure everyone follows their rules in the guise of the rule of law. China is not mentioned in the bible despite what coded desperate spin they make of some cryptic name mentioned once. And don't give the bull spin about the "Orient" and Kings of the East crap. The Orient when the Bible was written was the Middle East. If God wrote the bible wouldn't he have known that China exists or the Americas? China's existence shows the institutional lies of such beliefs. That pretty much is the theme of everything else too. The people in denial are set in their beliefs in whatever and they're angry at China because it doesn't follow along and perpetuate their lies. There were thosed asked President Richard Nixon is allying with the Chinese against the Soviets dangerous and going to turn against the US in the future. He wasn't worried because he believe China's population was going to be so burdensome that they wouldn't amount to more than they are now.


All the trolls in here are here because their countries are failing mired in their own recession. They have to attempt to beat down those doing better than them because that is the only way they can feel superior. They thought it was going to be worse for China because China depended on them for existing. Look at what happened. China is continuing to hum along without them cushioning many other countries along the way against their recession of their own making. What they said was impossible to their economy because they were so advanced happened anyway. Another myth busted. If they knew what they were talking about in the first place, they wouldn't be in the economic mess they're in now.
Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:58 AM   #531
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper
 
dumbfword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Fact is some countries cannot be number one without slanting the world in their favor by controlling world institutions and making sure everyone follows their rules in the guise of the rule of law. China is not mentioned in the bible despite what coded desperate spin they make of some cryptic name mentioned once. And don't give the bull spin about the "Orient" and Kings of the East crap. The Orient when the Bible was written was the Middle East. If God wrote the bible wouldn't he have known that China exists or the Americas? China's existence shows the institutional lies of such beliefs. That pretty much is the theme of everything else too. The people in denial are set in their beliefs in whatever and they're angry at China because it doesn't follow along and perpetuate their lies. There were thosed asked President Richard Nixon is allying with the Chinese against the Soviets dangerous and going to turn against the US in the future. He wasn't worried because he believe China's population was going to be so burdensome that they wouldn't amount to more than they are now.


All the trolls in here are here because their countries are failing mired in their own recession. They have to attempt to beat down those doing better than them because that is the only way they can feel superior. They thought it was going to be worse for China because China depended on them for existing. Look at what happened. China is continuing to hum along without them cushioning many other countries along the way against their recession of their own making. What they said was impossible to their economy because they were so advanced happened anyway. Another myth busted. If they knew what they were talking about in the first place, they wouldn't be in the economic mess they're in now.
Great blog post. wait. wasn't this a train thread?
__________________
"I am the color red in a world full of black and white"
dumbfword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:12 AM   #532
Bandit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 435
Likes (Received): 6

And your petty nationalistic insecurities about China have nothing to with this thread.





Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #533
spkg
Unregistered Alien
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
High speed trains Moscow-St. Petersburg have been blown up, twice. What is the security for passengers like?
I took the HSR from St. Petersburg to Moscow just earlier this year, and yes the security was tighter then HSR in other parts of euro, the delay wasn't big because the volume wasn't too high, but i did have to go through one of those nude-o-scope, and unlike the Americans who are actually "smart" enough to put the screens in another room, I got to see this hot Russian girl behind me "naked".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Most of it is not a problem that is important for Chinese government. Facts are, China is importing oil, but is not importing coal.
Airplanes use fractions of the total oil consumption of the country, replacing planes with trains aren't going to help energy security by a whole lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Not if you count the weight of accumulators.
the whole point of hydrogen is that it doesn't need accumulators, and hydrogen is lighter than gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Xian-Lanzhou, I expect, will be quite popular and necessary.

China has no plans for HSR into Tibet because of mountains and permafrost. Just slow railways. They are building airports, too - but nevertheless lots of people travel on slow trains to Lhasa.
I did the whole Tibetan Rail thing last year, and i flew into Lanzhou and boarded the train, and from the people i met on the train, that was usually the case. besides, most people on holiday aren't going to care too much about speed. HSR is all about business travelers, and you have to agree that demand is a not as great on the Xi'an to Lanzhou compared to the rest of China.
spkg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #534
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper
 
dumbfword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
And your petty nationalistic insecurities about China have nothing to with this thread.





Do overuse of smiles make it seem like the post is more important ? Also. Which "nationalistic insecurities" about China? Read people's post next time. . pm with anyone messages or smiles. no longer any need to derail the thread.
__________________
"I am the color red in a world full of black and white"
dumbfword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #535
Bandit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 435
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfword View Post
Do overuse of smiles make it seem like the post is more important ? Also. Which "nationalistic insecurities" about China? Read people's post next time. . pm with anyone messages or smiles. no longer any need to derail the thread.
More nonsense? Offended by smilie faces that aren't there? Didn't use any smilie faces in recent conversations. You're really sensitive.
Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #536
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper
 
dumbfword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
More nonsense? Offended by smilie faces that aren't there? Didn't use any smilie faces in recent conversations. You're really sensitive.
Ignore the question and can't read. Sad.
You need to check out your past few post in this thread. anyway. peace g. pm me like I said so you don't keep derailing the thread.
__________________
"I am the color red in a world full of black and white"
dumbfword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #537
Zero Gravity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vienna
Posts: 66
Likes (Received): 17

okay Dumbfword, i think i get your point know.

Answering to Mika's bullshit is pointless and what he basically does is continously derailing the thread with his continous look for the conflict and rather biased and "brainwashed" opinions about China. But really the China-Bashers aren't all that better themselves - they are just as stupid.

Goddamn, i feel like i'm in some thread about the iPhone and nobody actually talks about the iPhone and what you can to with it. No, it's more like the apple-fan-boys and the apple-haters talk about how cruel or how awesome their company is - but in the end it's just pointless jabbering....

conclusion --> me no react no more to mika
Zero Gravity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #538
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,975
Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkg View Post
the whole point of hydrogen is that it doesn't need accumulators, and hydrogen is lighter than gas.
Ah yes. But then it does not need electric motors either.

Hydrogen can be burned in turbines or in infernal combustion engines. Hydrogen contains three times more energy than the same weight of oil - and three times less energy than the same volume of oil.

Since most drag of the airplanes comes from their weight rather than volume, building hydrogen airplanes would nearly triple their range - unless the tanks are heavy.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #539
vtfsae
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
IF chinese aren't professional copyworkers, the americans are the most peaceful people in the world.

Please Chinese, you have got many guiness, included being the best copier in the world.

It's not a flame, it's the reality, what all the world think about China.

The misfortune is that Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Netherlands are too small to compete alone with China, India, Brazil, Russia and USA.

But it's certain that the north europeans are the best in the world, long long better than americans, russians, south americans or asians.

Siemens will eventually overtake the Chinese.
well, isn't USA the top of the world? Can you not agree? Americans will be mad about you.
vtfsae no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #540
vtfsae
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkg View Post
the whole point of hydrogen is that it doesn't need accumulators, and hydrogen is lighter than gas.
Hydrogen requires a heavy tank which will make it a lot worse
vtfsae no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium