daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 1st, 2011, 12:20 AM   #781
Railfan
steamer

Likes (Received): 93

CRH380A to MSTS next

Railfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:29 AM   #782
Railfan
steamer

CIT400A Test video
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #783
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

is that a "dr yellow"?
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #784
Railfan
steamer

This is a train that will use to break world railway speed record, called CIT400A / CRH400A
Old May 15th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #785
Railfan
steamer

China's self-made maglev trainset now in commercial serv

botton:Looks like original TR, but no, its an other copy!!!
Notice: This photo is maby a second trainset with the same front windows as the original TR. [Or] maby it is the rear end of the shown train above. You can see the air outlets at the side, the chinese markins and the different "black" painting on the nose:

Travel China Shanghai 2011 Maglev Train

Old May 16th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #786
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Why didn't they make their own maglev a bit more streamlined?

I always wondered why the Transrapids were less streamlined than railed HSTs or the Japanese maglev. Especially after noticing how bumpy the ride was at 431 km/h. I wouldn't have wanted to take that bumpy ride all the way from Shanghai to Beijing.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 01:38 AM   #787
fragel

Likes (Received): 55

CRH380C being assembled in CNR Changchun factory
source: CCTV news

fragel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:54 AM   #788
in_China

Likes (Received): 0

CRH380C: CRH380B-train with modified nose, HITACHI-component for traction and on-board power supply.
in_China no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #789
[email protected]
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 6407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railfan View Post
[B]China's self-made maglev trainset now in commercial serv
Seriously, do they really have to copy everything??? With the exception of the crappy looking windows it is an exact copy of the German one.

How about designing and developing your own stuff for once.
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #790
superchan7
EOS 40D

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Seriously, do they really have to copy everything??? With the exception of the crappy looking windows it is an exact copy of the German one.

I am not sure why the Shanghai maglev would need more trains, but in such a case, using local builders with tech transfer is probably the most cost-effective solution.

Although it makes sense to use the same body shape and colour scheme since they run on the same short line, one can easily tell that the details and overall finish of the local-made train units are definitely inferior. Oh well.
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #791
fragel

Quote:

why are you so pissed off by some transrapid licensed products? just because they are made in China partially with Transrapid parts?
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #792
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
Why didn't they make their own maglev a bit more streamlined?

I always wondered why the Transrapids were less streamlined than railed HSTs or the Japanese maglev. Especially after noticing how bumpy the ride was at 431 km/h. I wouldn't have wanted to take that bumpy ride all the way from Shanghai to Beijing.
Well, it's not going to happen. There isn't going to be a maglev line connecting Shanghai and Beijing.
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #793
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:

Check out the CRH380A. It's completely designed and developed in China.
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #794
Sopomon
Hideous and malformed

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_tung88 View Post
Check out the CRH380A. It's completely designed and developed in China.
Although it has *a lot* of design elements arising directly from the Japanese Shinkansen still.
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #795
Luli Pop
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

I understand why there's so much jealousy in this thread.

Myself, I'm very jealous of Chinese improuvement with HST. I also would like my country to have the only operative Maglev, the first two Maglev metro lines, the fastests trains in the world, the longest HSR network, ballast-less track everywhere, and transferred, stolen, or own developped HSR know-how and technology (I don't care how was it acquired, the important matter is to have it, with some posters criteria Italians shouldn't eat pasta because Marco Polo transferred know how from China).
Luli Pop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #796
Zero Gravity

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopomon View Post
Although it has *a lot* of design elements arising directly from the Japanese Shinkansen still.
Correct. Saying it was "completely" designed and developed in China is quite far-fetched.
But nonetheless, the train was certainly heavily redesigned and modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luli Pop View Post
I understand why there's so much jealousy in this thread.

Myself, I'm very jealous of Chinese improuvement with HST. I also would like my country to have the only operative Maglev, the first two Maglev metro lines, the fastests trains in the world, the longest HSR network, ballast-less track everywhere, and transferred, stolen, or own developped HSR know-how and technology (I don't care how was it acquired, the important matter is to have it, with some posters criteria Italians shouldn't eat pasta because Marco Polo transferred know how from China).
oh, and you are just a troll, fueling the old argument once again.
Zero Gravity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #797
in_China

Likes (Received): 0

Let's see how it will develop in China in future.
After detaining MOR-minister Liu it is said that the focus is changed to affordable travelling.
The redesign of seating e.g. in CRH380BL-trains and limiting orders of new high-speed-trains (does CRH380D really come???) shows the new way of thinking.
in_China no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #798
fragel

CRH380D won't be delivered before mid 2012 anyway according to the original plan. Whether the previous order of 80 CRH380D will be limited or not, BST is currently making those trains.
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:07 AM   #799
Railfan
steamer

CSR Zhuzhou Times New Material of air spring products to enter the field of high-speed car

2011-05-11

Recently, CSR Times New Materials Business Division elastic component ZEFRIO 380 successful projects high-speed car air spring 1280 the first set of bulk orders, contract value 14 million yuan, marking a new era of air spring products, materials officially entered the field of high-speed car, into the high-speed the ranks of the field of international advanced technology vehicles.
ZEFRIO 380 high-speed car air spring project is running in today's international high-speed vehicles to the highest standards, the air spring is elastic suspension components in rail transport the highest technological content of products. CSR Zhuzhou Times New Material air spring strength, range, in the formulation, structure involves, technology and other aspects of the formation of a unique core technology. Meanwhile, with the series over the years on the air spring technology accumulation, with vehicle manufacturers and rail transportation company Bombardier's internationally renowned strategic partnership, to carry out exchanges and cooperation in many areas, and to send technicians to further study in Germany Bombardier company learning measures. Through the tireless efforts of recent years, CSR Times New air spring design and material research and development capabilities are among the world advanced level, with air springs with the same stage of Europe's leading supplier of power.
It is reported that CSR Times customers very satisfied with the new material products, the era of new material is actively seeking another local landmark project in Europe - ZEFRIO 350 Italian high-speed car air spring project, the current CSR Times of new material technologies rating behind in the first position, the air springs market development overseas and domestic market share of other high-speed vehicles will play a huge role in promoting.

ZEFRIO 380 do not know of the progress

GOOGLE AUTO TRANSLATE
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #800
Railfan
steamer

New Train?

Tags
china